lodidodi

k1 visa. delay

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello friends on vj ! Well I do not want anybody to take any issue personal , anyway all I want to know now is does it mean that I have been approved a visa already and they want to do some other checks or It is an open case? Since I have been interviewed and my case needed further AP .

** Please stick to the topic at hand and be mindful of your posts (and please post responsibly or refrain from posting). Thank you in advance everyone. Topic will remain under moderator review for a period of time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

please stop the bickering - it is distracting from the Original Poster's thread and content and has no place in the immigration forums.

Visa Journey is an experiential based forum. There will be comments made with which others may not agree but that does not necessarily mean that the information is incorrect or the advice wrong. It is not appropriate, however, to tell others who are providing information not to participate. While we wish everyone would be considerate with their comments, people do have different posting styles and what one may see as overly blunt and abrasive, others may see as honestly realistic. Regardless, it is inappropriate for any Visa Journey member to attack other posters. You can express your disagreement with the contents of their messages but you do not have the right to make personal attacks or comments against them. It is also important to remember that while we each have our personal preferences, no one country is 'better' or 'worse' than another, especially when that is the country where your loved one lives. We are a multi-cultural site and it is best to remember this when posting.

Moderator hat off . . .

Unfortunately, there are countries considered by US immigration to be 'high fraud' based upon their experiences there. Nigeria is one of these countries. Applicants from these countries do face longer delays and closer scrutiny than applicants from countries considered less risky. It is next to impossible to provide any reasonable time frame on how long this extra scrutiny may take as each situation is different. The best advice for the OP is to be patient and hang on. Keep contacting DOS for regular updates and keep working on your relationship. As unfair as it is, you will be held to a higher standard to prove the validity of your relationship than couples from other countries so it is best to be aware and to be prepared, regardless of how unsatisfying it is to hear this news. You have the opportunity while you wait to create and gather more evidence to show the strength of your relationship.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

High fraud countries, which you are from, always go through extra scrutiny. This should have been known to you.

He joined yesterday. Perhaps if he had been around here for a couple years like you than it should be known. :bonk:

If you don't know if your country is on the list, or know about country-sepcific requirements....then shame on you since all that informatino is available on the respective VJ regional forum.

Again: :bonk:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello friends on vj ! Well I do not want anybody to take any issue personal , anyway all I want to know now is does it mean that I have been approved a visa already and they want to do some other checks or It is an open case? Since I have been interviewed and my case needed further AP .

Sri for upsetting others on this thread and welcome to VJ. If you have had your interview and they retained your passport, then that is usually a good sign. As you have learned, more AP is usual and is not a surprise from this Embassy. I can not say how long this additional AP will take but urge you to move over to the specific regional forum (see lower down on this page) and you can converse and read about others' specific experiences to your Embassy. Good luck.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Hi vj, I just remembered an issue that happened to me on my interview date, I want to share with you all , I forgot to fill DS-156 and DS-156k form on my interview day but I was given the form to fill on the spot and I filled my fiance's phone number wrongly and left some question in the form unfilled , could it be why my case had to go through AP?

Timeline

Hi vj, I just remembered an issue that happened to me on my interview date, I want to share with you all , I forgot to fill DS-156 and DS-156k form on my interview day but I was given the form to fill on the spot and I filled my fiance's phone number wrongly and left some question in the form unfilled , could it be why my case had to go through AP?

Timeline

Thanks. Vj, my fiance called DOS and she was told that we have to be patient that so many people called having same issue , she further saying that there might be background check or so, that they will contact us at anytime , AP takes longer or less time depending on each individual cases.

Timeline

First of all my fiance asked for an advice and not to start an argument about Russia and Nigeria. Every Country has its problems and Russia is not exempt from it! My fiance, who lives in Nigeria and I were never told how long does the AP process take. For the last four months, we have been waiting and waiting without a decent reply from the Embassy. It is frustrating. I have called the DOS office and I was told to wait, the status of our case is still in process. The rep I talked to told me that some woman had called so many times that they knew each other on first name bases.

What I realize now is that it could take up to a year. Well, we are four months into it so that leaves about eight to go...Please pray for us! and please no need to point fingers at each other, we are all God's creations.

LT

Timeline

The last e mail I got from embassy was "we apologize for the delay refrain from sending e mail as soon as we have finished administrative processing will contact you and schedule an appointment" my fiance is really pissed and myself please advice on what to do ..

YOUR fiance is learning to be patient after reading all the comments on this site. I am no longer pissed off but would rather have you here with me of course...PRAY AP will soon be over (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

i think those of us with 221g in Lagos should all post here and keep each other informed.

we also got the exact response from US embassy; not to contact them.

we have been in AP for 5mths now.

no news yet till now besides that they are not yet done with the process.

I-129F - Jan 2010

NOA 1- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

NOA 1 hardcopy- Feb 2010

NOA 2- April 2010

NOA 2 Hardcopy received- April 2010

NVC received- April 2010

NVC Called- April 2010 new casenumber

NVC sent to Lagos???

Packet 3 and 4 -2010

Medical-2010

1st Interview-October 2010-221g

2nd Interview- Sept 2011-denied

CR1????

Timeline

that is something 4mths- very disheathening. keep up the faith.

i thought by now others with 221g in lagos at least over 3mths would have chipped in by saying their wait period; that way we know the pattern trending in Lagos and be able to encourage one another.

I-129F - Jan 2010

NOA 1- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

touched- Feb 2010

NOA 1 hardcopy- Feb 2010

NOA 2- April 2010

NOA 2 Hardcopy received- April 2010

NVC received- April 2010

NVC Called- April 2010 new casenumber

NVC sent to Lagos???

Packet 3 and 4 -2010

Medical-2010

1st Interview-October 2010-221g

2nd Interview- Sept 2011-denied

CR1????

Timeline

Listen.....yes Russians are better than Nigerians but I have nothing against Nigerians.

Nigeria is on the known high visa fraud countries list. It is. Look it up. Those always always go through intense scrutiny and extra AP. It's a fact. I was only stating the facts. If you don't know if your country is on the list, or know about country-sepcific requirements....then shame on you since all that informatino is available on the respective VJ regional forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.