EllaC

How fast does NVC receive...

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Been waiting since 1st march..called today and they want proof of our NOA2 as they haven't received anything.

What do you mean they want proof of NOA2? Hasn't USCIS approved your petition? If so, they will forward it to the NVC sooner or later. NVC doesn't need anything from you when is comes to K-1 apps. I really hope you hear something soon!

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What do you mean they want proof of NOA2? Hasn't USCIS approved your petition? If so, they will forward it to the NVC sooner or later. NVC doesn't need anything from you when is comes to K-1 apps. I really hope you hear something soon!

USCIS approved the petition on 1st march..and yeah I am quite surprised at NVC's request. They gave my fiance an email address to which he is supposed to send a scanned copy of the letter he received from USCIS stating that they had approved the petition. I am quite disgusted by this procedure. When my fiance contacted USCIS today to ask them where the heck this petition is, one person said it can take 90 days to get to NVC and another person said we just have to wait and see what happens.

Our case has now been at the NVC for 13 days :(

Yeah. I just got my NVC case number and IIN today.

It was a long wait as well. I got an email of approval NOA2 March 4, March 11 the hardcopy and NVC received the case March 17.

Just keep calling them. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Those with IR1/CR1s or have fiance/fiancees from countries that are a problem/high fraud for the United States (Example: Most middle east countries, Nigeria etc) will usually spend more time at the NVC.

IR1/CR1 as the NVC has to process a lot more than just a case number and the problematic/high fraud K-1s for extended background checks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This evening we were checking the DHL website and saw a package that had been sent out from Boston at 6:06pm enroute to Cairo, Egypt. So we were talking saying could that be our file? I called and sure enough the operator told me our case was sent out today 3/24. That tip John gave on the Egypt Portal really works at DHL.com to track packages, So Happy it's on it's way :dance:

event.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our NOA2 was on March 28, I received the hard copy on April 1. I then called the NVC automatic system and it kept telling me that I either entered a wrong number or they haven't received it yet. I decided to speak to an operator on April 6th, he's really nice and told me our package was forwarded to the consulate on April 4th. I was so happy I didn't ask for anything else. I now received a letter from NVC dated April 5th saying that NVC has received our petition and it will be forwarded to the consulate within a week. Huh? So ... did they forward our petition on Apr 4th (as the operator told me) or maybe they received on Apr 4th and forwarded on Apr 6th or ... it's still at NVC? I called the automatic system again with my Frankfurt case number but it still doesn't recognize it. I will call NVC on Monday to check on our case status.

How many letters are we going to receive from NVC? Am I going to receive another letter after our petition was forwarded?

10/26/2010 - K1 package sent

10/29/2010 - NOA1

03/28/2011 - NOA2

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our NOA2 was on March 28, I received the hard copy on April 1. I then called the NVC automatic system and it kept telling me that I either entered a wrong number or they haven't received it yet. I decided to speak to an operator on April 6th, he's really nice and told me our package was forwarded to the consulate on April 4th. I was so happy I didn't ask for anything else. I now received a letter from NVC dated April 5th saying that NVC has received our petition and it will be forwarded to the consulate within a week. Huh? So ... did they forward our petition on Apr 4th (as the operator told me) or maybe they received on Apr 4th and forwarded on Apr 6th or ... it's still at NVC? I called the automatic system again with my Frankfurt case number but it still doesn't recognize it. I will call NVC on Monday to check on our case status.

How many letters are we going to receive from NVC? Am I going to receive another letter after our petition was forwarded?

Automated system doesnt work for K-1s. You need to speak to an operator. The letter says 1 week as that is the standard response like the "wait 60 days" when you call USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Automated system doesnt work for K-1s. You need to speak to an operator. The letter says 1 week as that is the standard response like the "wait 60 days" when you call USCIS.

Thank you

10/26/2010 - K1 package sent

10/29/2010 - NOA1

03/28/2011 - NOA2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Bangtam, If an operator told you that it was forwarded to the consulate on the 4th then it was forwarded. You will receive 1 letter from NVC letting you know it was forwarded .With your new case number you can call your consulate to see if it's arrived and if it's logged into their system yet. Good Luck

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.