monyfer

Seriously starting to lose hope now....

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I totally understand what you are going thought my NOA1 was on the 1st of Oct and we still don’t have any answers, my fiancé also called his senator and we have the same answer, the only difference is that we have to wait until the 29th of April to make a request.

This is very very difficult and at one point I really want to give up, but then I imagine my life without Craig and that future was worse than my current present... and in a way it gave me more strength to keep me going.

Next Tuesday will be my 6 months waiting and I am really hoping to get some news soon, there are a lot of ppl that are getting approved on 180, 182, 185 days so I am really praying that I will be one of those cases.

Just hang in there try to find some other projects to keep your mind off this process, just think about the future imagine that moment at the airport when you get to see her again, my fiancé and I talk about how our days are going to be once we get together and that really makes me feel better.

XOXO

ticker_designer.php

I totally understand what you are going thought my NOA1 was on the 1st of Oct and we still don’t have any answers, my fiancé also called his senator and we have the same answer, the only difference is that we have to wait until the 29th of April to make a request.

This is very very difficult and at one point I really want to give up, but then I imagine my life without Craig and that future was worse than my current present... and in a way it gave me more strength to keep me going.

Next Tuesday will be my 6 months waiting and I am really hoping to get some news soon, there are a lot of ppl that are getting approved on 180, 182, 185 days so I am really praying that I will be one of those cases.

Just hang in there try to find some other projects to keep your mind off this process, just think about the future imagine that moment at the airport when you get to see her again, my fiancé and I talk about how our days are going to be once we get together and that really makes me feel better.

XOXO

ticker_designer.php

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm joining you all guys! We've almost reached our 6 months mark and I'm seriously frustrated:( My Fiance is holding on fine but I seemed to have an opposite perspective. It's a relief to know that there are people like me who consider 6 month mark as something very unusual. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything about it and My Fiance still thinks that the situation is usual:( I feel better knowing that you all share my concerns and I'm not alone!

I wish you all the SOONEST NOA2s!

as1cCnT-O6k0610MDAwMTY2Nmx8MDAwMTM5OGx8V2VcJ3JlIHRvZ2V0aGVyIGZvcg.gif

05-31-2007: Met online, but then stopped correspondence.

08-20-2007: Met online again and realized that we, in fact, liked each other a lot.

01-19-2008: Rob visited me in Ukraine for 2 wonderful weeks and we fell in Love.

07-12-2008: I visited Rob in Austin, TX for 2 even more wonderful weeks.

09-18-2009: I visited Rob in Austin, TX for 3 weeks. He proposed to me at the airport on my way back home.

09-18-2010: I came to Austin to spend 3 month together.

09-30-2010: Sent our I129F.

10-03-2010: NOA1 paper copy received.

04-08-2011: NOA2 finally received!

04-22-2011: NVC left.

04-26-2011: Kiev Consulate received.

05-05-2011: Packet #3 received.

06-17-2011: Medical.

07-28-2011: US Embassy Kiev Interview - approved!

10-14-2011: POE JFK - no worries, everything was quick and painless.

12-06-2011: Wedding in Las Vegas.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are a day past six months...hang on our NOA2's are coming!

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

yeah well we are over 6 months :D so yeah... we are done ha ha ha 6 months and 2 days... we are not outside of the time frame... thats what they tell us.... it should be on 30th as i remember but than yeah.... just another service request.... so we are meeting up :) But I do believe it will end.... ONE DAY! lol

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean

event.png

This indeed is a very tough road and circumstance to endure. My fiancée then, wife now, had been approved for a K-1 rather quickly, but then got held up in the medical process for an additional (3) months! The daily WEB exchanges were our prescription for love pain for many months. That along with faith in Him would be the foundation to eventually deliver us. Hang in there and hold on tightly. My God Bless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just saw you are a VSC... As you know they have a forum that you started:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/277522-october-2010-k1-filers/

I looked into it and apparently VSC before you are still waiting!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/298652-september-vsc-i-129-filers-unite/

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I agree with Kevin. Just be more patient. It is really frustrating. Be strong.

Check this link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/301633-noa2-after-9-months/

They actually waited for nine months. It is a freaking long wait.

One of my friends is at Ten months since NOA1 and they have been told it will take another 180 days to complete the background checks. I can sympathize with the emotional roller coaster. I think all of us went through the same process where we logged on daily to check, then a couple times a week then began to give up hope, but the process at USCIS does end and usually unexpectedly. You will hear nothing for months and then out of the blue, your package is completed and you're on to the next step. Hang in there and keep your eye on the end of the road.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi I know what your going through. My wife and have been on a real rough road ourselves. It's not easy. I kept calling the NVC supposed to fly through them. LOL they didn't even look at our case for 3 months. Just found out they had some 3 more things we needed. So another 3 week delay for them to look at that email. It's moving at a snails pace. I knew it was supposed to take a year by the time their done it will be almost a 1.5yrs. That is totally outrageous. Not only that it's very costly too. I would start calling the USCIS at the 6 month and 1 day mark. Good luck this is not an easy process. I have seen other people get there interview in 3 months. Not the norm, but very lucky.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

You guys, this process is driving me crazy. The past couple weeks have really gotten to me. As we have surpassed five months and inched closer to six, it really feels like there is NO end in sight.

When I filed back in October, approvals were coming after about 2-3 months. That didn't seem too long to me. As the months passed, I noticed other filers were being approved in four months! Some even as long as five - five being the absolute MAX. Now, as people's timelines inch closer to six and seven months, I never know when it is going to end. When is it going to be my turn? There are easily still a hundred before me on VJ alone. VSC appears to only be approving 1-2 VJ'ers on any given day - I know that is a small percentage of totals, but at that rate, it will be another two months before I seee any action.

I've called my Senator. The aide has tried contacting VSC. They finally got a response stating that if my case isn't approved by April 5, they will put in an expedition request. But then what? Another thirty days after that?

I called NCSC and put in a service request. When I e-mail customer service to ask about the status of it, they tell me the same thing - wait until April 5. Then you will be REALLY considered outside normal processing time (at six months!) and we can start to think about processing you.

I used to excitedly log on to the USCIS website every day to check my status, multiple times. Now, I rarely go on - it's such a disappointment to see that nothing has changed.

I never, ever thought it would take this long. I thought maybe I would even be a lucky one who got approved in four months! But as the processing times continue to expand and nothing continues to be done about it, my hope is all but gone. I'm depressed, sad. When people ask me when my fiance is coming, all I can do is sigh and say I don't know. All the happiness has been sucked out of my engagement. Isn't engagement supposed to be a happy time? Shopping for china patterns, celebrating this happy time with family and friends. It is not supposed to be a time for sadness, stress, depression, and being thousands of miles apart.

I know many of us are in this same situation. I just had to vent. I am sick of feeling so powerless and hopeless.

Best wishes to all.

Don't give up just yet! We received our approval after 7 months. My fiance is from Mexico also and I know how you feel especially with all the violence there right now. Just keep waiting it will come for sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

be strong soon you guys gonna be together and happy :) keep your self busy that helps dont to think much about it :)

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I totally understand and agree with this post. I am at the six month point and feel like I should have had my fiance here by now. Nobody deserves this waiting and guessing game. The bureaucracy is just frustrating.

On a happier note, I was able to get them to give me an expedite request yesterday, first through the USCIS Call Center which is supposed to get me a response within a week. I was unsatisfied with another week of waiting and called my congressman again. He said he called the VSC and got an expedite put in and I should hear something by Monday! I was pleased with that and hope it's right! Good luck to all, just keep calling all you can!

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

We have the same timeline, I sent an e-mail to the Senator John Cornyn two weeks ago, and yesterday I got a letter from him, that in order for him to help me I needed to fill out a form giving him authorization, yesterday I fax him the authorization letter and all I can do right now is pray and have hope that he will help me

Just thought I would let you know, I have used both Texas Senators and Senator Hutchison has been reasonably easier to get answers from. You actually will be able to talk to your case worker and will get info quicker through her. Good luck!

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

I am in the same boat filed July 2010 just had medical today now getting ready for the Interview then thats it we can plan the move and that is nearly a year. The wait is great however in patience you will see the results were worth it... Have faith and be strong and be positve for you and your partner love is patient and kind and it will suffer long however it is worth it.... (L)

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You guys, this process is driving me crazy. The past couple weeks have really gotten to me. As we have surpassed five months and inched closer to six, it really feels like there is NO end in sight.

When I filed back in October, approvals were coming after about 2-3 months. That didn't seem too long to me. As the months passed, I noticed other filers were being approved in four months! Some even as long as five - five being the absolute MAX. Now, as people's timelines inch closer to six and seven months, I never know when it is going to end. When is it going to be my turn? There are easily still a hundred before me on VJ alone. VSC appears to only be approving 1-2 VJ'ers on any given day - I know that is a small percentage of totals, but at that rate, it will be another two months before I seee any action.

I've called my Senator. The aide has tried contacting VSC. They finally got a response stating that if my case isn't approved by April 5, they will put in an expedition request. But then what? Another thirty days after that?

I called NCSC and put in a service request. When I e-mail customer service to ask about the status of it, they tell me the same thing - wait until April 5. Then you will be REALLY considered outside normal processing time (at six months!) and we can start to think about processing you.

I used to excitedly log on to the USCIS website every day to check my status, multiple times. Now, I rarely go on - it's such a disappointment to see that nothing has changed.

I never, ever thought it would take this long. I thought maybe I would even be a lucky one who got approved in four months! But as the processing times continue to expand and nothing continues to be done about it, my hope is all but gone. I'm depressed, sad. When people ask me when my fiance is coming, all I can do is sigh and say I don't know. All the happiness has been sucked out of my engagement. Isn't engagement supposed to be a happy time? Shopping for china patterns, celebrating this happy time with family and friends. It is not supposed to be a time for sadness, stress, depression, and being thousands of miles apart.

I know many of us are in this same situation. I just had to vent. I am sick of feeling so powerless and hopeless.

Best wishes to all.

I can relate how you feel, ughh i didnt check our status online too like i used before,the excitement is over, the excitement of waiting the NOA2 is over

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the support, all. I know I need to try to sit tight for another two weeks or so, and then maybe there will be some hope. It is crushing to see so many 6+ monthers around, though. Seriously? And CSC continues to churn out the NOA2s like crazy. No VJ VSC approvals today? And CSC had multiple. They are 50% done with October and into November. VSC can barely get through September. Why can't they send some of our petitions over there to even out the distribution?

SOO annoyed..

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.