killing distance

K1 Vermonters let's move-on.now !!!

163 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Retweeting as well as tweeting your own tweets, creates more for the parties we are tweeting to read as well as spreads the issue through twitter and followers. The more people aware of the issue the more likely we will be to see some sort of action, and the more tweets the USCIS, Obama, Senators, Representatives, and all the powers that be get, the more they realize this is an issue that must be addressed.

03/18/11 - Mailed I-129f to Texas

03/21/11 - Received By Texas

03/24/11 - NOA1 - VSC

03/28/11 - Check Cashed

03/29/11 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

07/05/11 - Email of NOA2 Approval!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm new to twitter. But for me, I would like to tweet it myself with my own words, so they can understand more about us. and what they still waiting for?

Agreed, I've already tweeted twice in my kinda own words ;)

Retweeting as well as tweeting your own tweets, creates more for the parties we are tweeting to read as well as spreads the issue through twitter and followers. The more people aware of the issue the more likely we will be to see some sort of action, and the more tweets the USCIS, Obama, Senators, Representatives, and all the powers that be get, the more they realize this is an issue that must be addressed.

Thanks, so I will re-tweet as much as i can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So does re-tweeting someone elses tweet accomplish the same thing as if we tweeted it ourself? I made my own tweets, but if I went down the line re-tweeting others what does that do?

hi :)

retweeting others twit it amplifies the K1Vermonters group, but with other peoples words. tweet your own words if you like but make sure you put #K1Vermonters

i normally do my own tweets...than after i empty my creativity i retweet others. :)

:thumbs:

Don't use twitter that much, but made a new account and tossed one up.

I'd like to see more attention to the petitions at both service centers, but I made sure to include the #K1Vermonters as well.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Can we get a good solid list of people who we should be tweeting?

I'm from Vermont itself, so I've been tweeting:

@USCIS

@BarackObama

@WhiteHouse

@VTGovernor

@SenatorLeahy

@SenatorSanders

@NancyPelosi

Any others who may be good to target in our twitter riot? #K1Vermonts Unite!

Also you can follow me @joshuanordman

Edited by mclovincup

03/18/11 - Mailed I-129f to Texas

03/21/11 - Received By Texas

03/24/11 - NOA1 - VSC

03/28/11 - Check Cashed

03/29/11 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

07/05/11 - Email of NOA2 Approval!

Dizzy's VJ TWITTER LESSON

Ok, gang. So a lot of you are brand new to twitter. So I wanted to give a rundown of what exactly twitter is and how it works.

1. The site is www.twitter.com

2. The sign up is simple. All you need is a valid email address and a catchy idea for a user name. Sign up. Verify. And you're ready to tweet.

xo2ofk.png

3. Twitter is based on a very simple idea: 140 character status updates:

snozth.png

4. If you put "@" immediately in front of any twitter user's name (i.e. "@USCIS"), the user will receive your tweet via notification. This is called a "mention" (get it? you are "mentioning" @USCIS in your tweet). If the user is so inclined, they can see the entire list of these "mentions" by clicking on their "mentions" tab from the home page.

etyutl.png

5. You can fortify your tweets by adding a "hash-tag". A hashtag is any word used in your tweet that is made clickable by adding the "#" sign in front of it. It basically turns whatever word you have put "#" in front of into a searchable keyword. For example, If you are tweeting this status update "Man, I really love chocolate icecream" and changed it to "Man, I really love chocolate #icecream". the word "icecream" would become a clickable link and anyone could click on it to find other tweets that have the same "hashtag" in it. So, for example...if we clicked on #icecream, we may get to see a list of 300 tweets that are talking about icecream! (this can sometimes be really hilarious)

ru4c61.png

6. Trending topics. Trending topics are advertised hashtags. They occur when thousands of people are talking about the same hash-tag. For example, when Egypt overthrew their president, they used the hashtag "#Egypt". After thousands of tweets containing the hashtag "#Egypt" had accumulated, the hashtag become a clickable link advertised to the entire world. People clicked on it to see what people were talking about, and that's how we found out that Egypt was trying to overthrow their president.

So, What does this mean for us?

We can create our OWN hashtag and start our OWN trending topic. Luckily, the USCIS has a twitter page located at www.twitter.com/USCIS.

In order for our tweets to become a trending topic, we must all be using the same #hashtag. I suggest we use #VSCBacklog. For those of you NOT at VSC, you can still use the #VSCBacklog to help us trend the topic, while still adding your own flavor to your tweet.

For example "@USCIS My petition is in limbo at CSC!!! Please speed up the I129F Process! #VSCBacklog" Although the backlog does not apply to you, you can still piggy back onto our trending topic to make sure your tweet is seen by millions when our tweets become a trending topic.

It's is also VERY IMPORTANT that you have a profile picture for your twitter. Many times, twitter is bombarded by spambots. A spam bot is an advertisement robot posing as a twitter user. They almost NEVER have profile pictures. In order to be taken seriously (i.e. human) on twitter, it's imperative that you add some sort of profile picture. In this case, a picture of you and your honey would be wonderful (and applicable).

If you have any questions about how to tweet, please ask! I'd love to help.

And remember, it doesn't matter WHAT you say, just so long as you have "#VSCBacklog" somewhere in your tweet, your tweets WILL BE GROUPED with everyone else's.

Good luck! :)

Edited by DiZZyLoX

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

RE-TWEETS

Re-tweets are probably the EASIEST, FASTEST, and BEST way to turn 500 tweets into 1,000 tweets. Re-tweets is when you quote someone else's tweet by clicking the "Re-tweet" button directly under their tweet. This action will automatically post that tweet and it DOES COUNT as a brand new tweet.

2encl5l.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm using an alter twitter. You guys can fallow me so I can fallow back to make some retweeting action as well!

@DeestersBee

God bless!

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Dizzy's VJ TWITTER LESSON

And remember, it doesn't matter WHAT you say, just so long as you have "#VSCBacklog" somewhere in your tweet, your tweets WILL BE GROUPED with everyone else's.

Good luck! :)

I thought we are using #k1Vermonters. I would suggest to not split the count , just checked and they are a lot so far ...?!

event.png

I am just confused about what the goal of this exercise is? What will this achieve?

If don't ask the answer is always a NO. In other words, if you don't do anything about it nothing is ever done. The more complains they get the more they will look into it. That's how government institutions work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In addition to @USCIS @BarackObama @WhiteHouse, should we start including our own congressman and senators? Sorry new to twitter…

I did. Twitted my representative and one of the senators (I have contacted them before, but got nowhere with it.

So does it make sense to twit again the same things to the same people today? What do you think?

09-20-10 NOA1

04-06-11 NOA2

04-12-11 Received in NVC

04-14-11 Left NVC

04-25-11 I emailed the embassy

04-27-11 Embassy responded with interview date (06-23-11)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.