Romabell

Visitors Visa & Working Illegaly

130 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would e mail ICE and cc them.

Provide all the details including where they are working and your address. If you have the Employers details include them on the cc.

That should move them pretty quick.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You just dont know if they are waiting their Priority Date of their petition and still they are eligible to adjust their status check section of 245i.

Does not matter they cannot work on the Tourist Visa plain and simple.

The day he starte working, his existing visa got cancelled.

common people don't be sarcastic give them a chance to settle their immigration problem, why did you get married to a US citizen just to settle your immigration status here in the United states even though you are not 100 percent sure that your spouse loves you,common look back where you came from people...everybody is accountable through their own actions.

You just dont know if they are waiting their Priority Date of their petition and still they are eligible to adjust their status check section of 245i.

I think you should read the thread before commenting on it.

Also, I think you should think before you post your comments.

Thank you.

You're never beaten until you admit it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What petition?

What has 245i got to do with people who entered a few months ago?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Illegals come to the USA and drop an anchor baby so they can stay here. It is a common occurrence. The baby is a US citizen by birth and the US government will not make the mother leave the country. I am not sure about the father.

At least they were legal when they came. Many are illegal when they come into the USA.

Just tell them they are no longer welcome. You are not obligated to keep them in your home.

Good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

They are not eligible under 245i and they have no petition pending. The only US relative the have is a newborn child. And yes they will deport the mother but not the baby. It will then be the mother's decision as to where the baby lives, in the US without her or in another country.

Turn off the utilities, find somewhere else to live for a week or two, and CALL ICE. The combination of intent to live here illegally, unpaid medical bills, illegally working, and criminal trespass should be enough to have them investigated,.

Filed: Timeline

I do not want them to live at my place anymore since they are not going leave the USA any time soon.

At first they came as a tourists and said they would stay just a month. Then they started looking for hospital where she can deliver the baby.

Then one day he said he found a job. They started talking about staying here illigally if they can't get a visa extention. This is when I asked

them to find another place and leave my home. And taht was the beginning of my nightmare. All of a sudden they stopped acting as "friends".

They became rude and demanding. In my try to make them go I turned the temperature in the house down to 67 degrees. Guess what?

They called police and complained that the temperature is not enough for their baby. The police officer ordered me to put the heat up.

Unbelievavble, right?

I do not want this people in my house. I want them out. And I do not know what to do to get my life back to the normal. I am so sorry I ever

considered them a friends. It is obvious that they had a plan to stay here. They misleadingly obtained a tourist visa and they knew they

will do anything to stay here forever.

I am mad, very mad with myself, that I sheltered them and gave them all the possible assistance to make them feel comfortable while here.

They did misuse my hopspitality.

Call ICE. Report that the husband is working illegally on a tourist visa. After an investigation, they will be deported.

There maybe very little you can do to legally remove them from your home. Depending on the local laws where you live, they may have legal rights which will prevent you from kicking them out. You may need to consult with an attorney to legally evict them from your home.

Timeline

Illegals come to the USA and drop an anchor baby so they can stay here. It is a common occurrence. The baby is a US citizen by birth and the US government will not make the mother leave the country. I am not sure about the father.

At least they were legal when they came. Many are illegal when they come into the USA.

Just tell them they are no longer welcome. You are not obligated to keep them in your home.

Good luck

That is not true that they would not send the mother back. In this case baby is just born and is not like attending any school or college where it is going to disrupte his daily activities or he going to lose his friends and mentally tormented.

If ICE does its job right then all 3 can be deported with no problem.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Most airline companies appreciate you telling them about pregnancy. Furthermore, some airlines will have you sign a document if you're 8 weeks or less from giving birth. At POE it IS their business if you plan on giving birth and not being able to pay.

I know it's not illegal to give birth in other countries but in combination with your info it raises more questions of their real intensions. The pregnancy along with working illegally, the bills and extension of visa seem like misrepresentation. You tried to help them - now it's time to think about your own status as a LAWFUL resident.

It's not going to hurt you calling ICE. In fact, if you experience difficulties with this couple later on atleast you did your best.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Timeline

Good luck

Wow! Where in the world did you get that information? Please provide me a link if you have one because I know plenty of mothers who were deported with their US born child/ren after facing an Immigration Judge.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

These people came on a tourist visa, they didn't enter the US illegally, children born from illegal immigrants and from parents that entered with a visa is two different issue.

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Nope same thing, any person born on US soil is automatically a US citizen, it doesn't matter how the mother arrived in the US. I have heard and read about mothers swimming the Rio Grande while in labor so their child will be a US citizen.

They need to be reported and deported. Our economy is bad enough without having to support people who decide to live here illegally.

Timeline

Yep more and more such cases are happening and there was some talk about change in the law were going on but I don’t think the bill has made any progress.

Just like England, US needs to stop giving citizenship to children born to illegal immigrants.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.