iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ITS THE BEST FEELING EVER!

ps. Love your names, not only the J. and Ashley, but my brother's name is Jason too :)

Congrats Ashley&John and Jason and Ashley!!! This makes me hopeful that we'll hear something soon. I was starting to think they would never get around to it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

okay....I SERIOUSLY can't believe this....my fiance got this letter last night:

Mr. ......,

Please be advised it will be issued on June 20th.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

AD

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov

http://www.consular....ov/montreal.asp

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

mad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif.....so does this mean we have to wait nearly a month since the interview to get his visa??? I am so freaking sad right now.... what happened to the 1-2 weeks they promised?? no explaination.. no nothing.....sad.gif

Edited by S and P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

mad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif.....so does this mean we have to wait nearly a month since the interview to get his visa??? I am so freaking sad right now.... what happened to the 1-2 weeks they promised?? no explaination.. no nothing.....sad.gif[/size][/font]

Like everyone you were told it generally took 1-2 weeks to issue a visa but they never guarantee it :( It's the first time I come across them saying they will issue a visa by a certain date. Hang in there.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Like everyone you were told it generally took 1-2 weeks to issue a visa but they never guarantee it :( It's the first time I come across them saying they will issue a visa by a certain date. Hang in there.

okay..so I misspoke...they didn't PROMISE anything....gawd...it's been such a grueling process...I know everyone here knows this....

I was just hoping that at least ONE part of this process was going to go as the suggested time frame.....

I haven't seen my fiance in over 4 months now.......sad.gif...so yeah...another 2 and a half to three weeks was a tough pill to swallow .... but... we'll have a lifetime after that!!!!heart.gif Just gotta focus on what really matters.

Timeline

I totally understand. I am still waiting on my passport back as well and they gave me no indication as of when I will have it back. After reading all the comments early May, all those people getting it within 10 days, I was truly hoping I would get mine as quickly.

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

I totally understand. I am still waiting on my passport back as well and they gave me no indication as of when I will have it back. After reading all the comments early May, all those people getting it within 10 days, I was truly hoping I would get mine as quickly.

I guess we were lucky to at least hear something from them......

I hope you get some news soon!!

I guess we were lucky to at least hear something from them......

I hope you get some news soon!!

Oh no... I had my Interview on the 25th also. And since I saw some people who had there's on the 24th got their visas yesterday.... So I went ahead and booked my fiancée flight, he's flying to Canada to go back with me. On the 17 th... Trailer rented also. I pray it comes before,,,,

Timeline

Oh no... I had my Interview on the 25th also. And since I saw some people who had there's on the 24th got their visas yesterday.... So I went ahead and booked my fiancée flight, he's flying to Canada to go back with me. On the 17 th... Trailer rented also. I pray it comes before,,,,

I was wondering if anyone else who interviewed on the 25th got a similar email.... it's just kinda strange.....

*sigh*... I know... the person who interviewed a day before got their visa issued yesterday... but they weren't a K-1... I don't know if that matters...(I am happy for that person...really!biggrin.gif)

I hope it works out for you Sabrina!! My fiance was hoping to not have to renew his license plates on his car... they expire on the 19th.... wacko.gif....we were just going to register it and plate it here in the US when he came home....now he's got to pay a few hundred dollars for the ability to drive it in canada for maybe a week... mad.gif...

la la la...and so the journey continues.......

I was wondering if anyone else who interviewed on the 25th got a similar email.... it's just kinda strange.....

*sigh*... I know... the person who interviewed a day before got their visa issued yesterday... but they weren't a K-1... I don't know if that matters...(I am happy for that person...really!biggrin.gif)

I hope it works out for you Sabrina!! My fiance was hoping to not have to renew his license plates on his car... they expire on the 19th.... wacko.gif....we were just going to register it and plate it here in the US when he came home....now he's got to pay a few hundred dollars for the ability to drive it in canada for maybe a week... mad.gif...

la la la...and so the journey continues.......

Did he just randomly get that email, or did he send an email to them asking when it would be ready?

Did he just randomly get that email, or did he send an email to them asking when it would be ready?

im so frustrated waiting for my visa,till now no update about it.interview-may 16,2011. im under the k1 visa. Is there anybody who had their interview on same day as mine and already recieved their visa?

Timeline

no...he didn't send an email or even call to inquire.... we haven't even been hitting up DOS yet for information....it's really bizarre....

he did send an email back in april asking about interview dates and when they would be available.... and the email he got yesterday came from the same office in Montreal that responded to his april email... so I dunno..it's so freaking weird... I'm just really hoping it comes sooner

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I called DOS yesterday to see whats going on with my visa, and she said it looks like there has just been no updates to my case and to try calling back again next week if I dont get it. Ugh! I had my interview on may 11th :( I am so tired of this process and I want to move!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ive got my finger's crossed for everyone still waiting!!! Good luck!!

03/08/2010: Wedding

03/26/2010: I-130 Mailed

04/16/2010: NOA1 via email

09/21/2010: NOA2 via email

10/27/2010: NVC Case number

11/28/2010: AOS fee paid

03/15/2011: AOS packet sent

11/28/2010: IV fee paid

02/15/2011: IV packet sent

04/01/2011: Case Complete at NVC

04/13/2011: Interview Date Assigned

XX/XX/2011: Package sent to Embassy

05/11/2011: Medical Completed

05/24/2011: Interview Date APPROVED!!!

XX/XX/2011: Visa Received

XX/XX/2011: POE

Timeline

I called DOS yesterday late afternoon and was told my visa was issued on June 6 :dance:

Just waiting for that waybill number now... I can't wait to go pick it up and book my flights!!!

ROC completed April 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.