Gary and Alla

Things you will not see (or hear) in the USA

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

where are you? I thought a tsunami no one noticed swept you of the Crimean penninsula. Where you been?

Sorry to hide myself away. It was the tsunami of time allowed in Ukraine that swept me off.

I was keeping up at RMP, but mostly just laying low for a spell. I'm in Maine right now waiting for that darned calendar to move the 180 day window into 2011 so I can go Home and tie the knot. I had a major snafu with my divorce doc Apostille thingie. Its fixed now, but we have to have enough time (I already have 65 days on the books for 2011) to go back to Kyiv for the short lived letter of Non impediment and still leave 30 days for the RAGS waiting period. So we're looking at mid June the way thongs are going.

Did you get my PM Gary?

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hide myself away. It was the tsunami of time allowed in Ukraine that swept me off.

I was keeping up at RMP, but mostly just laying low for a spell. I'm in Maine right now waiting for that darned calendar to move the 180 day window into 2011 so I can go Home and tie the knot. I had a major snafu with my divorce doc Apostille thingie. Its fixed now, but we have to have enough time (I already have 65 days on the books for 2011) to go back to Kyiv for the short lived letter of Non impediment and still leave 30 days for the RAGS waiting period. So we're looking at mid June the way thongs are going.

Did you get my PM Gary?

Grats on the upcoming marriage! FYI, you can get around the 30 days RAGS waiting period with an appropriate donation. At least that's what we did. We got the LoNITM letter, apostilled it, and got married a few days later.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline

Did you get my PM Gary?

I did not get the PM

One word for you..."Bribery"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Grats on the upcoming marriage! FYI, you can get around the 30 days RAGS waiting period with an appropriate donation. At least that's what we did. We got the LoNITM letter, apostilled it, and got married a few days later.

:thumbs:

As my wise father used to say ..."There ain't nothin' a man can't fix with $700 or a .30-06"

$100 will do it in Ukraine. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Timeline

All the misses had to say about school...was that she studied athletics at the university and when she was younger was the leader in the Pioneer club....for that she seemed very proud of herself.

I have some photos of Alla in her Young Pioneer uniform. One of these days I will have to scan them and post them. In one she is saltuing something at some kind of ceremony, just like a good little Bolshevik.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I did not get the PM

One word for you..."Bribery"

Ok, PM resent.

As for bri... er, GIFTING it may not be as easy as it once was with all the corruption probes and turn over of govt. officials. Too many new barons (not the 555 kind) that are still shy about taking money from just anybody right now.

And of course Crimea likes to do things a little differently too. They're autonomous after all and like to act like it.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Timeline

Ok, PM resent.

As for bri... er, GIFTING it may not be as easy as it once was with all the corruption probes and turn over of govt. officials. Too many new barons (not the 555 kind) that are still shy about taking money from just anybody right now.

And of course Crimea likes to do things a little differently too. They're autonomous after all and like to act like it.

I am finding it difficult to breathe. A reduction of bribery in Ukraine? <gasp>

Never did much business in Crimea so I cannot comment.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have some photos of Alla in her Young Pioneer uniform. One of these days I will have to scan them and post them. In one she is saltuing something at some kind of ceremony, just like a good little Bolshevik.

My Alla was the typical Southern Russian rebel and cut those classes and was always in trouble for it.

She admitted once that the reason she went blond was to avoid the constant police harassment when she moved to Moscow since she has Southern features.

Still haven't gotten her to the range but she is comfortable with the arsenal in the basement.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

the leader in the Pioneer club....for that she seemed very proud of herself.

My wife told me a story from her pioneer days. "Dedushka Lenin make us work za fields and all day so f'king hot and so many mosquito and we must work like papa karlo whis dirty potatoes. I not will be work like zis so I take my friend and we make baskets of potatoes, buy for one guy cheap vodka and he must give us ride to za flat. We bring for my mozer and for her mozer each couple baskets potatoes and not will be work anymore. My mozer so happy her daughter - only 10 years old! - bring for her potatoes."

My Alla was the typical Southern Russian rebel and cut those classes and was always in trouble for it.

Sounds like she'd get along well with my wife.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think being rebellious is a common trait for Russians. And Ukrainians.

My dad used to go to church with his friends just cause it was forbidden. And both of my parents used to wear "evil American" jeans to school, and that definitely caused troubles, cause they were supposed to wear their uniforms.

Anf it's the same for most Russians - when you tell them not to do something, they want to do it even more :)

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

My dad used to go to church with his friends just cause it was forbidden. And both of my parents used to wear "evil American" jeans to school, and that definitely caused troubles, cause they were supposed to wear their uniforms.

Anf it's the same for most Russians - when you tell them not to do something, they want to do it even more :)

And people say we're different.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Whatever you do...do NOT tell Alla she "can't" do something! She says they tried to "wash my brain and it did not work" :lol:

She also had to work in the fields and hated it. Ruined her manicure. She is the "princess" type and doesn't go for pulling up potatoes and onions. She said she was always far behind the others in the field and when they yelled at her she would cry and go slower. :lol:

She loves gardening as long as it does not invlove any digging, lifting, dirt, sweat, chemicals or smelly things. In other words, she waters the flowers and cuts flowers to put inside while wearing low heels a sun hat she looks real sexy in and a nice dress. Oh, and little cotton gloves to protect the manicure.

Gary And Alla

My wife told me a story from her pioneer days. "Dedushka Lenin make us work za fields and all day so f'king hot and so many mosquito and we must work like papa karlo whis dirty potatoes. I not will be work like zis so I take my friend and we make baskets of potatoes, buy for one guy cheap vodka and he must give us ride to za flat. We bring for my mozer and for her mozer each couple baskets potatoes and not will be work anymore. My mozer so happy her daughter - only 10 years old! - bring for her potatoes."

LMAO! 10 years old and already knew how the game's played. :lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My Alla remembers eating nothing but macaroni and potatoes...and she had to help the family on the fields digging potatoes.

Now she loves all the aspects of gardening including getting her hands dirty; because it's for her beautiful flowers and delicious vegetables and fruits.

I really love this woman!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.