PalestineMyHeart

*Poof*

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Wow really?

Could you have just had your posts removed so that other people who were interested could have benefitted from it?

That would seem to be the more sensible way.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

That would seem to be the more sensible way.

The only thing I can think of though is that she posted so much and was quoted so much it would be a lot of work for a mod to edit.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The only thing I can think of though is that she posted so much and was quoted so much it would be a lot of work for a mod to edit.

^this

And the thread wouldn't have made any sense either without an original post.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I guessed I missed the juicy parts that were too revealing :crying:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

That's exactly what I was thinking. There was so much good information in that thread. #######!?!? You know, this is one of the things that always gets me - people post so much good information. Useful information. But inevitably, somebody always gets diarrhea of the mouth or the fingers and says far too much about their relationship. Most of us could give two sh!ts about their individual relationship, but that thread had such great tidbits of valid info from pre-visa to AOS and ROC that the OP should have her posts removed and just keep her original post and the rest of the thread. Just sayin'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I guessed I missed the juicy parts that were too revealing :crying:

Well, I don't think she needed to worry about being nearly as revealing as others have been in the past! :star: There was quite the discussion which was talked about when I joined which must have happened just prior when I was avoiding coming here because everyone had told me to come here and it seemed like an unnecessary thing to do... ah... I could have joined back in June of '05! Instead I waited too long I think. I missed lots of good stuff.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

It still sucks. Sachinky and several other people made some great, informative and helpful posts, that would still have context even without the op. But now they are gone because someone doesn't know how to use the Internet like a grownup. But tells everyone here they're a magical conflict resolving superstar when it comes to being married to someone they've spent two weeks with. Cheers.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

For Crossed Fingers - if your fiancé has a Moroccan drivers license, once he gets his visa he can get his international drivers license there in morocco. The length of time he can use it in the us varies from state to state.

Re: money - it will really vary from couple to couple. Several people posted how they work it out and it just seem like it depends on the couples and their spending/saving personalities.

You also asked if there were other tips. One of the things for my husband and me that really helped was to agree to assume good intentions of the other person. I think especially with cultural differences and increased possibility of misunderstanding this has helped cut down on unnecessary disagreements.

It still sucks. Sachinky and several other people made some great, informative and helpful posts, that would still have context even without the op. But now they are gone because someone doesn't know how to use the Internet like a grownup. But tells everyone here they're a magical conflict resolving superstar when it comes to being married to someone they've spent two weeks with. Cheers.

I have no idea where to find the emoticons on my iPhone but if I did I'd be throwing the corny thumbs up sign all over the place in response to your post.

One can only guess that they the couple who agree on everything didn't agree that she should be posting about his multitude of siblings and their lives

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ah another thing I thought about was when Adam first started driving here. Gosh, I was going insane. I wasnt going to be his teacher thats for sure. Got some fellas to help out with that. I vividly remember one time we were going to make a right hand turn at the light and Wendys restaurant was on the right side. I said turn here and instead of turning exactly at the light, he turned right and went right through Wendy's concrete edge and grass/bushes. What an adventure that experience was!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

My husband had driven for years in Morocco so before he took the test we scheduled one lesson with a driving teacher. He took him to the course and took him through the test exactly how it is given at that particular testing center. He had to wake up at about 5am and go that early to get through it long before it opened. But it was really helpful - he passed on his first try. I'd highly recommend it. It was less than $100 for the lesson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Much appreciation to those of you who are posting some of the info again! I caught a glimpse that there were several responses to my questions about the IDL (I promise I did Google it, too :thumbs:) and the financial issues, but I wasn't able to read them in depth because I went out to dinner and ran some errands.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.