digital82

NVC Checklist for Packet IV

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just wanted to know if NVC sends out any packets after Packet IV - fees have been paid...

My Wife need to get her PCC done but I still havent gotten any Packets from NVC... was just wondering if this is normal or do i need to call them up...

I asked my wife to inquire at the local police station and they showed here that she should receive something from NVC containing information about PCC...

well i dont know what they are asking for...

will have to call NVC today and find out...

any ideas or informaiton is helpfull guys....

thanks in advance...

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We didn't get the IV packet. We waited and waited, and when my husband called they were like 'oh yeah, go ahead and do that' (meaning, get all your stuff together and send it in). So, yes, it is normal. Just follow the checklist from the website to put all the documents together. Good luck!

bzYip3.png

May 2004- we meet!

09/27/2008- we are married!

03/05/2009- back to Russia for 2-year HRR

02/17/2010- I-130 sent to USCIS

03/01/2010- NOA1

06/02/2010- NOA2

06/09/2010- our case is at NVC!

06/12/2010- receive DS-3032 and I-864 bill

06/19/2010- I-864 bill is paid

06/25/2010- mailed DS-3032 to NVC

07/15/2010- received Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice

07/20/2010- Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee is paid (check cleared)

09/20/2010- call NVC and find out that we can start work on I864 and DS230 packets

02/12/2011- AOS (I-864) packet is mailed to NVC

02/14/2011- NVC receives AOS (I-864) packet

03/06/2011- YAY! Finally, the 2 year HRR is fulfilled![/font]

03/07/2011- IV packet is mailed to NVC

04/07/2011- receive a letter from NVC requesting detailed information regarding the circumstances of my 1999 J-1 visa

04/09/2011- we mail the requested info to NVC along with proof that 2-year HRR has been fulfilled

04/30/2011- Check with NVC- get message "Your case was completed on April 27th. Please allow 8 weeks for further instructions"

05/17/2011- receive notification from NVC: interview scheduled for June 1st!

Timeline

We didn't get the IV packet. We waited and waited, and when my husband called they were like 'oh yeah, go ahead and do that' (meaning, get all your stuff together and send it in). So, yes, it is normal. Just follow the checklist from the website to put all the documents together. Good luck!

I did get the checklist from the internet...

my problem is about the PCC... They said that they need some sort of letter from Immigration authority stating that PCC is required...

USCIS Process - CR-1 Visa

Service Center :: California Service Center

Consulate :: MUMBAI - INDIA

08 / 05 / 2010 :: I-130 Sent

02 / 10 / 2011 :: NOA-2 - TXT and Email ***After Senator Help Was Requested

02 / 19 / 2011 :: Hardcopy Received in Snail Mail

Total 185 Days For Approval

NVC Process - 19 Days to Reach NVC

02 / 28 / 2011 :: NVC Receive

05 / 16 / 2011 :: Sign in Failed

05 / 17 / 2011 :: NVC Case Complete

Total 78 Days for Completion At NVC

Medical / Interview / POE

05 / 26 / 2011 :: Interview Date Received - Packet 4

06 / 07 / 2011 :: Medical - DONE

07 / 05 / 2011 :: VFS Fees Paid

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Interview - APPROVED

07 / 18 / 2011 :: Picked up Visa in the Evening

07 / 23 / 2011 :: P.O.E - Washington DC - Dulles Airport

WIFE IS FINALLY HERE!!!

Timeline

my problem is about the PCC... They said that they need some sort of letter from Immigration authority stating that PCC is required...

What type of check list are you talking about is it from the NVC. If it is from the NVC then go to the Passport Office and show them the check list letter. They will issue you a PCC or write to NVC that you don't have the PCC right now but will present it on the interview day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If you are referring to the police clearance certificate, my fiance was told that at first too, but what they really needed was 1,000 INR. The Delhi police clearance certificate took my fiance 3 weeks to get...we've been trying to prepare in advance as we probably won't even receive our NOA2 until late April.

Try printing out the requirements from the internet and taking those along with your NOA letter(s) to the police. If they still won't process the PCC without the packet IV letter from the consulate stating that you need it, then have your wife speak to a policeman in her neighborhood, not at the police station, and inquire if there are any "fees" she can pay to have this process expedited. Your wife will not get a receipt for having paid this fee. I don't know about your wife's city, but in Delhi, you also have to present two people who will attest for you that you are of good character and they have to have proof such as a voter ID card that they live on your block.

If you are referring to the passport clearance certificate, your wife should go to the passport office that issued her passport. It should only take one day to get it done, no mystery "fees" involved and they won't need the letter from the consulate.

Good luck!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

If you are referring to the police clearance certificate, my fiance was told that at first too, but what they really needed was 1,000 INR. The Delhi police clearance certificate took my fiance 3 weeks to get...we've been trying to prepare in advance as we probably won't even receive our NOA2 until late April.

Try printing out the requirements from the internet and taking those along with your NOA letter(s) to the police. If they still won't process the PCC without the packet IV letter from the consulate stating that you need it, then have your wife speak to a policeman in her neighborhood, not at the police station, and inquire if there are any "fees" she can pay to have this process expedited. Your wife will not get a receipt for having paid this fee. I don't know about your wife's city, but in Delhi, you also have to present two people who will attest for you that you are of good character and they have to have proof such as a voter ID card that they live on your block.

If you are referring to the passport clearance certificate, your wife should go to the passport office that issued her passport. It should only take one day to get it done, no mystery "fees" involved and they won't need the letter from the consulate.

Good luck!

Hey,

We had used a copy of the 1st NVC letter that basically tells you a case# is assigned.. The PCC should not need anything more than that.Besides from that the usual drill of proofs such as attested passport,residence proof, maybe a copy of marriage certificate etc..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Good luck!

haha about the 1000 rs, but so very very true. clarity on PCCs for obtaining them for a mumbai consulate depends on how recently your passport was issued. if <6 months, then she'd only need it from the regional passport office in mumbai. if >6 months, then from the regional office AND the local police stattion (w/ 1000 rs!). details are here http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivpolicecertificates.html

hope this helps - you dont need to have the letter and checklist; if they do ask, try 1000 rs. if they make a stink, try 2000 rs. seriously you have to get the work done. spending a few bucks here and there is worth it...good luck!

Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale - My beautiful wife Soni
Timeline:
USCIS: 10-06-2009: I-130 rec'd by USCIS; 03-16-2010: I-130 APPROVAL (after 5+ friggin months of torture, agony and waiting!)
NVC:
04-29-2010: INTERVIEW ASSIGNED FOR JUNE 10TH IN CHENNAI CONSULATE, INDIA; 06-10-2010: INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!!!!!
06-18-2010: Entered US - NEW YORK CITY and 08-16-2010: GC received! (nearly 2 months after PoE) woo hoo!
AOS for permanent 10 yr green card:

04-02-2012: NOA of I-751 and 1 yr extension of temp green card

05-03-2012: Biometrics appointment

12-18-2012: 10 yr Green card approved; 12-22-2012: Green card rec'd

N-400 citizenship:

06-19-2013: N-400 mailed; 06-22-2013: N-400 rec'd at Dallas lockbox

10-3-2013: Interview date - APPROVED!

10-18-2013: NATURALIZED - We are done with USCIS!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

packets?

usually if something is missing from the DS-230 - a 'checklist letter response' is sent out. It's not any packet, alas.

NORMALLY, most members here at VJ download the forms, get all supporting documents, USE the online payment portal, and send off stuff when the online payment portal marks a fee bill as paid (cause that's the instructions at the portal coversheet document)

Now, you can wait for a 'packet', but note that each 'packet' (there are 3 - DS-3032, I-864, and DS-230) revolves out of NVC every three months , if you've not used any short cut or Guide or Wiki page here to help you 'go fast', and yer flipped into 'postal notification mode' at NVC, which sucks, much. 9 months sucks, as well. You really don't want 'postal notification' mode, as suddenly yer waiting on NVC to send you stuff. NO ONE HERE AT VJ who has READ the stuff below will WAIT on NVC to send them anything - it's just not done..

Some backgrounder (get some forms, la)

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

online payment portal -

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Loto's wiki entries -

Loto's Wiki Page - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

and I'll leave it to you to find/read/immerse yerself in LingChe's NVC Shortcuts on the Wiki here.

Good Day, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Most folk with interviews in INDIA that have this exact dilemma solve it

by

Showing a printed copy of the EMAIL that they get - it's called a 'checklist letter response' and it's issued between 'case complete' and 'final review' stages at NVC - to the Police Office that's hassling you about it. You'll prolly want to email NVC at NVCInquiry@state.gov, complain that you can't get the PCC without the checklist letter response email, and to hurry up, review the casefile, issue this email.

Good Day, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.