iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, Everyone

After reading everyone post from Aug 2015 I wanted to join and keep you guys update as much as I can, at the same I am running out of patience of when would I get a ceac(refused) refresh from the site and my passport back.

Looking at few scenarios, some still waiting while others got the passport back within 2-3 weeks

My story, I-601 and I-212 were approved on Oct 29 Consulate sent me an email instructions after receiving the approval notices on Nov 23rd requesting to send passport,new medical, new police certificate.

Required documents sent on Dec 3 via Canada Post Express, Dec 4th package shows it was delivered base on my hand write at 315 Place d'Youville Suite 500 and so far no update yet

My question, Is the mailing site correct? Should I email the embassy to ask if they receive my documents?

Ninjamax, you probably going to get it tomorrow that is for sure..

Thank you for your response, and hope everyone gets the visa before the holidays.

Yes that is their offsite where they screen the mail for security purposes, it can take a day or a few days for it to actually get to the embassy. Theres no point in emailing them as you will get that same response. I would say this upcoming week or next week your status should get an update

K-1 Timeline

09/15/14 - Mailed I-129F
09/25/14 - NOA1 Text Message
05/04/15 - NOA2 Text message - Approved
09/15/15 - Interview Montreal [221(g) given for missing ORIGINAL Birth Certificate]
09/15/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Sept 15th
11/13/15 - Sent missing document via Loomis to Montreal
11/16/15 - Loomis Tracking shows delivered
11/19/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 19th
11/21/15 - Ceac Status shows READY for Nov 21st [Case Creation Date updated to Nov 21st]
11/25/15 - Ceac Status shows Admin Processing for Nov 25th
11/30/15 - VISA Issued !!!!!
12/07/15 - VISA in hand

AOS Timeline

03/26/16 - Mailed AOS Package
04/03/16 - USCIS Received
05/04/16 - Biometrics Done
05/07/16 - RFE Received (I-864 Joint Sponsor Documentation)
06/28/16 - EAD/AP Approved

07/11/16 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!! / No Interview :dance:
07/13/16 - 2 Year Conditional Green Card arrived in mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes that is their offsite where they screen the mail for security purposes, it can take a day or a few days for it to actually get to the embassy. Theres no point in emailing them as you will get that same response. I would say this upcoming week or next week your status should get an update

I hope so..I just don't feel confident that sometimes mail get lost or deliver to wrong place without knowing if the consulate received it.

By the way Ninja, what city do you live ? I am in Markham...maybe we can get some timmys lol

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 4, 2015 - Offsite received docs

Dec 7, 2015 - Have not received docs

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 11, 2015 - Confirmed docs physically received on the 8th

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Jan 25, 2016 - Issued (AP)

Jan 26, 2016 - Issued (Final)

Jan 28, 2015 - Visa in Hand

Feb 6, 2016 - POE ( Peace Bridge)

Timeline

Hi, Everyone

After reading everyone post from Aug 2015 I wanted to join and keep you guys update as much as I can, at the same I am running out of patience of when would I get a ceac(refused) refresh from the site and my passport back.

Looking at few scenarios, some still waiting while others got the passport back within 2-3 weeks

My story, I-601 and I-212 were approved on Oct 29 Consulate sent me an email instructions after receiving the approval notices on Nov 23rd requesting to send passport,new medical, new police certificate.

Required documents sent on Dec 3 via Canada Post Express, Dec 4th package shows it was delivered base on my hand write at 315 Place d'Youville Suite 500 and so far no update yet

My question, Is the mailing site correct? Should I email the embassy to ask if they receive my documents?

Ninjamax, you probably going to get it tomorrow that is for sure..

Thank you for your response, and hope everyone gets the visa before the holidays.

We sent our passport in November 23, and it was delivered to their mail location on the 24. It then needs to be processed for security reasons before being sent to the consulate apparently. I emailed the consulate around November 30th to check in and they said they had received the passport on the 25 (which is also when our CEAC was updated), so it seemed to only have taken two/three days. Hopefully within the next few days you will have some type of update, maybe even tomorrow.

November 16 2015: Interview in Montreal

Result: Approved, but additional documents requested

November 25: Documents received by consulate

December 29: Visa's in hand!

December 29: POE at Peace Bridge

January 5: Married!!!! (L)

January 11: Applied for SSN

January 18: Sent out I-485 packet

January 19: Received SSN card

January 29: Received text notification that I-485 package has been received

February: Additional documents requested

May 25: Advance Parole granted (pointless, in my case)

June 3 2016: Green Cards received!!

Timeline

I hope so..I just don't feel confident that sometimes mail get lost or deliver to wrong place without knowing if the consulate received it.

By the way Ninja, what city do you live ? I am in Markham...maybe we can get some timmys lol

Friend2ya, did you get a confirmation from Canada Post with who received the package, like a name? Seems like both times I have sent something to their mailing address a 'Marilou' signs for it. And they have both successfully been recieved by the consulate itself.

Timeline

We sent our passport in November 23, and it was delivered to their mail location on the 24. It then needs to be processed for security reasons before being sent to the consulate apparently. I emailed the consulate around November 30th to check in and they said they had received the passport on the 25 (which is also when our CEAC was updated), so it seemed to only have taken two/three days. Hopefully within the next few days you will have some type of update, maybe even tomorrow.

JennNMike,

According to your timeline and my google-ing search by Wednesday or Thursday, you should have an "Issued"

Thank you for stopping by, and keep everyone inform if you hear anything from the consulate.

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Timeline

Friend2ya, did you get a confirmation from Canada Post with who received the package, like a name? Seems like both times I have sent something to their mailing address a 'Marilou' signs for it. And they have both successfully been recieved by the consulate itself.

Unfortunately...No,

I thought the signature part was included with the service..

Now, you are making me worry if the package was delivered to the right suite or place...

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Timeline

I was asked to send some more documents mine was received on Nov 24th and so far no updates on my status. Hoping for some type of good news this week. I'm beyond frustrated of all the delays just because no one seems to know what they are doing.

Timeline

Unfortunately...No,

I thought the signature part was included with the service..

Now, you are making me worry if the package was delivered to the right suite or place...

Oh no don't be worried! The address you posted above is 100% correct. I know many people receive generic emails back from the consulate, but when I emailed to make sure it was delivered and in the right spot, they assured me it was. It won't hurt to send an email, it usually takes a few days for a response though, and by then you may receive an update anyways. I read somewhere it stays at their mail location for a few weeks, but most timeline's I have see on here are only a day or two!!

Timeline

I was asked to send some more documents mine was received on Nov 24th and so far no updates on my status. Hoping for some type of good news this week. I'm beyond frustrated of all the delays just because no one seems to know what they are doing.

That is frustrating! I wonder what is going on? Nothing has been updated for you, even your 'status update date'? Usually that changes if someone receives something on your case, looks at your case, or works on it. It at least gives your hope that something is being done. But nothing yet for you?

Timeline

I read somewhere it stays at their mail location for a few weeks..

If you say so, I guess I am going to wait for a while.. I am going to email the embassy and see what's up,

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Question for the pro's out here.. :idea: I had my K1 visa interview this past friday and I was approved. Any idea how long it might take to get my passport in hand? Thanks!

Timeline

That is frustrating! I wonder what is going on? Nothing has been updated for you, even your 'status update date'? Usually that changes if someone receives something on your case, looks at your case, or works on it. It at least gives your hope that something is being done. But nothing yet for you?

They last updated that day on November 24th. And I knew that's the day they received my documents. But since then nothing has been done. I emailed them on Friday we will see if I get any reply by Monday.

Timeline

Question for the pro's out here.. :idea: I had my K1 visa interview this past friday and I was approved. Any idea how long it might take to get my passport in hand? Thanks!

If everything is fine by Wednesday you should receive it. If not just check the ceac website. Good luck:)

Timeline

Thanks for the quick reply. I checked the CEAC Website and it shows the Status as" Ready" with the last update date of today!

Did it also changed to non immigrant visa?.if so by tmr or the latest by Tuesday it will change to issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.