Lais Oliveira

Need help with a very delicate case

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone!

My name is Lais and I need some advices or any help is more than welcome!

My case is I went to us as an aupair in June 2008, meet my fiance in 2009. I used to live with a family next to his house but had to move to another state. I didnt get used to the new routine plus i was pretty far from him and we had to either drive or take a 6 hours ride every weekend to see each other so i tried to find a family in his state again but didnt find one so my aupair company decided to send me back to brazil. I just had started my second year there so i thought it wouldnt be a problem if i stayed there. So my fiance and I were living at his parents house for 10 months, I didnt know about the 180 days rule or whatever it calls! The problem now is since i had j1 visa i thought i had the 2 year rule residence but apperently aupair visa is not under that rule I came back because i thought i had that and i spoke to a lawyer here and i was adviced to come back and get my situation clean here in my country. So i came back started the waiver process ( to break the 2 year rule) then my lawyer saw that i didnt have that on my visa. So i decided to start my k1 visa process went through all that waiting game, got my noa2 in january and now getting ready for the interview in April. Ok my problem is I spoke to my lawyer and we spoke to the aupair company and they said at first ( and even gave me a letter) that I was in the program from June 2009 (which is wrong) till Oct 2009 then i spoke to them again and they send me the right dates (email this time) which are from june 8th 2008 till july 9th 2009. Then my lawyer decided to fill everything out from june 2008 till oct 2009 which is a lie. So today i spoke to the lawyer again and she said she cant change the forms since on my first form was that wrong... So i have no idea what to do! I cant stop crying im sooo nervous about it! and she said if she changes it ill have to go through the waiver and thats more 6months of waiting and 5 more thousand which i dont have. So if anyone went through the same situation or know a person please help me i dont know what to do either my fiance!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.