PalestineMyHeart

*Poof*

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
One of the things for my husband and me that really helped was to agree to assume good intentions of the other person. I think especially with cultural differences and increased possibility of misunderstanding this has helped cut down on unnecessary disagreements.

I was also finding this thread extremely helpful in terms of mentally preparing for the sort of reality check once we get to finally live together!

In any case, I wanted to second the sentiments in this here quote for the advancement of a drama-free relationship!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It still sucks. Sachinky and several other people made some great, informative and helpful posts, that would still have context even without the op. But now they are gone because someone doesn't know how to use the Internet like a grownup. But tells everyone here they're a magical conflict resolving superstar when it comes to being married to someone they've spent two weeks with. Cheers.

Whoa. Only grownup games are played around here? laughing.gif

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

agreed --- some people don't like the answers that they get. Easier to delete and pretend it never happened I guess.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know it's a pain for people to retype information that they already took the time to share with the group, so I won't ask for it to be repeated...but should you feel so inclined to spend the effort to do it again, I always appreciate it. If it's not advice that I think is relevant to my particular situation, I'm sure it will apply to someone else. As I said in the first post of the preparing for the beneficiary's (errrrr benficiary's :wacko: ) arrival thread, I won't ask for it to be deleted. I doubt WOM has any plans to request the deletion of this one, either.

Edited by Crossed_fingers

agreed --- some people don't like the answers that they get. Easier to delete and pretend it never happened I guess.

:thumbs: Selfish, and stinks for the people who were using the information usefully.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I really don't mind hearing the reality at all. What I can't handle is the rudeness and sarcasm. Why is that necessary? I belong to other forums and there isn't anything like that....just people talking respectfully to each other. I really don't get it. And it's not just with me me, I have read it over and over, and over again.

You all thought I was boasting when I said "We have talked about that and how we will deal with it", or "I think Hassan will deal with that well, because of his personality or character".....I was just being honest and you didn't like to hear the reality of that......such is life. I'm not the type that boasts and he's not even here yet so what am I going to boast about... Yes I do think my husband is strong and has a great character, and patient, and respectul and that's what made me first fall in love with him in the first place. And I'm not going to apologize for that. When people did give suggestions that we "hadn't" talked about, I thanked them and said it was a great idea. The problem with some of you is that if people don't see things your way then you feel the need to get rude....and I have heard more than one other person comment on it also on different threads. One person keeps asking "Why do people think that if they hear reality that it's rudeness or attacking them?" If you were to take an "objective" (your words) look at all the comments in different threads you would understand. But you won't, and that's fine.

Not saying that some of you aren't really knowledgeable because you are, but I can get the same answers to the same questions somewhere else without having to deal with the sarcasm.

That's all.

And I'm sure this will start a whole slew of comments, and that's fine. I don't care.

Have a good day.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

I really don't mind hearing the reality at all. What I can't handle is the rudeness and sarcasm. Why is that necessary? I belong to other forums and there isn't anything like that....just people talking respectfully to each other. I really don't get it. And it's not just with me me, I have read it over and over, and over again.

You all thought I was boasting when I said "We have talked about that and how we will deal with it", or "I think Hassan will deal with that well, because of his personality or character".....I was just being honest and you didn't like to hear the reality of that......such is life. I'm not the type that boasts and he's not even here yet so what am I going to boast about... Yes I do think my husband is strong and has a great character, and patient, and respectul and that's what made me first fall in love with him in the first place. And I'm not going to apologize for that. When people did give suggestions that we "hadn't" talked about, I thanked them and said it was a great idea. The problem with some of you is that if people don't see things your way then you feel the need to get rude....and I have heard more than one other person comment on it also on different threads. One person keeps asking "Why do people think that if they hear reality that it's rudeness or attacking them?" If you were to take an "objective" (your words) look at all the comments in different threads you would understand. But you won't, and that's fine.

Not saying that some of you aren't really knowledgeable because you are, but I can get the same answers to the same questions somewhere else without having to deal with the sarcasm.

That's all.

And I'm sure this will start a whole slew of comments, and that's fine. I don't care.

Have a good day.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.