Kimbear

We decided to buy a house

178 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think we have a WINNER!!!!!

The only bad thing..its a freaking short sale..BUT we've been told it has not had ANY offers on it. And I think the mortgage company really wants to get rid of it..as the people who own it are still living in it since they defaulted in August of last year...Ya know..i did not know you could do that..just stay in the house like that..and not pay anything..

It needs alot of cleaning, looks like the people living in it..or rather showing up to do their laundry i guess haven't cleaned in 6 months. They even let the little kids draw all over the walls. Nothing a little primer and paint can't fix. and OMG the area is gorgeous! its so nice and pretty and wildlife and birds and just..wow clean air and stuff. I had a very good feeling in the house and when we walked around a few blocks checking the place out. It is quite peaceful there.

here is the link: http://www.redfin.com/IL/Hanover-Park/1713-De-Forest-Ln-60133/unit-1713/home/21785775

So worse case if it does not close by July, is that we move back in with Davids parents for a couple months while saving up more money. It may take a while, but I'm looking forward to practically no neighbours and NO ONE NEAR MY BEDROOM OR STOMPING OVER MY FRACKING HEAD!!!! :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I think we have a WINNER!!!!!

The only bad thing..its a freaking short sale..BUT we've been told it has not had ANY offers on it. And I think the mortgage company really wants to get rid of it..as the people who own it are still living in it since they defaulted in August of last year...Ya know..i did not know you could do that..just stay in the house like that..and not pay anything..

It needs alot of cleaning, looks like the people living in it..or rather showing up to do their laundry i guess haven't cleaned in 6 months. They even let the little kids draw all over the walls. Nothing a little primer and paint can't fix. and OMG the area is gorgeous! its so nice and pretty and wildlife and birds and just..wow clean air and stuff. I had a very good feeling in the house and when we walked around a few blocks checking the place out. It is quite peaceful there.

here is the link: http://www.redfin.com/IL/Hanover-Park/1713-De-Forest-Ln-60133/unit-1713/home/21785775

So worse case if it does not close by July, is that we move back in with Davids parents for a couple months while saving up more money. It may take a while, but I'm looking forward to practically no neighbours and NO ONE NEAR MY BEDROOM OR STOMPING OVER MY FRACKING HEAD!!!! :)

That's really cute - cleaning is nothing when you know you're doing it for you! A week would have that place sparkling and with your choice of paint colours it'll be awesome! Yay new house possibilities (ps I may have ahd a little too much sugar, but I'm still excited for you :) )

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

The house is lovely, Kimbear. Did you put in an offer? And, wow. I can't believe the price!

That's what I was thinking! What a great property for the price. It doesn't look like it needs any significant work at all. It looks like a cute house and a great deal Kimbear!

Good things come to those who wait, right? :)

Great house for a great price! Looks like it's in awesome condition for a short sale (some of them are naaaasty). So exciting!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline

Wow that is a great deal! I don't think that would buy a garage in NJ!

Good luck with the negotiations, hope it all works out for you.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

so the people that own it bought it for 165k back in 2006. and our Realtor did a cma and said its worth 94k now the people that live in it haven't ever cleaned it in a year it looks like and there are a few minor issues with the kids room. door has a hole in it wall has a couple small holes in it. etc. same with the stairs they are in rough condition. and you can tell nothing has had any maintenance done to it like the furnace vents etc. but the furnace and water heater are newer. so is the roof windows etc. all redone since 2008.

so we are going to sign the offer tonight and its for 60k, we have some leeway above that price, but we'll see if it gets a nibble since ours is the first offer. i would think after starting the forclosure process back in August, the bank or whoever would want to get rid of it rather then incur all the extra fees time etc, but i'm a newb at this short sale stuff :)

That's what I was thinking! What a great property for the price. It doesn't look like it needs any significant work at all. It looks like a cute house and a great deal Kimbear!

Good things come to those who wait, right? :)

Ya know..that is exactly what David kept telling me during the immigration process too!!! :lol: I really have a good feeling about this house.

Is it bad that i already looked at some paint colours? :blush:

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

you seem very excited about the house I hope you get it!!!1 Good luck :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

They also just dropped the price a week ago, so make sure your realtor double checks for offers! A lot of people jump on a house when it's been dropped price wise.

Mar 22, 2011 Price Changed $70,000 -- MRED #076101**

Jan 20, 2011 Price Changed $85,000 -- MRED #076101**

Aug 16, 2010 Listed (New) $92,000 -- MRED #076101**

Timeline

Is your realtor sure there have been no offers? That long on the market there's sure to have been at least one. Do they mean there's been no offers accepted? That seems more likely.

that's what i thought too. but she says no one has put an offer in, which is why the price has been reduced 3 times. i asked her to do some more research, as it sounded a tad ..well..fishy might not be the right word..but i think someone is renting it out...no one was home most of the furniture is gone BUT there was a car with a texas plate parked right in front blocking the stairs, and laundry all over the house and banister.

i did some searching of my own via the assessor site, and deed site, and it shows the lis pending action starting last august 25th. and nothing since then. and no tax info since 2008 which is weird, like i can't find a homeowner exemption or anything. there is no home owner assocation in the subdivision, so there are no amounts owing for that either.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Great job on doing your research Kimbear!

Have you officially put an offer in?

Timeline

They also just dropped the price a week ago, so make sure your realtor double checks for offers! A lot of people jump on a house when it's been dropped price wise.

Mar 22, 2011 Price Changed $70,000 -- MRED #076101**

Jan 20, 2011 Price Changed $85,000 -- MRED #076101**

Aug 16, 2010 Listed (New) $92,000 -- MRED #076101**

right that's why we looked at it and are making the offer, she said she spoke with the agent yesterday and was told again no offers and that no one has gone to see it recently either.

Great job on doing your research Kimbear!

Have you officially put an offer in?

we are going after work to sign the paperwork. so tonight :)

i know how to buy a house in Canada lol my uncle was a real estate agent, but the US system is very different especially when it comes to short sales / foreclosures. my hubby thinks I'm nuts for all the research I've been doing LOL

HWDWm6.png

Hey, I did a TON of research too! Even when we were in the underwriting process, I was googling our underwriter, the FHA process, etc. It made me feel better about the whole process.

Good luck! Signing those papers is a bit daunting....

Timeline

Well, so far so good, the sellers agreed to our price which is 13k below asking, they refused the home warranty which i figured they would, but it was worth a shot, and we should be going over to the Realtor Monday Tuesday to hand over the earnest money which David's dad is "Gifting" us.

Now all we have to do is hope the Lender okies the price since its a short sale. we have time to wait for a bit in our apartment. 3 months about. I can only hope since its just a matter of ONLY then accepting and negotiating price that it wont take longer than that, but i know it can. But so far so good eh? :)

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.