compass1234

Possible VWP problems

18 posts in this topic

I came over for 60 days in Octobr. I went back for a month over Christmas but was put in 'the room' on my return. I was honest (hopeless liar, especially in the early hours of the morning after 9 hour flight) and told them I was here to visit my boyfriend and that we planned to marry eventually. I had a return flight booked and no intention of overstaying. The experience in the room was not a pleasant one but they were fine with me. They let me in but made it very clear that I was regarded as an 'intending immigrant' and as such would not] be allowed in again on the VWP.

So now we are married and starting the CR1 process. My husband is an LPR and going through naturalisation. We hope that his interview is imminent but we aren't sure whether it is better to wait for that process to complete or file the I130 now and then upgrade once he gets his citizenship.

01/27/2011 - Trevor's N400 submitted
02/18/2011 - Married
04/02/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received - priority date 03/30/2011
07/08/2011 - Trevor is now a USC - called USCIS to request upgrade of the petition.
08/02/2011 - NOA2
09/08/2011 - LND case number received, medical booked
09/26/2011 - Case complete at NVC
09/30/2011 - Interview date assigned
11/08/2011 - Interview - approved!!
11/10/2011 - Visa in hand
12/04/2011 - POE in Atlanta
12/12/2011 - SSN number received in mail
12/12/2011 - Welcome notice received
01/06/2012 - Green card received
09/06/2013 - File for Removal of Conditions
10/01/2013 - Biometrics for ROC
02/03/2014 - Card production email received

02/17/2014 - 2nd card production email received

02/28/2014 - 10 year Green card received

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

There is always a chance - no matter how small - that you might be denied entry on VWP after filing for K1. However, many people have entered multiple times successfully throughout the process. My husband visited 3 or 4 times during the K1 process with no problems. Be honest, show proof of ties to the UK, and don't overstay (hey, that rhymes).

Check out the British forum that Rebecca suggested. They can answer your country-specific questions better. Good luck!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

With what everyone else has said here you should not have an issue as your visits are work related and you get to include seeing your fiancee while here. Lucky you lol But your USC fiancee will file a 129f petition to USCIS in order to get you a K1 visa to come here and marry. You don't do any of this she does. The K1 visa is granted to you in the UK if the petition is approved and if you are approved at interview in the UK. I really think you do not need a lawyer you can do this on your own it is not rocket science and will save you a packet unless of course money is no issue for you. You on one of your visits here can sit down and do the 129f form together with your fiancee and collect all evidence you need for petition. That makes things a lot easier.

You really need to do some reading and this is a great guide for you both.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

The CR1 as mentioned before is a spousal visa, so on one of your visits you chose to marry then you go back to the UK and she file petition for you CR1

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Maybe if you are concerned about all your visits you cut them back a little if you are in fear of being sent back but K1 petition wont affect your business trips. I visited here while mine was pending and stayed my 3 months no issue all the CBP guy said was have a great holiday

The more i look into it the more i understand, i really dont need a lawyer to do this. Everyone has been fantastic on VJ and it all seems pretty straight forward.

Has anyone ever been taken to a room for further questioning at the border? i fear i will be taken in with my lack of time in the UK! and im not sure what to expect or what documents i should be carrying on me

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.