iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

I called DOS yesterday late afternoon and was told my visa was issued on June 6 :dance:

Just waiting for that waybill number now... I can't wait to go pick it up and book my flights!!!

So happy for you! Hopefully this will be a good week for all of us. I really don't want to have to pay the change fees for my fiances one way ticket to Canada to drive with me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called DOS yesterday late afternoon and was told my visa was issued on June 6 :dance:

Just waiting for that waybill number now... I can't wait to go pick it up and book my flights!!!

Congratulations!!!kicking.gif

Great news!!!!! Hope everyone else gets news like that very soon!!!! :dance:

SEPT 16,2010-FILED I-129F
SEPT 21,2010-NOA1
SEPT 27,2010-hard copy of NOA1
SEPT 24,2010-touch
FEB 23,2011-RFE
FEB 23,2011-touch
MAR 12,2011-SENT OUT RFE requested
MAR 16,2011-touch (e-mail too)
MAR 17,2011-NOA2
MAR 25,2011-NVC recieved our petition
APR 13,2011-PKT 3 SENT from Montreal
APR 20,2011-SENT OUT PKT 3
MAY 4,2011-EMAIL RFE 2 from Montreal
MAY 5,2011-SENT OUT REQUESTED DS 156, passprot photos, bio page of passport
MAY 23,2011-DOS COMFIRMED PKT 4 HAS BEEN SENT OUT
May 31,2011-Pkt 4 recieved (dated May 18th)
AUG 3,2011-MEDICAL in Toronto
AUG 25,2011-INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
SEPT 9,2011-POE
SEPT 12,2011-Wedding

AOS
SEPT,26th 2011-AOS filed
OCT 6th-E-mail NOA1
OCT 11th-Hardcopy of NOA1 dated Sept 28th
OCT 25th-RFE
NOV 29,2011-AP (Approved)
NOV 29,2011-EAD(card production)
Dec 6,2011-EAD/AP card in hand smile.png
June 18, 2012-AOS approved
Aug 27th,2012-Card in production
STILL WAITING TO RECIEVE GREEN CARD~2nd service request is pending Nov 12,2012
Contacted senator-Jan 2013
Recieved e-mail response-Feb 4,2013
MAY 7,2013-RECIEVED GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

March 18,2014-sent I-751

March 24,2014-Recieved NOA (dated March 20th)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope you all get your visas. My fiance's visa was issued on May 26th. We're still waiting for them to mail it. Hopefully you all get yours immediately like many others did. One lady at the DOS number told me that if the consulate it busy it can take a week or so for it to go through QC and mail out or whatever. I'm getting pretty close to contacting my representative in congress.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope you all get your visas. My fiance's visa was issued on May 26th. We're still waiting for them to mail it. Hopefully you all get yours immediately like many others did. One lady at the DOS number told me that if the consulate it busy it can take a week or so for it to go through QC and mail out or whatever. I'm getting pretty close to contacting my representative in congress.

2 weeks out and it's still not mailed? Does the waiting ever end... :wacko: I hope we both get it by the end of the week!

Unless you made arrangements with the Quebec branch (through CSC website) your fiance will need to drive there to pick it up. Good news is once it's mailed it's an overnight delivery.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Well what a surprise! The Consulate just responded to my email from last Thursday and says they are sending it out today via DHL to her local DHL office. So that would be 13 business since the interview and 8 business days since they printed it. Good luck!

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

Well what a surprise! The Consulate just responded to my email from last Thursday and says they are sending it out today via DHL to her local DHL office. So that would be 13 business since the interview and 8 business days since they printed it. Good luck!

Congrats Happy75 and SF2007! You both have been waiting so long, I'm glad you are finally getting the visas. SF2007, I hope there isn't much wait before they send it to you. Have you tried using the RefID on the CSC website on the DHL page, tracking by reference (not waybill)? Some people have said that works for them, and that it is updated faster on the DHL website than the CSC website.

Timeline

Thanks! Yes I'm going to try that reference number tonight. I might log onto the CSC site but I'll check the DHL site first.

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you tried using the RefID on the CSC website on the DHL page, tracking by reference (not waybill)?

Yes, nothing shows yet. I'll keep looking!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

My fiance just called DOS. The first time, the person told him they didn't have any info and he should call DHL. I told him he can't call DHL without a waybill number. So then he called DOS back, and this time the person told us it was issued late Monday! Then the guy told him he would contact him with information on how to pick it up, which doesn't make any sense.

Well, at least they are issuing things now! Looks like they did a bunch at once. It is also weird the different info you get depending on which DOS person you talk to. Oh well, I'm happy :)

Just called DOS, Looks like it took exactly two weeks (my interview was the 25th of May) for ym Visa to be issued. My Visa was issued yesterday, hopefully Montreal will get their butts in gear and send out our passports DHL soon!! Maybe i won't need to change all my plans :)

Not sure if it made a difference, but i email the consulate early last week explaining i had a one way flight for my fiance coming next week, as well as a trailer booked. That i was told it would only take a week or so to get it. I didnt blame them at all, actually told them i know i shouldnt have planned anything but that i would hate to have to pay all the change fees.. Wonder if my email happened to have ended up with a compatiante person :)

Timeline

Thanks! Yes I'm going to try that reference number tonight. I might log onto the CSC site but I'll check the DHL site first.

Did the DHL or CSC sites tell you anything last night? Ours didn't, but our visa was only issued on Monday, whereas they told you it would be shipped yesterday.

Timeline

Congrats to everyone who has gotten their visas! So exciting :)

I just got off the phone with DOS again and I am so frustrated! Its been almost a month since I was approved at the interview and nothing is happening. The DOS lady said there are no problems that she can see with our case, and that no documents are needed or anything like that, but its just being slow to process. AHHHHHH!! I am so frustrated, i feel like I could just start crying right now.

Did the Visa arrive for her? Or is there a waybill number online?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.