iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Make sure have every ID to bring..to avoid delay picking up the package..we had a few VJ got almost turned away..I see there is a reference:passport # I am bringing a copy of my passport just in case. My pick location is in Markham

My pickup location is going to be Square one mall in missisuaga....and I have everything ready for that.....just the wait for the passport now

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello! I have my interview tomorrow and am worried I'll go into AP since I have a Masters in Science (immunology). However I (and my immediate family) are all Canadian born so that may work to my advantage. My wife is dual (born in US) but has lived in Canada her whole life, her parents are Canadian and American. We're both the same race. It's our first marriage and we've been together for a long time before we were married. Not sure if any of these things matter but sometimes they seem to!

But I am still worried about 221g! I've prepared my CV and will have it ready in case the officer would like to see it. If I get the 221g, perhaps it would be better to submit my CV by email though? Assuming it needs to be sent to Washington, DC, an email would get there faster instead of a paper copy. But maybe after seeing my CV and discussing it the officer may decide to not do a 221g?

I am worried since we have a lot planned for next month and it all relies on me getting the visa. So I'm really hoping I can get the visa in a month, two months max! What do you guys think?

Edited by sean.law

2015.07.20: Sent I-130 package

2015.07.26: NOA1 (routed to CSC)

2015.08.19 NOA2 (25 days approval INSANITY)

2015.09.07 NVC receives case (19 days)

2015.09.18 NVC assigns case #

2015.09.21 DS-261 submitted

2015.09.21 AOS bill paid

2015.10.27 AOS/IV package arrives at NVC

2015.10.28 DS-261 reviewed (didn't call)

2015.10.28 scan date for AOS/IV (30 day review)

2015.10.29 IV bill paid

2015.11.03 DS-260 submitted

2015.12.09 Case complete at NVC

2015.12.15 Receive interview date

2015.12.22 Medical exam

2016.01.28 Interview - approved!

2016.01.29 Visa is issued

2016.02.01 Receive waybill number

Timeline

Hello! I have my interview tomorrow and am worried I'll go into AP since I have a Masters in Science (immunology). However I (and my immediate family) are all Canadian born so that may work to my advantage. My wife is dual (born in US) but has lived in Canada her whole life, her parents are Canadian and American. We're both the same race. It's our first marriage and we've been together for a long time before we were married. Not sure if any of these things matter but sometimes they seem to!

But I am still worried about 221g! I've prepared my CV and will have it ready in case the officer would like to see it. If I get the 221g, perhaps it would be better to submit my CV by email though? Assuming it needs to be sent to Washington, DC, an email would get there faster instead of a paper copy. But maybe after seeing my CV and discussing it the officer may decide to not do a 221g?

I am worried since we have a lot planned for next month and it all relies on me getting the visa. So I'm really hoping I can get the visa in a month, two months max! What do you guys think?

Hi Sean

Don't panic, there's no way to anticipate an AP. and.... unfortunately if you get under AP there's no way to find out how long it will be. Even though if they tell you you are approved. Do not make plans until you get the Visa on Hand. I have been waiting for 8.5 months... I have read "a little" about all kind of cases.
All the best to you tomorrow!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Sean,

In all the cases i have seen where the CO has requested for CV are mostly Indian Citizens who have graduated overseas or living overseas either on study permits, work permits and permanent residence.

Furthermore since you are a Canadian Citizen i would highly doubt that u would be placed in AP for technology related check because Canada already has NAFTA agreement with the US.

I have feeling that your interview will be absolutely fine and may god help you with a smooth visa processing.

Good luck and god bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Timeline

Hi Sean,

In all the cases i have seen where the CO has requested for CV are mostly Indian Citizens who have graduated overseas or living overseas either on study permits, work permits and permanent residence.

Furthermore since you are a Canadian Citizen i would highly doubt that u would be placed in AP for technology related check because Canada already has NAFTA agreement with the US.

I have feeling that your interview will be absolutely fine and may god help you with a smooth visa processing.

Good luck and god bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

Hey ConiMoni,

I am an Indian and am here on a Work permit at the moment and I was not placed on any kind of AP.......I had my interview on the 25th of Jan and My passport has already been dispatched from the consulate.

It is not necessary that being from another country other than canada will put you under AP. There are different circumstances under which an AP can be triggered.

There is no surety about where it will be AP or approved. And there are many people on the forum who are canadian's by birth and have not been to any other country, and have got an AP.

@Seanlaw.....Just be confident for the interview and keep everything prepared. Just answer them what is asked shortly and precisely and all will be good for you... don't be nervous before the interview and go with a fresh and positive mind...

Everything will be good for you tomorrow...... Cheers

Timeline

Hi Nymets,

Congratulations on the approval.

In my msg i was highlighting the fact that for technology related check "mostly" are indians not "all" indians.

While the canadian in this forum who have been placed in AP are not due to technology checks.

Eitherway i am glad it worked out smoothly for u and wish you good luck for the future.

God bless.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

ConiMoni

Hey ConiMoni,

I am an Indian and am here on a Work permit at the moment and I was not placed on any kind of AP.......I had my interview on the 25th of Jan and My passport has already been dispatched from the consulate.

It is not necessary that being from another country other than canada will put you under AP. There are different circumstances under which an AP can be triggered.

There is no surety about where it will be AP or approved. And there are many people on the forum who are canadian's by birth and have not been to any other country, and have got an AP.

@Seanlaw.....Just be confident for the interview and keep everything prepared. Just answer them what is asked shortly and precisely and all will be good for you... don't be nervous before the interview and go with a fresh and positive mind...

Everything will be good for you tomorrow...... Cheers

hi Nymets

If you dnt mind could you please tel me.. your job/work filed?

base on my understanding from google and VJ, AP does matter on your job/work domain.

thanks

Jasbir

hi sean

Best of luck for your interview. dnt think or worry about AP system.

Just focus on your interview and just chill.

cheers

Jasbir

Timeline

hi Nymets

If you dnt mind could you please tel me.. your job/work filed?

base on my understanding from google and VJ, AP does matter on your job/work domain.

thanks

Jasbir

I was a supervisor in a telecommunications company......

Hi Nymets,

I think your domain is not in this list, thats was a positive point in your case.

This is what i found online after my interview, I am also in AP too. I have MSc computer science and im in IT support/tech networking.

according to this website.. http://visarefusal.com/221g/

this website also supports upper website information .. https://www.ias.edu/...vvs/alerts-tech

A widely applicable phenomenon has been administrative processing for applicants, usually scientists, researchers, and businessmen, who may be exposed to technologies in the United States which fall under the Technology Alert List. The US does not want sensitive technologies to fall into the wrong hands. In such cases, the applicant is requested to provide an English-language resume, list of publications, and description of the proposed work to be done in the US, which is forwarded to Washington. Individuals who hail from certain countries, such as Iran, Syria, Sudan, must be cleared by Washington. Quite often, these clearances are a formality and simply a question of time to run through the interagency gamut. However, for certain types of clearances, the visa validity period may be limited.

Edited by Jasbir

Timeline

To follow up on my previous post from yesterday:

I had my interview on Friday Jan 222nd

CEAC updated yesterday: "READY" at the top it says "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA"

Case Creation Date: Jan-25-2016

Case Update Date: Jan-25-2016

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days."

Now it's gone into administrative processing.. should I be concerned? Is the next step "ISSUED" ...?

Timeline

Just normal, background check..

Did you ask CO if your visa was approved? An kept your passport?

To follow up on my previous post from yesterday:

I had my interview on Friday Jan 222nd

CEAC updated yesterday: "READY" at the top it says "NON-IMMIGRANT VISA"

Case Creation Date: Jan-25-2016

Case Update Date: Jan-25-2016

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days."

Now it's gone into administrative processing.. should I be concerned? Is the next step "ISSUED" ...?

Edited by Friend2ya

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 4, 2015 - Offsite received docs

Dec 7, 2015 - Have not received docs

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 11, 2015 - Confirmed docs physically received on the 8th

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Jan 25, 2016 - Issued (AP)

Jan 26, 2016 - Issued (Final)

Jan 28, 2015 - Visa in Hand

Feb 6, 2016 - POE ( Peace Bridge)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Visa was approved! I wanted to post a review but for some reason its telling me I ned to register first, which I already am. Maybe its because Im on a mac. I dont use macs and cant even find the damn apostrophe.

Anyway it went very smoothly. My job history didnt even come up. He was very nice and I was done in about five minutes. Current wait is 2 weeks to receive the visa. Thanks everyone!! Ill post again when I receive it

2015.07.20: Sent I-130 package

2015.07.26: NOA1 (routed to CSC)

2015.08.19 NOA2 (25 days approval INSANITY)

2015.09.07 NVC receives case (19 days)

2015.09.18 NVC assigns case #

2015.09.21 DS-261 submitted

2015.09.21 AOS bill paid

2015.10.27 AOS/IV package arrives at NVC

2015.10.28 DS-261 reviewed (didn't call)

2015.10.28 scan date for AOS/IV (30 day review)

2015.10.29 IV bill paid

2015.11.03 DS-260 submitted

2015.12.09 Case complete at NVC

2015.12.15 Receive interview date

2015.12.22 Medical exam

2016.01.28 Interview - approved!

2016.01.29 Visa is issued

2016.02.01 Receive waybill number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.