prettyjan

Co-sponsor in Manila Embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone! Im a newbie here.. I'd like to ask for some info of you guys.. So here's my story. My fiance and I were waiting for our approved K1 petition to arrived in the mail from 2 weeks to a month from now and since I was waiting for it I'd like to prepare all the forms needed. So when it comes to Form 1-134 and affidavit of support my fiancee is a full time student in his Masters program now and he doesn't really have an income to show coz what he has is a checking and a savings account worth $12,000 he got from his previous work his student loans plus the scholarships which lasted for only 3 months before he gets into Masters and he was also a Peace Corp Volunteer from 2007-2009 so obviously his ITR were really below. So my question is since he falls below the poverty guidelines can we get a co-sponsor, which is his mom? and I heard Manila Embassy wouldn't allow co-sponsors. Please tell me what to do. Im really freaking out in here and I didnt know what to do :(

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello Everyone! Im a newbie here.. I'd like to ask for some info of you guys.. So here's my story. My fiance and I were waiting for our approved K1 petition to arrived in the mail from 2 weeks to a month from now and since I was waiting for it I'd like to prepare all the forms needed. So when it comes to Form 1-134 and affidavit of support my fiancee is a full time student in his Masters program now and he doesn't really have an income to show coz what he has is a checking and a savings account worth $12,000 he got from his previous work his student loans plus the scholarships which lasted for only 3 months before he gets into Masters and he was also a Peace Corp Volunteer from 2007-2009 so obviously his ITR were really below. So my question is since he falls below the poverty guidelines can we get a co-sponsor, which is his mom? and I heard Manila Embassy wouldn't allow co-sponsors. Please tell me what to do. Im really freaking out in here and I didnt know what to do :(

Yours is the kind of situation where Manila will frequently make an exception and accept a cosponsor if it is a well qualified close parent or sibling. Of course that's an educated prediction not a guarantee. There's no way to know for certain until the interview occurs.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks for the reply guys..I hope it'll turn out well. His mom is willing to be our co-sponsor so they'll both fill up the form I-134 right? Is it fine if they don't live together? and by the way, do they have to notarized the form I-134 that they'll both filling up? :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Thanks for the reply guys..I hope it'll turn out well. His mom is willing to be our co-sponsor so they'll both fill up the form I-134 right? Is it fine if they don't live together? and by the way, do they have to notarized the form I-134 that they'll both filling up? :)

Yes, they'll both have to fill up an I-134. The I-134s do not have to be notarized. They do not have to live together.

Both of them will also have to provide income tax returns (or tax transcripts), W-2s, 1099s, recent paycheck stubs, and a letter from their employer.

As was mentioned above, Manila sometimes accepts cosponsors. Your case seems to fit the profile of those whose cosponsors were accepted. The only worrisome aspect of your case is that your fiancée has so little income to report.

In my opinion, it would be a great help to your case if your fiancée attended your interview with you.

Timeline

Yes, they'll both have to fill up an I-134. The I-134s do not have to be notarized. They do not have to live together.

Both of them will also have to provide income tax returns (or tax transcripts), W-2s, 1099s, recent paycheck stubs, and a letter from their employer.

As was mentioned above, Manila sometimes accepts cosponsors. Your case seems to fit the profile of those whose cosponsors were accepted. The only worrisome aspect of your case is that your fiancée has so little income to report.

In my opinion, it would be a great help to your case if your fiancée attended your interview with you.

Aww thank you! The reasons why he's income was little because on 2007-2009 he was a Peace Corp Volunteer here in Philippines and they're ITR is only around $4,000+ a year but he'll write a letter explaining that. Also he was working on Oct 2009-Feb 2010 and June 2010-August 2010 before he got into his Masteral's Program September last year. Are we good with that? Also I heard that fiance's aren't allowed to come with their fiancee's interview in Manila Embassy, true? Your info is much appreciated :)

Aww thank you! The reasons why he's income was little because on 2007-2009 he was a Peace Corp Volunteer here in Philippines and they're ITR is only around $4,000+ a year but he'll write a letter explaining that. Also he was working on Oct 2009-Feb 2010 and June 2010-August 2010 before he got into his Masteral's Program September last year. Are we good with that? Also I heard that fiance's aren't allowed to come with their fiancee's interview in Manila Embassy, true? Your info is much appreciated :)

Fiancés are almost always allowed to attend their fiancée's interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. I can't remember anyone who wasn't allowed to attend. Even if your fiancé wasn't allowed to attend, it would be very helpful to your case if your fiancé was waiting for you just outside of the interview room. You could show his passport to the consular officer in order to demonstrate to the consular officer that your fiancé is serious about your relationship, that he has come to support you, and that he is available to answer any questions the consular officer may have about his financial story.

I truly believe that when a fiancé attends an interview, it makes it much more difficult for the consular officer to deny you a visa.

The consular officer will be looking at your fiancé's current sustained income. Your fiancé must be able to show that he will make a minimum income of $18,212 (for a household size of two) for 2011. This is done by using several of his recent pay stubs and extrapolating them out over the entire year, and a letter from his employer stating his salary, etc. If he has any unmarried children under 21 or other dependents, then it increases his household size and it increases the minimum income necessary for your visa approval.

The consular officers are trying to prevent people from becoming a public charge after they enter the U.S.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Fiancés are almost always allowed to attend their fiancée's interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila. I can't remember anyone who wasn't allowed to attend. Even if your fiancé wasn't allowed to attend, it would be very helpful to your case if your fiancé was waiting for you just outside of the interview room. You could show his passport to the consular officer in order to demonstrate to the consular officer that your fiancé is serious about your relationship, that he has come to support you, and that he is available to answer any questions the consular officer may have about his financial story.

I truly believe that when a fiancé attends an interview, it makes it much more difficult for the consular officer to deny you a visa.

The consular officer will be looking at your fiancé's current sustained income. Your fiancé must be able to show that he will make a minimum income of $18,212 (for a household size of two) for 2011. This is done by using several of his recent pay stubs and extrapolating them out over the entire year, and a letter from his employer stating his salary, etc. If he has any unmarried children under 21 or other dependents, then it increases his household size and it increases the minimum income necessary for your visa approval.

The consular officers are trying to prevent people from becoming a public charge after they enter the U.S.

Hi Tamoha, thanks for the reply. My fiance is going to be with me on my interview so Im just hoping everything turns out fine. We're going to get his mom as our co-sponsor just incase we'll need one. He'll also show his financial aid letter worth $21,000, his scholarship letter too coz his tuition was waved by his school and his savings account worth $12,000 he got from his previous work, last 3 years of his ITR and W-2s. Im going to schedule for an interview next week once I receive the letter from Manila Embassy. So we're just hoping the CO will take considerations of our case and hope it turns out fine.

Timeline

Hi Tamoha, thanks for the reply. My fiance is going to be with me on my interview so Im just hoping everything turns out fine. We're going to get his mom as our co-sponsor just incase we'll need one. He'll also show his financial aid letter worth $21,000, his scholarship letter too coz his tuition was waved by his school and his savings account worth $12,000 he got from his previous work, last 3 years of his ITR and W-2s. Im going to schedule for an interview next week once I receive the letter from Manila Embassy. So we're just hoping the CO will take considerations of our case and hope it turns out fine.

Hi im in the same boat as you are,im newly grad, and reviewing for my nclex. Im only working part time to make time for my review. Kindly please share your experience. Goodluck and Godbless in your interview

Oops i failed to look at your name hehe. Ill add you up here in VJ im eager to know =). goodluck

Edited by carlo702

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.