76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If you're willing to put up triple the fees for a faster process, then that would be what it would take. Extra man power.

The people on VJ are only a very small percentage of the people filing/the cases that USCIS has to go through. Every case has to have the background checks, the evidence checks, has to be looked at carefully, etc.

From what I see, it's actually gotten better from what it used to be, so be thankful.

Actually, be thankful you have the opportunity to bring your loved one here. It would be just as easy for the Government to say "nope" to all cases like these. That's something to consider and something that would truly be UNACCEPTABLE.

There are bigger things to complain about, and there's always the option of you moving to your loved ones nation or trying to go elsewhere.

I can understand wanting the process done faster but the last thing we need is more lazy Government workers lets start by having the lazy non working ones fired and replaced with workers who will work. Fire a couple of people I think that would motivate the rest to do there jobs in a timely matter. Believe it or not bigger government makes slower workers. Try dealing with another government with half the workers and people who have to work to keep their jobs it goes alot faster. Our government worker are just spoiled over paid non working sloths with the exception of a very few.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

When you look at the process and how long it takes, sure it is a long time I am quickly approaching a year to get to the Interview stage with my Fiancee. But look at it this way Maybe part of it is to see If you are truly committed to the process. and to your fiance/fiancee. waiting this long to get where I am at. Also the financial aspects I would say it has cost a Minimum of $8,000 to get to the Interview and will be another $2000 for plane tickets for her to come here to Marry me. Then there is the AOS to do. tack on another $1100. Its a process it takes time, and a commitment to do this on both. This could be the way to weed out the ones who are not truly committed. We chose to do this and I do not regret the time, energy or money required to accomplish our dream. I have waited 57 years to find the woman I will marry whats a few months.

When you look at the process and how long it takes, sure it is a long time I am quickly approaching a year to get to the Interview stage with my Fiancee. But look at it this way Maybe part of it is to see If you are truly committed to the process. and to your fiance/fiancee. waiting this long to get where I am at. Also the financial aspects I would say it has cost a Minimum of $8,000 to get to the Interview and will be another $2000 for plane tickets for her to come here to Marry me. Then there is the AOS to do. tack on another $1100. Its a process it takes time, and a commitment to do this on both. This could be the way to weed out the ones who are not truly committed. We chose to do this and I do not regret the time, energy or money required to accomplish our dream. I have waited 57 years to find the woman I will marry whats a few months.

I'm not prepared to judge people if their relationship falls apart because of this. There could be other factors than just not being truly committed. The money required for this is pretty large. And I think this process is far more stressful than it needs to be. And to answer the question: I've waited 57 years to find the woman I will marry, what's a few months? The answer: It's unnecessary time apart from the woman you love.

BTW, I looked through your pictures. I love the one where she's standing next to you, on a curb, in shoes with 2 inch soles, and she's still shorter than you. Good luck on the rest of your journey.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Granted the Uncle Sam thing is funny, but...........

You do realize that you had visa in hand in just over 5 months, but you're telling people not to whine when they are past that time just waiting for the NOA2?

Maybe, if it's not too much to ask, you could give them permission to whine a little bit. Maybe, you know, look at things from their perspective. :thumbs:

Hey man, what the timeline doesn't tell you is that I was separated from my fiance for a year before filing. And was pregnant the whole time. It was my choice to enter into a relationship with a man in another country. You never heard a peep from me complaining about the separation on here. Ya'll signed on for this, if you can't handle it, marry an American. There's a lot of fish in the sea, blah blah blah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You know, I've thought that before, and if you watch on here the time and distance really does kill some people's relationships or even brings out the cold hard truth in some instances. But honestly that's not the governments business in the first place. They just need to know that both parties are "good" people and won't take advantage of government programs.

I do think that is part of it.. Not really from a "test the relationship" standpoint but a "if we sit on these piles for six months 10% of them will self destruct" standpoint.. I don't think it is intentional but a balance that happens over time. With the people the USCIS has for handling the work and the number of people that drop out over time or never bother to file due to the time wait in the first place they have reached a type of equilibrium..

They might be able to shave some time for everyone by streamlining the process for some countries.. There is no point in making a Canadian wait six or more months - I mean what could the fraud rate possibly be? Whatever fraud they are worried about being perpetrated here could be perpetrated the home country.. Verify they are Canadian, not a criminal, that the USC meets the requirements, make sure they sign the I-864 and then let them through. This is probably also true of a lot of countries - Australia, much of Europe, Japan, etc.. Streamline those countries as well, still charge everyone the same rate, and use the money saved for speeding up those of us with family in developing countries.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Something tells me the OP thinks the process is "UNACCEPTABLE." I don't know.. call it a hunch?

I seriously think this process is preparing us for children. They test your patience more than UCSIS ever could. Trust me.

All kidding aside, patience truly is a virtue. It'll come.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Hey man, what the timeline doesn't tell you is that I was separated from my fiance for a year before filing. And was pregnant the whole time. It was my choice to enter into a relationship with a man in another country. You never heard a peep from me complaining about the separation on here. Ya'll signed on for this, if you can't handle it, marry an American. There's a lot of fish in the sea, blah blah blah.

You stay classy. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

My only issue with the whole immigration process is.....

1. me a us citizen has to wait almost a year to bring my wife to usa.

2. my wife's cousin got married one week after our marriage to a guy who has a job visa is usa.... and he got to bring her here in 2 or 3 weeeks.. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: thats UNACCEPTABLE..... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

I agree he probably had to pay more..but then they should atleast have an option for usc's to pay more and bring our loved ones here in few weeks...

yes this is what i think is unacceptable :bonk: :bonk: :angry:

aaannd you keep waiting! muttley.jpg

:rofl:

Seriously? You're going to have to do better than that if you want to bother me.

I'll stick by what I said earlier. I don't know why a person whose total wait was just over 5 months should be lecturing others who have waited 6 months just for the NOA2.

But you live your life and I'll live mine.

Edited by B_J

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As the majority here I think about this whole process night and day. It is crazy how this process becomes such a big part of our lives, I feel like I eat, sleep and breathe the immigration process. Over six months waiting far away from the person who means more than anything else is just cruel and I feel like the time is literally wasted. Sure there should be screening, and sure there is plenty to do to prepare for the big day, but it is still UNACCEPTABLE! The whole system is UNACCEPTABLE. Think about that word and use it every time you talk to someone about your case, every time you tweet, every letter to Congress and the President should contain the word UNACCEPTABLE!

Thank you for the space to vent.

Oh well I guess I'm in the monority cuz I do not think about this process night and day. And though I miss my fiancee terribly and think about HER night and day, I have way too much to do here not only for preparation of her coming but other day to day stuff like work and the project from hell that I'm on and seems to never end, the 6 grand I have to cough up for the sewer main from my house to the street that is now choked by roots and has collapsed and needs to be replaced and well as the storm drain main, and my fiancee possible having ptb and my ankle that I jusy found out may have tendonitis and I can go on. I mean its just basically life stuff and ####### happens. I usually hit VJ about once a day and when I can its a real break from my day to day. not that I don't think about this process and not in a very nice light I might add, but it does not dominate my thoughts. We'll be at 5 months on Sunday the 20th. I'm trying to give it a chance. Really, in the past few weeks I haven't had much room to care too much about this process. It sucks, but with my fiancee taking meds to treat her ptb (she may or may not have it - she has absolutely no symptoms) I'm not sure that if we have to wait a month or too longer if that won;t help us out!

I got so much going on in my life besides this that I think I lack the emotional capicity to get too wrapped up in it - yet. I may have a different squawk 90 days from now:)

But I do feel ya'!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh golly it's not unacceptable at all. The over thirty million illegal aliens in the country are just fine with how it's working. So it is only the much smaller number of legal immigrants having trouble with the system.

You see, the immigration process keeps these thirty-plus million illegal immigrants from immigrating. The way it does that is by them just walking across the border for free instead of paying money, being treated like a subhuman, and waiting so long. Murderers, rapists, illegal workers, and even just common folk make up this thirty-plus million illegal immigrants residing here that the law is so effective in keeping out.

These background checks and all - yea those are extremely important for keeping out these thirty million plus illegal immigrants. Lord knows how dumb terrorists are too - they're most likely to write down on their application that they are here to blow up trains and hijack school buses full of children. That's how we stop them. They could not possibly be as smart as the other thirty-plus million illegal aliens and just walk across the border. Nobody is that smart. Except these thirty-plus million illegal aliens.

Hey, remember how effective the immigration system was in keeping out those 19 hijackers from September 11? Wow, there's more proof of how we need this system because it keeps terrorists like those out of our country.

That's why we should trust the system. Because of how well it is doing at the things it says it is for: keeping out the illegals, stopping 9/11 type hijackers, etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Don't complain about the processing time that you KNEW you'd have to wait through when you filed. This board has been taken over by this mess, and it gets old.

Um, I disagree. When I sent in my app, the average processing time was about 50-80 days, and had been in that range for a long time. I thought it might take 5 months. But I am at 196 days since I mailed in my petition. You didn't hear so much as a PEEP out of me until I hit 5 months. If I had KNOWN it would take 6-7 months just to get through this part of the process, we would have explored other visa and living options, or at the very least mentally prepared for the distance and the wait.

Please, if you do not like to read about these issues, why are you on here? Sorry if it's "getting old" for you after you have been though this process already, but we're in the midst of it now.

Edited by ecce

09/02/10 Mailed I-129F

09/07/10 NOA1

03/17/11 NOA2 approved

06/06/11 Interview. Visa approved. Told we'll get visa in 7-10 days. Lies.

07/12/11 Visa in hand

07/15/11 Arrival in the U.S.

07/21/11 Marriage

07/28/11 Mailed I-485

08/03/11 NOA for I-485

08/29/11 Biometrics

10/17/11 Greencard interview. Approved.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Um, I disagree. When I sent in my app, the average processing time was about 50-80 days, and had been in that range for a long time. I thought it might take 5 months. But I am at 196 days since I mailed in my petition. You didn't hear so much as a PEEP out of me until I hit 5 months. If I had KNOWN it would take 6-7 months just to get through this part of the process, we would have explored other visa and living options, or at the very least mentally prepared for the distance and the wait.

Please, if you do not like to read about these issues, why are you on here? Sorry if it's "getting old" for you after you have been though this process already, but we're in the midst of it now.

I'm on here because I've gained a bit of knowledge about this process, and I like to help people by giving advice on interview related issues, red flags, denials- these are devastating issues for people, and they used to take the forefront of the front page of VJ. Now, all that is seen on that front page is whining about "where is my NOA2". Threads upon threads of it, and it's tiresome to see the same basic thread posted over and over again, when there are people on VJ going through serious immigration related problems. Waiting is not a problem, it is an inconvenience.

Don't get me wrong, I have compassion for what everyone is going through with these extended processing times, I really do. But spamming the board with threads constantly complaining about it isn't going to change it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.