MochiKamo

Tokyo US Embassy information here

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

We are currently going through the post NOA2 activity and plan to schedule an appointment for the interview as soon as possible. It looks like currently that date will be on April at the earliest due to emergency services having priority at the moment.

My fiancee did her medical checkup yesterday and we will continue with the other parts of the application. I will post any information about the US Embassy here as we go through the process.

If anyone else is dealing with the Tokyo US Embassy please feel free to share your experiences. Thanks! :)

Sorry, I can't help you because I'm not going through any Japanese embassies, but I wanted to wish you luck! I'm keeping tabs on your progress, and I hope it goes quickly! Keep us posted! :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

I see that the cases at USEM in Tokyo are on hold now due to the nuclear crisis... does that mean we won't be able to schedule an interview at this moment? I hope they can get back to the normal operation soon... :unsure:

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Timeline

Sorry, I can't help you because I'm not going through any Japanese embassies, but I wanted to wish you luck! I'm keeping tabs on your progress, and I hope it goes quickly! Keep us posted! :)

Thank you! :)

Timeline

I see that the cases at USEM in Tokyo are on hold now due to the nuclear crisis... does that mean we won't be able to schedule an interview at this moment? I hope they can get back to the normal operation soon... :unsure:

Unfortunately yes, we can't schedule an interview at this moment. The Embassy website alludes to April being the earliest interview opportunity. I hope they get back to normal operation soon too! :unsure:

Timeline

Some of the embassies has moved to south or closed down, the news says.

USEM in Tokyo seems to be staying in Tokyo for now, as long as I see on the net.

CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/23/japan.nuclear.embassies/index.html

Sankei news

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/affairs/news/110323/dst11032318270045-n1.htm

Fingers crossed...

neko

Timeline

Unfortunately yes, we can't schedule an interview at this moment. The Embassy website alludes to April being the earliest interview opportunity. I hope they get back to normal operation soon too! :unsure:

Have you read the important notice update on their website today yet?:D

Looks like they are resuming their operation now. Yay!!

neko

Timeline

Have you read the important notice update on their website today yet?:D

Looks like they are resuming their operation now. Yay!!

Yeah, I could not believe it, I was actually expecting April at the earliest! We were kind of taking it easy there for a bit, so now we have to rush and finish all the forms. :lol: I'm almost done with them all but I need some info from her to be able to finish them. We are now waiting for our petition to go from NVC to Tokyo!

I hope to go to Tokyo in the middle of April ! Almost there!! :blush:

Timeline

Yeah, I could not believe it, I was actually expecting April at the earliest! We were kind of taking it easy there for a bit, so now we have to rush and finish all the forms. :lol: I'm almost done with them all but I need some info from her to be able to finish them. We are now waiting for our petition to go from NVC to Tokyo!

I hope to go to Tokyo in the middle of April ! Almost there!! :blush:

Are you attending the interview with her? That's sweet! :luv:

neko

hi Yagisama,

sorry off-topic, hope you don't mind me asking, but where did your fiancee took her medical exam? thanks in advance

event.png

Visa

=======================================
02.11.2011 ~ sent K1 visa application
02.16.2011 ~ NOA1
03.21.2011 ~ NOA2
04.13.2011 ~ Packet 3 received
05.16.2011 ~ Interview (approved)
05.21.2011 ~ visa received

AOS
10.13.2011 ~ sent AOS application
10.21.2011 ~ NOA
11.14.2011 ~ biometrics appointment (AOS & EAD)
01.06.2012 ~ received EAD/AP combo card (has expiration date error)
04.27.2012 ~ GC production

ROC

02.26.2014 ~ sent ROC application

03.06.2014 ~ NOA (USCIS CSC)

03.27.2014 ~ biometrics appointment

06.20.2014 ~ GC production

N-400

02.03.2015 ~ sent N-400 application

02.10.2015 ~ NOA

03.27.2015 ~ In Line notification

03.30.2015 ~ Interview text notification

05.04.2015 ~ Interview: APPROVED!

05.15.2015 ~ 'MURICAN!

Timeline

Are you attending the interview with her? That's sweet! :luv:

Well, that's always been our plan! :) But it depends on how fast we can schedule the interview. I'm scheduled to do some traveling for work and I'm hoping that doesn't get in the way. :(

When did you schedule the interview? I wonder if I can schedule the interview now?

hi Yagisama,

sorry off-topic, hope you don't mind me asking, but where did your fiancee took her medical exam? thanks in advance

I believe it was at Seibo International Catholic Hospital.

Timeline

Well, that's always been our plan! :) But it depends on how fast we can schedule the interview. I'm scheduled to do some traveling for work and I'm hoping that doesn't get in the way. :(

When did you schedule the interview? I wonder if I can schedule the interview now?

I got my packet 3 yesterday, and I made a reservation early this morning :star:

The website is confusing enough for me to get lost and I found two pages to schedule an interview (weird!), and I gave it a try and made one on the 20th, but then later today I got a visa appointment letter from the embassy that states my interview was rescheduled on 18th (even more weird!!) at 8:30... I am going to call DOS tonight just to make sure that I don't have two reservations, but when I tried to cancel the one on the 20th, it was no longer in their system, so I guess they canceled it for me...? It will be wonderful if your fiancee's interview is on 18th too, so that I can be less nervous than I will be, alone... haha

hey by the way, can you possibly fly to Japan? I think I saw some travel warnings for visitors from overseas... :wacko:

neko

Timeline

Well, they only offer interviews on Mondays, so 4/18 would be it. That's the date I'm trying to get too! I have to travel for work in May so I need a miracle to schedule the interview sometime in April !! :blush:

And no travel warning can keep this wild yagi away from my sweetie!!! :lol:

Timeline

Well, they only offer interviews on Mondays, so 4/18 would be it. That's the date I'm trying to get too! I have to travel for work in May so I need a miracle to schedule the interview sometime in April !! :blush:

:dance: Yeah!! Go Yagi, go!!

Wishing you a miracle! :star: :star:

I called DOS last night and the lady I talked to was able to see the log of the consulate sending me out the appointment letter I received and she said I will be fine... even though I submitted DS-160 (the wrong one) and I had made another appointment before receiving the letter. She said the embassy will ignore my form DS-160, but I am still kind of anxious... fingers crossed :blush:

neko

Yagisama and Neko,

I just got an email from Delta and this link My link. You cannot fly to Tokyo-Haneda (HND) but you can fly to Tokyo-Narita (NRT). Not sure which airport you will be flying into. I have a layover at Narita in just over a week. I am in the same boat as Yagisama and no travel warning is going to stop me from seeing my sweetie. Good luck with your interviews, I'll be thinking about you guys because the 18th is when I fly back home.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.