11 posts in this topic

hello everybody,

we found out uesterday that my husband will deploy in december.He is in the National Guard.

We estimated that we`ll be ready to file AOS from K1 in may so should we just hope AOS process will be over before december or should we request an expedite?And if we decide to expedite, how do we do that?

We are looking for a little advice.Thank you!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hello everybody,

we found out uesterday that my husband will deploy in december.He is in the National Guard.

We estimated that we`ll be ready to file AOS from K1 in may so should we just hope AOS process will be over before december or should we request an expedite?And if we decide to expedite, how do we do that?

We are looking for a little advice.Thank you!

Many people ask us if there is a way to expedite their K1 Fiance Visa, or K3 Spousal Visa. Unfortunately, unless you are in the U.S. military it is not possible to expedite the process once your petition is mailed to the USCIS.

The best way to expedite your K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa is to prepare your petition completely, accurately and neatly. A complete petition will eliminate the need for the USCIS to send you an RFE (Request for Evidence). A neat petition will help the reviewer quickly process your application.

A major cause of delay for many people comes from using attorneys or other processors who rely on mailing papers back and forth and who use outdated manual processes for completing your forms. If you want to receive your approved K1 fiance visa or k3 spousal visa petition as fast as possible, only use a service that allows you to complete your petition online instantly, 24 hours a day.

If you are a member of the U.S. military, you can request a Military Expedite only if you have a pending deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). Here is how you do it:

• Prepare and mail your K1 fiance visa petition or K3 spousal visa petition and wait for the receipt notice, commonly referred to as the NOA1.
  • Fax the following items to the same Service Center you mailed your petition to. For K3 spousal visas, this is the service center you mailed the second part of your petition to (I-129F).
    • Fax cover letter that includes your full name, receipt number from your NOA1 and a return fax number.
    • NOA1
    • Your military orders
    • A letter, signed by you, explaining how the deployment will interfere with the immigration process. Write EXPEDITE REQUEST at the top of the letter.

Not all Military Expedite requests are approved. If your request is approved you will receive a reply by fax or phone (probably by fax) within 72 hours. If you don't receive a reply your request was denied.

The USCIS has a dedicated phone number for Military personnel. If you are in the military you should use this number to receive special handling. The number is 1-877-247-4645 or 1-877-CIS-4MIL.

If you are not a military member about to be deployed, you can still asked for expedited processing if you feel you have a valid reason. However, it is extremely unlikely that your request will be granted. If you want to give it a try, follow the link below for more information.

USCIS Expedite Criteria Vermont Service Center Fax Number: 801-527-4819

California Service Center Fax Number (Expedites Only): 949-389-3441

SOURCE: http://rapidvisa.com/rapidvisa_blog/post/2010/05/18/Expedited-K1-Visa-or-Expedited-K3-Visa.aspx

#######, just noticed you're married now....................

Many people ask us if there is a way to expedite their K1 Fiance Visa, or K3 Spousal Visa. Unfortunately, unless you are in the U.S. military it is not possible to expedite the process once your petition is mailed to the USCIS.

The best way to expedite your K1 Fiance Visa or K3 Spousal Visa is to prepare your petition completely, accurately and neatly. A complete petition will eliminate the need for the USCIS to send you an RFE (Request for Evidence). A neat petition will help the reviewer quickly process your application.

A major cause of delay for many people comes from using attorneys or other processors who rely on mailing papers back and forth and who use outdated manual processes for completing your forms. If you want to receive your approved K1 fiance visa or k3 spousal visa petition as fast as possible, only use a service that allows you to complete your petition online instantly, 24 hours a day.

If you are a member of the U.S. military, you can request a Military Expedite only if you have a pending deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) or Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF). Here is how you do it:

• Prepare and mail your K1 fiance visa petition or K3 spousal visa petition and wait for the receipt notice, commonly referred to as the NOA1.
  • Fax the following items to the same Service Center you mailed your petition to. For K3 spousal visas, this is the service center you mailed the second part of your petition to (I-129F).
    • Fax cover letter that includes your full name, receipt number from your NOA1 and a return fax number.
    • NOA1
    • Your military orders
    • A letter, signed by you, explaining how the deployment will interfere with the immigration process. Write EXPEDITE REQUEST at the top of the letter.

Not all Military Expedite requests are approved. If your request is approved you will receive a reply by fax or phone (probably by fax) within 72 hours. If you don't receive a reply your request was denied.

The USCIS has a dedicated phone number for Military personnel. If you are in the military you should use this number to receive special handling. The number is 1-877-247-4645 or 1-877-CIS-4MIL.

If you are not a military member about to be deployed, you can still asked for expedited processing if you feel you have a valid reason. However, it is extremely unlikely that your request will be granted. If you want to give it a try, follow the link below for more information.

USCIS Expedite Criteria Vermont Service Center Fax Number: 801-527-4819

California Service Center Fax Number (Expedites Only): 949-389-3441

SOURCE: http://rapidvisa.com/rapidvisa_blog/post/2010/05/18/Expedited-K1-Visa-or-Expedited-K3-Visa.aspx

#######, just noticed you're married now....................

:)))) yeah , said i was filing AOS from K! :)))

But thank you :)

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:)))) yeah , said i was filing AOS from K! :)))

But thank you :)

A close friend of mine expedited the AOS process due to upcoming military deployment. Call the USCIS military helpline and ask them to submit an expedite request on your behalf due to upcoming military deployment. They may ask you to support your request with a copy of your orders or a letter from your commanding officer. In the case of my friend, they didn't ask for anything. In the case of my friend the entire process was done in 2 months with GC on hand. I hope this helps. Good luck! Go Navy!:thumbs::dance:

K-1 TIMELINE11/03/2010 Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS VSC
11/15/2010 Received NOA1 in the mail
02/04/2011 Requested expediting of case for military deployment
02/11/2011 Expediting request approved
02/22/2011 Received expediting request approval letter in the mail
02/28/2011 NOA2 Document Received in the mail
02/28/2011 NVC received and case # assigned
03/01/2011 Case sent to Embassy
03/04/2011 Case received at the Embassy
03/09/2011 Embassy sent Packet 3 via mail (we did not wait for it, downloaded forms online)
03/15/2011 Sent Packet 3 to the Embassy
03/18/2011 Embassy received Packet 3 in the mail
03/28/2011 Received Packet 4 from Embassy
04/20/2011 Embassy Interview Date (APPROVED)
04/27/2011 POE JFK, NY
AOS/AE/AP TIMELINE
06/24/2011 Mailed the AOS/EA/AP
07/05/2011 Received NOA1's for the AP/AE/AOS dated 06/27/2011
07/08/2011 Received NOA for biometrics appointment
07/25/2011 Biometrics appointment
08/24/2011 Received AP/AE card in the mail
09/08/2011 AOS interview APPROVED
09/09/2011 Card in production
09/19/2011 Green card on hand!

I-130 TIMELINE - STEPDAUGHTER I-751 TIMELINE-WIFE

04/07/2013 Mailed I-130 petition 06/10/2013 Mailed I-751 petition

04/14/2013 Received NOA1 inthe mail 06/19/2013 Received NOA1 in mail

05/04/2013 Requested expediting due to military deployment %

A close friend of mine expedited the AOS process due to upcoming military deployment. Call the USCIS military helpline and ask them to submit an expedite request on your behalf due to upcoming military deployment. They may ask you to support your request with a copy of your orders or a letter from your commanding officer. In the case of my friend, they didn't ask for anything. In the case of my friend the entire process was done in 2 months with GC on hand. I hope this helps. Good luck! Go Navy!:thumbs::dance:

Oh , wow!Thank you so much!we will try!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Our situation was a little different (filed for CR1), but the initial process is the same. In the initial package to USCIS I sent in a request from myself requesting the expedite and a letter from my commander stating that I would be deploying. In the Reserves (and National Guard), you often don't get mobilization/deployment orders until much much closer to the date that you actually leave, especially considering that it's in the next fiscal year that he'll be leaving. So the letter from the commander should suffice - PM me if you want more details on what was written.

As soon as we got the NOA1, I called USCIS to request an expedite as well - you will probably have to do the same as soon as you have confirmation that your package was received. I called the normal #, not the military line, and they took all the information on the petitioner/beneficiary. Got a phone call about a week later requesting a copy of my military ID card to be faxed (so you might want to include that in your initial package too!). Received an email with the confirmation of service request to expedite the same day as my NOA2 approval (took about a week in the mail to get it hardcopy).

Keep in mind that you do NOT need to be deployed for only OIF (now NEW DAWN) or OEF - it can be any number of operations/missions - but it does need to be justified and is no certainty that an expedite will be approved.

Edited by tea4two

12 Nov 10: Married :)

USCIS - California Service Center

18 Nov 10: I-130 mailed

01 Dec 10: NOA 1 (text message & email)

06 Dec 10: NOA 1 (paper copy)

06 Dec 10: Called for service request to expedite - military deployment(s) of petitioner

09 Dec 10: Received USCIS phone call request for additional info

18 Dec 10: NOA 2 received dated 10 Dec 10 (paper copy - no email/website status update)

NVC

16 Dec 10: NVC received package

20 Dec 10: Called NVC for NVC case #, IIN & update email addresses

22 Dec 10: Received email with AOS/IV invoice

27 Dec 10: AOS/IV fees show as PAID

01 Feb 11: Mailed NVC AOS and IV package

09 Feb 11: NVC received AOS and IV package

16 Feb 11: RFE for military records of beneficiary

25 Feb 11: Emailed NVC with expedite request and RFE records

02 Mar 11: Email receipt of expedite request received

07 Mar 11: Email receipt of RFE documents received and under review

15 Mar 11: Called NVC, spoke to very nice operator. Told expedite request not logged in system. Re-emailed expedite request. Called congressman.

19 Mar 11: Sign in failed

21 Mar 11: NVC case complete

US Embassy - London

08 Feb 11: Medical complete at Knightsbridge

24 Mar 11: DHL package delivered

04 Apr 11: Embassy mailed instructions, rec'd 08 Apr 11

20 Apr 11: Interview - approved!

26 Apr 11: Courier package arrived

25 May 11: POE :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck with the AOS process!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Our situation was a little different (filed for CR1), but the initial process is the same. In the initial package to USCIS I sent in a request from myself requesting the expedite and a letter from my commander stating that I would be deploying. In the Reserves (and National Guard), you often don't get mobilization/deployment orders until much much closer to the date that you actually leave, especially considering that it's in the next fiscal year that he'll be leaving. So the letter from the commander should suffice - PM me if you want more details on what was written.

As soon as we got the NOA1, I called USCIS to request an expedite as well - you will probably have to do the same as soon as you have confirmation that your package was received. I called the normal #, not the military line, and they took all the information on the petitioner/beneficiary. Got a phone call about a week later requesting a copy of my military ID card to be faxed (so you might want to include that in your initial package too!). Received an email with the confirmation of service request to expedite the same day as my NOA2 approval (took about a week in the mail to get it hardcopy).

Keep in mind that you do NOT need to be deployed for only OIF (now NEW DAWN) or OEF - it can be any number of operations/missions - but it does need to be justified and is no certainty that an expedite will be approved.

Thank you!i`ll ask him to pm you when he gets ack frm work as he knows more about deployment than i do lol!

Also i`m woried that if we dont request expedite , they might schedule a interwiew when he`ll be away for that training prior to deployment (don`t really remember exacly how it`s called) wich will be in july probably.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry 'bout that...............need new glasses!!

lol it`s ok! :rofl:

Good luck with the AOS process!!!!

Thank you so much!

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Congrats!

I think 6-7 months (May-December) is plenty of time for AOS, but if you can get a letter from ur husband's commander that can help in an expedite...all the better :thumbs: . Good luck!

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Congrats!

I think 6-7 months (May-December) is plenty of time for AOS, but if you can get a letter from ur husband's commander that can help in an expedite...all the better :thumbs: . Good luck!

Thanks, i figured was enough, but he will go to some training for a while around july so that would be a bad time for an intewiew lol

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

03/31/2010 filed I129

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.