kenshaq

one meeting..is it enough proof?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone!! just wanted to know if one meeting of you and your fiance is enough proof or evidence? my fiance just visited me last month for 11 days. but he's not sure if he can visit me again before my interview because of his work..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

The more the better of course, but that doesn't mean they will deny your petition.

How long have you been knowing each other for? Do you have enough proof to show your relationship during that time?

11 days are not a long time, and that MAY cause some problems. I would suggest him to visit you once again if he can, or maybe you can go visit him :)

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Nov 21 '09 - We found each other. ABIG was born

Jan 08 '10 - AB proposed to IG. Happiest Yes ever.

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 12 '11 - NVC received

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Sep 7 '11 - VISA AND HOLY PACKAGE IN HAND <3

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

hi everyone!! just wanted to know if one meeting of you and your fiance is enough proof or evidence? my fiance just visited me last month for 11 days. but he's not sure if he can visit me again before my interview because of his work..

Your good

Compared to some on this board I would consider that a long term relationship

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

The more the better of course, but that doesn't mean they will deny your petition.

How long have you been knowing each other for? Do you have enough proof to show your relationship during that time?

11 days are not a long time, and that MAY cause some problems. I would suggest him to visit you once again if he can, or maybe you can go visit him :)

That Great Advice

Funny how people who don't about Philippines or policies in Philippines want to post on this topic.

ABIG, there is no chance she will be able to go to America and visit, it don't work that way. I compare Philippines to Russia back in Cold War days, you are not getting out unless you can escape.

Please do some research before coming in here and leading these people in a wrong direction with mis-information

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your good

Compared to some on this board I would consider that a long term relationship

i fail to see how that answers the question posed by that member. furthermore, this post is may well be viewed as insulting to other members of this regional due to that last line.

you know the routine by now - cease with posts like the above or your ability to post here will be curtailed.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i fail to see how that answers the question posed by that member. furthermore, this post is may well be viewed as insulting to other members of this regional due to that last line.

you know the routine by now - cease with posts like the above or your ability to post here will be curtailed.

Simmer Down

Let's not take all the fun out of the Philippines Section, I will try to post answers that are not seen as "Insulting to others members" but Good Lord don't take the bite out of the dog, maybe just put him in the cage for a little while :innocent:

It's all good.................

Timeline

that would not be a problem but the more visit the more chances of visa approve.. just make sure that you have a constant communication and you have lots as in lots of pics together...

i hope it helps :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

as much as he wanted come and visit but we all knew that it wasn't easy for them to get a time off from work. we had a lot of pictures together and with my family and we always talk on skype so i can use that also as a proof:)

thank you for the reply:) how many visits does you and your fiance had?

My story is little different than most on this board. A relative of mine was having a house built in near Davao and he wanted me to go with him to check out Philippines and he had asked me many times over the last 5 years but I really had no desire to go to Philippines.

He finally talked me into it and I was at a Jollibee chiling out and enjoying some Air Con when my future wife walked in and that how we meet, turned out she still had over a year and half to finish her nursing school, So I courted her for almost 18 months and made 3 visits there. It gave me plenty of time to research what was needed for K1 Visa

But I know many people who have only meet for one time (which seems very standard) and then the Visa Application is sent in and they have no problems.

To be truthful it is very difficult to get denied a Visa from USEM, they are pretty easy to get.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
as much as he wanted come and visit but we all knew that it wasn't easy for them to get a time off from work. we had a lot of pictures together and with my family and we always talk on skype so i can use that also as a proof:)

Number of visits, length of relationship etc are all very consulate/country specific.

In the Philippines maintaining consistent communications despite the separation is the biggie.

While not a K-1 our case had a few things other countries would consider red flags:

• We met online Oct 8/9 2008
  • First meeting in person was Jan 16 2009
  • We married on Jan 20 2009
  • I filed the I-130 On April 20 2009

Only 1 meeting in person and we got married right away!

We had no problems with the process, she landed in Chicago on Nov 25 2009!

During the whole time we maintained daily contact. She carried proof of this with her to her interview. they never even questioned it.

I have heard of the COs in Manila asking for proof of communication but unless there is something fishy about the documents presented they generally ask very few questions.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

The 1 visit is sufficient and is all that is required..(required to have met in person within 2 years of petition submission date).

(but) The more visits the better.

You want to avoid additional and unecessary scrutiny. This can delay your process and visa approval and / or..worst case scenario..get you denied.

(if) there is only going to be 1 visit...then a very good suggestion...

Start researching evidence of ongoing relationship threads and start building your evidence packet.

Think of everything you and your fiancee do as possible relationship proof and keep it.

Good Luck!

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

My story is little different than most on this board. A relative of mine was having a house built in near Davao and he wanted me to go with him to check out Philippines and he had asked me many times over the last 5 years but I really had no desire to go to Philippines.

He finally talked me into it and I was at a Jollibee chiling out and enjoying some Air Con when my future wife walked in and that how we meet, turned out she still had over a year and half to finish her nursing school, So I courted her for almost 18 months and made 3 visits there. It gave me plenty of time to research what was needed for K1 Visa

But I know many people who have only meet for one time (which seems very standard) and then the Visa Application is sent in and they have no problems.

To be truthful it is very difficult to get denied a Visa from USEM, they are pretty easy to get.

aww B-) that's a nice story. it's really amazing how two people meet and fall inlove eventhough how far they are from each other. i met my fiance on a dating site and i know that God gave him to me.

Timeline

Number of visits, length of relationship etc are all very consulate/country specific.

In the Philippines maintaining consistent communications despite the separation is the biggie.

While not a K-1 our case had a few things other countries would consider red flags:

• We met online Oct 8/9 2008
  • First meeting in person was Jan 16 2009
  • We married on Jan 20 2009
  • I filed the I-130 On April 20 2009

Only 1 meeting in person and we got married right away!

We had no problems with the process, she landed in Chicago on Nov 25 2009!

During the whole time we maintained daily contact. She carried proof of this with her to her interview. they never even questioned it.

I have heard of the COs in Manila asking for proof of communication but unless there is something fishy about the documents presented they generally ask very few questions.

that's interesting:) we are starting to gather everything as a proof now eventho we're still waiting for long but the early the better :thumbs:

aww B-) that's a nice story. it's really amazing how two people meet and fall inlove eventhough how far they are from each other. i met my fiance on a dating site and i know that God gave him to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.