Captain Ewok

IR1 / CR1 General Guides and Info

151 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

As far as I know there is nothing y'all can do. She needs to go home. Make sure she doesnt get an overstay since that would be bad for y'alls process of the visa.

Make sure she is leaving in time. Maybe you can go and visit her or she can caóme back in a few months.

08/2006 met in GA, U.S.

05/2007 Antje had to go back to Germany

10/2009 got engaged in TN

12/31/2009 got married

1/7/2010 I-130 sent

1/9/2010 I-130 delivered

1/13/2010 check cashed

1/15/2010 NOA 1

3/18/2010 NOA 2

jA5hp1.png

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

My husband just told me he sent the I-130 petition today and now I'm reading about people checking ups.com? Did we already make a mistake by sending it via usps?

Oh my... :(

Edited by msd

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

Timeline

Was going to edit my post, but it's not possible.

I just saw, usps was fine, but he didn't request a delivery confirmation. Was that bad? Or are we now just going to not know when they recieve it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Was going to edit my post, but it's not possible.

I just saw, usps was fine, but he didn't request a delivery confirmation. Was that bad? Or are we now just going to not know when they recieve it?

It's best to mail it with delivery confirmation just so you can have some kind of peace of mind, but it's not a requirement. You will know for sure that they have received when they cash your check and/or send you the NOA1.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Thank you, Diana! That makes sense of course.

So when they cash the check, it will also mean they "approved" the petition and started working on it? Or are they still going to cash it if they deny?

Timeline
Thank you, Diana! That makes sense of course.

So when they cash the check, it will also mean they "approved" the petition and started working on it? Or are they still going to cash it if they deny?

No, the fee you paid with your petition covers all the work they have to do on it. So after they cash it, they start working on your petition and if all it's good, they'll approve it. If they're missing something they'll send you an RFE (Request for further evidence) and then work on it again after they receive what they asked you for and so forth.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

Oooh okay. So they won't send everything back if they are missing something. Because that would mean alot of time is lost if this is the case.

I think they might request an international birth certificate, even if the guide says it's not needed anymore. So I'm sending him one on monday. Hopefully, that's all that might be missing if even.

Thanks that helped alot!!

Timeline

I have a question regarding DS-230. In the WikiPage here it is stated that if my case is Appointment Post Processing, the additional documents (Police Certificate in particular) have to be translated. Now somebody told me they sent it to the NVC in german (native language of my country). I am confused now. Does this mean, the NVC only "gathers" the documents and forwards them to the embassy who will review them, or did I not understand something here? Do I need to have these documents translated after all?

That would mean Standard Proessing would have been much easier since I would have to bring the documents to the interview (only the german ones) instead of spending more money to get them translated.

Edited by msd

Timeline
I have a question regarding DS-230. In the WikiPage here it is stated that if my case is Appointment Post Processing, the additional documents (Police Certificate in particular) have to be translated. Now somebody told me they sent it to the NVC in german (native language of my country). I am confused now. Does this mean, the NVC only "gathers" the documents and forwards them to the embassy who will review them, or did I not understand something here? Do I need to have these documents translated after all?

That would mean Standard Proessing would have been much easier since I would have to bring the documents to the interview (only the german ones) instead of spending more money to get them translated.

The instructions in the Department of State site say that any document not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. So if you have them in the official language of the country you're having your interview, you don't need the translations.

Call the NVC to clarify though, because they may be requesting the translations even if the instructions on the DOS site state otherwise.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

My IR 1 case was completed on Dec. 2009 after 9 months, and I am waiting for Turkey embassy to set t he interview time. I cant wait more... Anyone knows how much does it takes?? :(

Your case must be on your embassy call to the NVC because normally takes one month after NVC close the case and send you by e-mail the date of your interview. :blush:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Begin by understanding what your visa options really are.

Click here to view the IR-1 / CR-1 Guide or check out the Guides Section for more helpful information on Spousal Visa's, as well as other visa types that apply depending on where you and your spouse currently reside.

Once you file you will have several options available to track your case.

As a note: This visa option is automatically applied for by K-3 applicants when they file the I-130 (part of the K-3 process). Historically the K-3 was used to allow the US Citizens spouse to enter the US faster than waiting for the I-130 to be approved (since that used to take a long time). Recent reductions in processing times have allowed I-130's to be approved quick enough that the IR1/CR1 visa process has been a quicker and better option for K-3 applicants. If this happens the K-3 applicant can abandon the K-3 route and persue the IR1/CR1 instead.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi my name is mary...........I filled spouse I-29 for my husband last year and he was denied a visa. the case was then sent back to the state. Now i received a letter that it has been reapproved and has been sent to the DOS. please do u know how long it will take for the case to be send back to Nigeria for second interview. thank you

Edited by maryet

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

On the G-235A, we listed my husband's residence from 11/2005 to present. Does anybody know it this will give an RFE, since that's not a full 5 year period??

The box was full and we miscalculated it...darn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.