iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed that the CR1 visas appear to be taking more time to process than the K1 visa. Tomorrow will be three weeks since my interview on July 21st. Would it be a good idea to call the consulate to see whats up or should I wait another week? I was told my visa will take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.

There was a mistake on my Loomis form though, my birthday was incorrect. I have sent them the info and it should be corrected. Would this be a reason for I havent received my visa yet? The CEAC says READY and the last date updated was July 31st.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I noticed that the CR1 visas appear to be taking more time to process than the K1 visa. Tomorrow will be three weeks since my interview on July 21st. Would it be a good idea to call the consulate to see whats up or should I wait another week? I was told my visa will take 2 1/2 to 3 weeks.

There was a mistake on my Loomis form though, my birthday was incorrect. I have sent them the info and it should be corrected. Would this be a reason for I havent received my visa yet? The CEAC says READY and the last date updated was July 31st.

Most people from this thread have waited longer than 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. it's been READY all the time or it has been ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and then changed to READY?

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hi Spielerin, I see that you are crossing at Detroit border. Once you do that, can you please share your experience? I am planning to do the same. Congrats again.

Of course, probably I will post a review on Monday. My fiance and I used to cross Detroit/Windsor Tunnel on weekly basis since both of us live on the border and it's just 40 mins from my place to his. :)

He actually checked with one CBP guy last weekend when he went back and asking him about our Uhaul situation etc. The CBP guy told him it should be fine as long as we are not trying to cross during prime time (so I assume either super early or super late). And he was told it's better if we choose the lanes that are close to the truck lane (on the far right side) but not to take the truck lane (that's for commercial trucks).

Are you going to move with your belongings? Car?

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

oh that's nice and short move. We shipped all of our stuff from Toronto to Arizona few weeks ago via POD. My husband found a place and such so it went on his own. It seemed like everything went ok and it is now in Arizona. I don't know what border it crossed or anything. So I will be crossing with few of my belongings here plus my pets (dog and a bird).

Edited by New User 1000

Timeline

oh that's nice a nice and short move. We shipped all of our stuff from Toronto to Arizona few weeks ago via POD. My husband found a place and such so it went on his own. It seemed like everything went ok and it is now in Arizona. I don't know what border it crossed or anything. So I will be crossing with few of my belongings here plus my pets (dog and a bird).

I am not sure about the pets situation, I think you'll have to inform them ahead of time.

I know for dogs, it's relatively easy, my fiance and I have a puppy and he brings him over when I couldn't go for visit. I think there might be some specific regulation regarding birds.

Found the link below if you haven't done any study (for bird):

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/portal/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/sa_import_into_us/sa_entry_requirements/ct_import_live_animals/!ut/p/a1/pVPbctowEP2aPmq02LItP5pcMASatpkW8ItG2DJW6huyIOHvIxtnmgkQ0olf5F2dXe3Z3YMjvMBRyXdyzbWsSp63duSyyX1oDYZgjUcP_g2Mv_-5ndGpZ9-HxACWBnA1CkLiTQGAUAvG18Pw2vNnAGP3XfzoZmjib6c_vLuJBT8JnuMIR3Gpa53hJa8z2bC4KrUoNcvlSnG1_wYNZ9VWsbSKt01n8VIWPGeZ4LnOOo8s6kppJktdsR5kUqg9U2KzlUoUxjLuWL8ic7kTfZ6mLaGOZYKXjp9QPyUpEkliI0LdFFFi-cj3nRVQknoJDHrKcOYL4BLlQ_w5wJ3ztXgDuDCyruUXKugAH021A3zQg6Up0jtbhU_ww392ffKJTbTU7Gq2Nmm5zpAs0wovjnajcx3vBl6c2Y35EEe7IHPDpyNO7xrvveUENgAVHiA-AIrIKk4QdylHgvtEcNsaOKl3xOnUqE9zeq2u_a-FZlrxncg7Er04Dlya9rZp88jHzSYKjNZadT1rvPis2PqmiOf2eCO_w-2_xzt1nXq8Ln4X1N5Lif7-omA7-ZoivqL7JzEPXgATtsCe/?1dmy&urile=wcm%3apath%3a%2Faphis_content_library%2Fsa_our_focus%2Fsa_animal_health%2Fsa_import_into_us%2Fsa_entry_requirements%2Fsa_avian%2Fct_com_birds

Also, I personally prefer tunnel to the bridge (ambassador bridge), CBP officers from the bridge can sometimes be impatient for some reason.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hey Yeah the bird import is going to be challenging. My visa isn't issued yet and it has been 68 days since I sent them the require documentation. I have been trying to co-ordinate the bird stuff on my end. That site is new to me so thanks! It has great information.

I have only crossed twice through Detroit. I have gone through Peace Bridge most of the time and that one is pretty good. Detroit was super cranky last time I went through which was Christmas 2013.

Edited by New User 1000

Timeline

"PriyaB" were you told on interview that you were APPROVED ?? MTL is really really slow but you could send an inquiry email if you haven't already done so. What is CEAC showing?? Hopefully you will see ISSUED this week. :)

Timeline

"PriyaB" were you told on interview that you were APPROVED ?? MTL is really really slow but you could send an inquiry email if you haven't already done so. What is CEAC showing?? Hopefully you will see ISSUED this week. :)

Yep, I was approved. I noticed that they looked at my account on 11th of August, but it is still READY with the message about preparing for the interview.

I did get a message from Loomis stating they fixed my name on the account, but I noticed they didn't fix my birthdate and it was still off by one day. I hope that isnt what the hold up is about.

I will hold out another week before contacting the consulate. I try not to completely pay attention to other people going through the process because I know its all individual in the end.

Edited by PriyaB

Timeline

Ugh, Still nothing. They checked it again today too.

I just sent them an email using the inquiry form.

Timeline

Hang in there. Hopefully you should hear this week.

Hey Yeah the bird import is going to be challenging. My visa isn't issued yet and it has been 68 days since I sent them the require documentation. I have been trying to co-ordinate the bird stuff on my end. That site is new to me so thanks! It has great information.

I have only crossed twice through Detroit. I have gone through Peace Bridge most of the time and that one is pretty good. Detroit was super cranky last time I went through which was Christmas 2013.

What kind of bird do you have?? I am bringing a cockatiel across and have done all of the research for him, if you have any questions feel free to ask me! I will let you know now that you can only cross at certain border POEs, i.e. it's a no-go with the Peace Bridge, you have to go through Lewiston as they have a vet (who you have to call ahead to make sure he'll be there) and you can only go between M-F!

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Most people from this thread have waited longer than 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. it's been READY all the time or it has been ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING and then changed to READY?

Thank you for stating that it might take this long, it is giving me some type of hope. My interview was on aug 12th and was approved and was told I will receive my passport with the visa within 2 to 3 weeks. But I been on ap every since my interview, and people who were interviewed with me already gotten back their passport so I guess I should be patient there is a chance I will hear from them soon.

Timeline

...and its going on five weeks now. :(

"PriyaB" how are you doing? I actually meant to check in with you guys today. So sorry that you are still waiting.. Have you heard from MTL at all??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.