famille

re-filing for future husband

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi all,

Well, maybe someone can help me with this...can I file for my soon to be husband eventhough I once filed for a fiance (things didn't work between us before he entered the US) in the past two years? The petition was not found at the NVC or w/ immigration. The embassy has been closed or not available via phone. Will USCIS deny my new petition for present hubby? :wacko:

ANY advise would be appreciated! Thanks!!

[

Filed: Timeline
The petition was not found at the NVC, nor with immigration.

This seems a bit tad strange. Would anyone agree?

Maybe they told you this on purpose, to see what your next move will be.

Sheesh! In the groove again. Have you ever considered how many MAOIs it might take to reroute those thoughts? :lol:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Have you ever considered how many MAOIs it might take to reroute those thoughts? :lol:

PMSL!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Sheesh! In the groove again. Have you ever considered how many MAOIs it might take to reroute those thoughts?
PMSL!

Just stop and think about it for a second, from the 'CIS's point of view.

1. USC files a fiance visa for her future husband, which she then cancels prior to his arrival, b/c "things weren't working out."

2. Then, same USC files a second fiance visa for the same future husband, b/c "things are now working out."

B/c there was no record of it, the 'CIS didn't know that a first petition even existed. But now, thanks to her, they do. I bet they questioned her 'til no end, gathering as much first-hand info. as possible about her first petition, as it relates to her second one.

Sheesh! In the groove again. Have you ever considered how many MAOIs it might take to reroute those thoughts?
PMSL!

Just stop and think about it for a second, from the 'CIS's point of view.

1. USC files a fiance visa for her future husband, which she then cancels prior to his arrival, b/c "things weren't working out."

2. Then, same USC files a second fiance visa for the same future husband, b/c "things are now working out."

B/c there was no record of it, the 'CIS didn't know that a first petition even existed. But now, thanks to her, they do. I bet they questioned her 'til no end, gathering as much first-hand info. as possible about her first petition, as it relates to her second one.

For clarity, the ex-fiance'f files are or may no longer exist at the embassy. This has been over a year now and they consider it closed since he did not respond to any of their requests. Even I could not find him after a period of time. That's really what ended the relationship. We were not strangers and grew up in the same neighborhood. I moved on.

New beau is a MD, widower and was an ex until we decided to rekindle our relationship from prior his departure to medical school. Now, we want to continue towards a life together; looking towards a real future together. His a kind gentleman, a friend and we always kept in touch throughout the years. We did not plan for a relationship-but we are happy we gave it a chance. Now, as our wedding is approaching,

I wanted to look towards making everything legal so there are no complications in the future. GIven I will be married with him regardless of USCIS, just wanted to know which route to take in light of my particular situation. Hope this clears the air...and makes more sense to all.

[

shouldn't be much of a problem at all, as long as you fill in the forms truthfully, and your currenct boyfriend is aware of the previous petition, because it is likely he will be asked at interview about it.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

For clarity, the ex-fiance's files are or may no longer exist at the embassy.

Didn't you say the embassy was closed?

If:

Well, maybe someone can help me with this. Can I file again for my soon to be husband, even though I once before filed for another fiance (things didn't work out between us before he entered the US) in the past two years?

Then:

Even I could not find him, after a period of time. That's what really ended the relationship. We were not strangers and grew up in the same neighborhood. I moved on.

What really ended the relationship; his disappearing act or things between the two of you not working out? Why would two people who grew up together in the same neighborhood, have known each other for so many years, keeping in contact and staying in touch throughout all those the years, suddenly and so abruptly just end things?

This was well over a year ago now and they consider it closed, since he did not respond to any of their requests.

How do you know this? I thought the petition wasn't found by them!

He is a kind gentleman, a friend and we always kept in touch throughout the years.

So you kept in touch with the ex and not with your childhood friend?

Edited by dmartmar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.