siasimba

New York City AOS timeline & Interviews

996 posts in this topic

Any wisdom or experience on biometric walk-ins at the Varick St. location? I got my biometrics letter with an appointment date in mid-January, and would like to try a walk-in. Any tips on what time of day or what day of the week works best/worst? Also, given it's the holidays, do you think it'll be harder than normal? Thanks! :)

Adjusting from F1 based on Marriage to USC
FedEx AOS package to Chicago Lockbox: Dec. 7, 2011
FedEx confirmation: Dec. 9, 2011
E-notification: Dec. 14, 2011
Checks cashed: Dec. 15, 2011
NOA1's received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Letter received: Dec. 19, 2011
Biometrics Walk-in: Dec. 27, 2011
EAD in card-production: Feb. 28, 2012
AP approved: Feb. 28, 2012
EAD & AP combo card received: Mar. 8, 2012
Interview date: May 3, 2012
E-notification of I-130 approval: May 8, 2012
Receive Green Card: May 16, 2012

Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

FedEx I-571 package to Vermont: Apr. 7, 2014

NOA Receipt Date: Apr. 9, 2014

Check cashed: Apr. 11, 2014

NOA Received: Apr. 12, 2014

Biometrics Appt.: May 8, 2014

ROC approval letter received: Oct. 21, 2014

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Any wisdom or experience on biometric walk-ins at the Varick St. location? I got my biometrics letter with an appointment date in mid-January, and would like to try a walk-in. Any tips on what time of day or what day of the week works best/worst? Also, given it's the holidays, do you think it'll be harder than normal? Thanks! :)

I came here to post the exact same thing. I have a biometrics appointment at the Varick location on Jan 13th, but gonna attempt a walk in this week. I did a search on google I found most people were able to do so, while one had a bad experience.

Anyone that did a walk in there please share your experience :)

happy holidays to all!

Green card through marriage process:

Dec 6th 2011(day 0): Sent AOS package
Dec 12th (day 6): Appt received
Dec 15th (day 9): Received txts/emails
Dec 20th (day 14): NOA1 received
Dec 22th (day 16): Biometrics appt received scheduled for Jan 13th
Dec 28th (day 22): Biometrics walk-in at Varick location in NYC
Feb 14th 2012 (day 70): I-765 case update: EAD Card production
Feb 17th (day 73): I-765 case update: EAD Card production (again?)
Feb 21st (day 77): I-765 case update: EAD mailed by USPS
Feb 24th (day 80): EAD delivered!!!
Feb 27th (day 83): Applied for a SS card
Mar 2nd (day 87): SS card in hand
Mar28th (day 113): Interview date received through txt/ email for May 3rd
May 3rd (day 149): Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC
May 4th (day 150); txt/email that I-130 was approved!!!
May 16th (day 162): txt/email GC in production
May 19th (day 165): Green Card received!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

April 24th: I-751 Sent to Vermont center

April 25th: I-751 Received

Nov 14th: RFE Received

Jan 23rd 2015: RFE Responded

Feb 12th 2015: Decision date on I-797: APPROVED!

Feb 17th 2015: Card production ordered

Feb 26th 2015: 10 year green card received

That's really funny! My scheduled date is 1/13 too. I'm going to try to go tomorrow... it seems that people have had success going first thing in the morning OR in the afternoon at Varick. So I guess I'll just go whenever I can and hope it works. Post your experience if you end up going as well, and so will I! :)

I came here to post the exact same thing. I have a biometrics appointment at the Varick location on Jan 13th, but gonna attempt a walk in this week. I did a search on google I found most people were able to do so, while one had a bad experience.

Anyone that did a walk in there please share your experience :)

happy holidays to all!

Anyone still waiting for an interview letter? I'm wondering how long ill be waiting ... I'm expecting 2 months but that might be optimistic...

We still haven't received an interview letter yet. You can check out my signature to get an idea of how long it has taken so far.

BTW, you may as well try a walk-in. It does not hurt your case to try although it may not speed things up either :)

Our timeline:

1993: Met at the age of 9, best friends ever since

2007: Admitted what we both knew all along...

December 25,2008: He proposed!!!!

May 9, 2009: Got married

May 10th, 2011: Date that lawyer claimed he mailed out AOS package

July 14th, 2011: Date that lawyer *actually* mailed out AOS package

July 18th, 2011: USCIS started processing our application

July 30th, 2011: Received Biometrics Appointment (8/11/11)

August 1st, 2011: Successful Biometrics walk-in

August 3rd, 2011: Received all NOA hard copies

September 12, 2011: Card production notice for EAD (!!!)

September 13, 2011: I765 touched

September 19, 2011: EAD arrived in the mail

December 28, 2011: Received email notification of our interview date

February 1, 2012: Interview

February 29, 2012: Approval notice via email(!!!)

March 7, 2012: Card arrives in the mail (!!!)

Timeline

That's really funny! My scheduled date is 1/13 too. I'm going to try to go tomorrow... it seems that people have had success going first thing in the morning OR in the afternoon at Varick. So I guess I'll just go whenever I can and hope it works. Post your experience if you end up going as well, and so will I! :)

I'm gonna go tomorrow (Wednesday), I hope all went well with you there today, I'm curious to hear about it :)

Removal of Conditions:

I'm gonna go tomorrow (Wednesday), I hope all went well with you there today, I'm curious to hear about it :)

I did a successful walk-in today at the Varick street office! I got there around 10 AM. The security guard on the first floor lobby was very friendly. As soon as he saw the letter in my hand, he let me go through to the security check without checking the date.

Then I took an elevator up to the 10th floor. As soon as I got off the elevator, I saw another employee sitting at a desk right in front of the elevators. He was also super friendly and waved me towards room 1023.

When I got to the room, there was a woman at a desk right by the door who looked at my letter, and gave me a form to fill out. Again, she was super friendly! I filled out my form and she directed me to another table, at which sat another woman.

This woman looked at my letter and said, "Why are you here so early?" I said, "Because I'm not sure I can make it for that date," which is true. She said "If you can't make it, then you're suppose to request another date. You can't just show up whenever you want. It's not fair to other people." She was not very happy with me. I was really afraid that she was going to make me go away, but then she said, "I'll do it just this time, but starting next year... we're not doing walk-ins anymore." I nodded and went to sit down in the waiting area.

I waited for maybe 1 minute before my number was called and I got up to do fingerprints and pictures.

At the end they asked me to fill out a survey about their service and I said the service was excellent, because truly everyone was super nice, and even though the one woman almost did not let me go through, she was ultimately kind enough to give me permission to do it today, and she was just trying to enforce the rules.

But I think this might mean that in 2012, early walk-ins at Varick might not be so easy to do. :(

Timeline

I did a successful walk-in today at the Varick street office! I got there around 10 AM. The security guard on the first floor lobby was very friendly. As soon as he saw the letter in my hand, he let me go through to the security check without checking the date.

Then I took an elevator up to the 10th floor. As soon as I got off the elevator, I saw another employee sitting at a desk right in front of the elevators. He was also super friendly and waved me towards room 1023.

When I got to the room, there was a woman at a desk right by the door who looked at my letter, and gave me a form to fill out. Again, she was super friendly! I filled out my form and she directed me to another table, at which sat another woman.

This woman looked at my letter and said, "Why are you here so early?" I said, "Because I'm not sure I can make it for that date," which is true. She said "If you can't make it, then you're suppose to request another date. You can't just show up whenever you want. It's not fair to other people." She was not very happy with me. I was really afraid that she was going to make me go away, but then she said, "I'll do it just this time, but starting next year... we're not doing walk-ins anymore." I nodded and went to sit down in the waiting area.

I waited for maybe 1 minute before my number was called and I got up to do fingerprints and pictures.

At the end they asked me to fill out a survey about their service and I said the service was excellent, because truly everyone was super nice, and even though the one woman almost did not let me go through, she was ultimately kind enough to give me permission to do it today, and she was just trying to enforce the rules.

But I think this might mean that in 2012, early walk-ins at Varick might not be so easy to do. :(

Thats great, now I know what to expect, well tomorrow is still 2011 so according to her own words she will probably let me through as well :) though I'm sure she will tell me the same thing lol thank you for your report, I will write mine tomorrow!

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

My walk-in was successful today :) It went pretty similar to what Up and away described, excepted that I got there at 1:30. After the security check, (which didn't care about the date on my appointment letter), I took the elevator do the 10th floor and there was another guard that pointed to the room 1023. It's a pretty big room, right by the door there was another guard that checked my passport and letter, again, didn't bother with the date, and gave me a form to fill out.

Once I brought it back to him he pointed me to a table right in the middle of the room where a woman picked up the form and checked my id once again. She then told me to take a sit on the left side of the room where there was no one else waiting. There were some people seating on the right side but I suppose they were there from something else.

After a minute she called me and pointed me to the station for the fingerprints right behind her in the back middle of the room. She was pretty nice, until she noticed the date on my appointment, she was like "you pretty early...why?" I said it was because I was off work today and she was like "So? we not gonna do this anymore in the future." I think she's the same officer that attended Up and away. So she took the fingerprints and my picture, and at the end she said something like "Consider this a courtesy" because of the walk in. She then gave me my passport and letter back, I wasn't given a survey. There was a pile of booklets by her station, I thought she was gonna give me one, but she didn't, I don't know what they were about.

Removal of Conditions:

Woohoo! :dance: Congratulations for getting through! So the same officer who said "Consider this a courtesy" is the one that did your fingerprints and picture? I had a different woman do my fingerprints and picture, and this was the woman who gave me a survey.

I'm curious to see if they will begin to turn away walk-ins in 2012.

My walk-in was successful today :) It went pretty similar to what Up and away described, excepted that I got there at 1:30. After the security check, (which didn't care about the date on my appointment letter), I took the elevator do the 10th floor and there was another guard that pointed to the room 1023. It's a pretty big room, right by the door there was another guard that checked my passport and letter, again, didn't bother with the date, and gave me a form to fill out.

Once I brought it back to him he pointed me to a table right in the middle of the room where a woman picked up the form and checked my id once again. She then told me to take a sit on the left side of the room where there was no one else waiting. There were some people seating on the right side but I suppose they were there from something else.

After a minute she called me and pointed me to the station for the fingerprints right behind her in the back middle of the room. She was pretty nice, until she noticed the date on my appointment, she was like "you pretty early...why?" I said it was because I was off work today and she was like "So? we not gonna do this anymore in the future." I think she's the same officer that attended Up and away. So she took the fingerprints and my picture, and at the end she said something like "Consider this a courtesy" because of the walk in. She then gave me my passport and letter back, I wasn't given a survey. There was a pile of booklets by her station, I thought she was gonna give me one, but she didn't, I don't know what they were about.

Congrats on the successful walk ins, guys! I understand not wanting people to just flout the rules but if they're not busy why not let people do their biometrics early? It is still at their discretions.

By the way, we got our interview letter alert via email today!! It is set for February first. I am nervous but excited, the DH isn't worried at all (of course not, he never is). Time to start brushing up on those questions and getting our documents together...

Our timeline:

Does anyone know where they are as far as the dates they are up to? The processing times haven't been updated in a while. I can see from other VJ member's timelines (well, atleast one so far) that they've made it up to July 2011? Anyone else? My priority date Aug 1, 2011, so hopefully I'll get the interview soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

07/25/2011: Married!

07/29/2011: I-130, 485, and EAD application sent to Chicago Lockbox

08/01/2011: Packet arrived and accepted

08/10/2011: NOA for all 3 arrived

08/15/2011: Biometrics notice arrives

08/17/2011: Successful walk in at ASC (Original date: 08/29)

09/02/2011: Wondering when will my file be touched.....

02/15/2012: Interview Day!!!

02/15/2012: Got my card!!

Does anyone know where they are as far as the dates they are up to? The processing times haven't been updated in a while. I can see from other VJ member's timelines (well, atleast one so far) that they've made it up to July 2011? Anyone else? My priority date Aug 1, 2011, so hopefully I'll get the interview soon. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

Have you received EAD and AP yet?

Congrats on the successful walk ins, guys! I understand not wanting people to just flout the rules but if they're not busy why not let people do their biometrics early? It is still at their discretions.

By the way, we got our interview letter alert via email today!! It is set for February first. I am nervous but excited, the DH isn't worried at all (of course not, he never is). Time to start brushing up on those questions and getting our documents together...

Congrats! It's coming up! My husband is the same way --not worried at all. It makes me worry even more! He's not exactly good with remembering dates. :wacko:

Congrats! It's coming up! My husband is the same way --not worried at all. It makes me worry even more! He's not exactly good with remembering dates. :wacko:

Seriously, his attitude is always "we'll cross that bridge when we get to it" which is so not my style!

BigDaddyKane, you probably can expect your interview to be scheduled late Feb or early March. I expected ours to be in late January so Feb 1st is not too far off.

Our timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey all!

I am on the same boat as most of you, so I thought I'd drop a line to get my timeline in for your reference. I filed in May and currently they're shuffling my employment based file around!

Employment based case:

Pending since 08/2006 ~ WITHDRAWN on 12/01/11, forwarded to local office on 01/10/12

Family based case:

05/31/11 ~ I-130 & I-485 & I-765 & I-131 Packet received by NBC

06/09/11 ~ NOA received from NBC

06/17/11 ~ Biometrics letter received for appt date 7/11 (ASC: Woodside, NY)

06/20/11 ~ Walk-in biometrics done

09/13/11 ~ EAD & AP Approved

11/09/11 ~ Interview

12/28/11 ~ I-130 approved

01/26/12 ~ I-485 service request opened

01/30/12 ~ Contacted senator

02/07/12 ~ I-485 approval email

02/10/12 ~ CPO email

02/11/12 ~ Welcome notice received

02/13/12 ~ Card mailed

02/16/12 ~ Card received!

Hi BigDaddyKane, have you received your EAD and AP yet? If so, when? Thanks and good luck on getting an interview soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.