volcanic

artegal

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To catch people up:

Round 1: Someone posted that she was leaving because her spelling and grammar had been mocked. Several posts of many people saying "huh what" and many people castigating the entire board for it's horrific treatment of said OP. Upon further research it has been determined that the person was offended because: one, that the post they made about God and Allah was debunked by www.snopes.com, and two, an off-handed comment about grammar made to someone else was misinterpreted as being toward them.

Round 2: Her fiancé then posted to all the people of VJ about how upset he was that we upset his fiancée and that we should all be ashamed. It turns out from him that apparently she was being attacked on PMs, not a thread. ??? Many people take exception to being collectively slapped for something they didn't do; several comments about perpetrating drama ensue and many suggestions of "couldn't you have just defended her honor in a PM to those who attacked her instead of making this a public drama?" At the end of said thread, Artegal in his cutting wit (:thumbs:) takes the USC fiancé's original post and runs it thorugh a spellchecker, posting the results in a picture (classic Artegal and dang funny!).

Round 3: Apparently someone didn't like or understand the humor of it, and as a result Artegal has been condemned as an idiot. It has apparently affected him so badly he's taken to typing in Spanish.

Gosh, I've spent a lot of time here lately... :lol:

*curtsey*

edited because I haven't had enough coffee to be fluent

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok...one question to the teacher of this said English and Writing class 101.."Will we learn how to spell and say ###### OFF AND GO ROTATE???"....####### is this about? TO the OP...get over it will ya??? How pathetic is it to sit there and start a thread saying goodbye because you don't like how ppl supposedly treat you when you say something wrong or incorrectly spell...WHATEVERRRRRRRRRR>....am I BOTHERED?? Also, how pathetic is it to now come on under a different name and ATTACK someone...and for what exactly???? I can't help but to sit here and laughing my ###### ### off until I almost wee myself at the absurdity of this whole topic. Come on now...Drama class?? No...more like Elementary. TEACHER...THEY'RE PICKING ON ME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....It shows the sign of intelligance and level of maturity when you sit here on a computer all day and have internet wars with ppl with whom you most likely will NEVER[/color]meet.

OK..that was my ###### for the day...carry on ..lol

LJ

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
To catch people up:

Round 1: Someone posted that she was leaving because her spelling and grammar had been mocked. Several posts of many people saying "huh what" and many people castigating the entire board for it's horrific treatment of said OP. Upon further research it has been determined that the person was offended because: one, that the post they made about God and Allah was debunked by www.snopes.com, and two, an off-handed comment about grammar made to someone else was misinterpreted as being toward them.

Round 2: Her fiancé then posted to all the people of VJ about how upset he was that we upset his fiancée and that we should all be ashamed. It turns out from him that apparently she was being attacked on PMs, not a thread. ??? Many people take exception to being collectively slapped for something they didn't do; several comments about perpetrating drama ensue and many suggestions of "couldn't you have just defended her honor in a PM to those who attacked her instead of making this a public drama?" At the end of said thread, Artegal in his cutting wit (:thumbs:) takes the USC fiancé's original post and runs it thorugh a spellchecker, posting the results in a picture (classic Artegal and dang funny!).

Round 3: Apparently someone didn't like or understand the humor of it, and as a result Artegal has been condemned as an idiot. It has apparently affected him so badly he's taken to typing in Spanish.

*curtsey*

fank yoo!! :P

And I guess I missed less than I thought cuz I saw the religious thread that was debunked by SNOPES.. w00t!

Anywhoooo, my take on it is...correcting someone's grammar & spelling is just silly (unless it's just good natured ribbing, which I believe some people don't do...they just like to be "better" somehow... *yawn*.......) and it's just as silly to take exception to a collective wrist slapping.... if you know you had nuffin to do with it....then WHO CARES! I've seen the same individuals say "it's just the internet, get over it" and then get all bent out of shape for being called VJ meanies. Gimme a break. LOL

And as far as keeping it private in private messages...then we wouldn't get these drama-filled threads (aka popcorn threads), which let's be honest....most of us flock to....HAHAHA. They usually get the most viewing and responses to. :thumbs::yes:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
To catch people up:

*curtsey*

Thanks for the VJ Cliff Notes Ceriserose! Now can you condense some of the threads over in MENA? Don't have time to wade through all of it myself :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...