rek pooh

How important are multiple visits?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think the concern is that if you are wrong and people took the advice to heart, then it could be consequential for them (i.e. - buying a plane ticket expecting a visa very soon, and having difficulties because of that). Bottom line - everyone is trying to help in their own way.

who will buy a ticket ? excuse me but this is really silly action , even in the official website they warn people to not do that .

when i said normally ! I was talking about how much time between they tell you YES , congratulation and giving you your passport back with the visa , this is what i said from the beginning and I have no other way to explain it if you are refusing to hear what i am saying

even in the interview when they say congratulation they say come tomorrow at 15h00 or they say come back to pick up your visa next Wednesday for example if they accept your case on Monday

It didn't happen for my husband and me, and he's older than me and we have no red flags, etc.

It did not happen for family members where the petitioner was Moroccan American male citizen and the beneficiary was Moroccan female. They had to wait a long time, and they had 0 red flags.

Point being there's no guarantee what will happen, so it's dangerous to say there is a "norm" that should be followed and planned upon.

exactly my point ! u r not a consul neither me , if you are telling me that my experience is wrong or rare then i can say the same about yours! since you are trying to convince me the opposite by mentioning your experience only not a quote from an official website or person

so i hope for u guys to be less attacking me !

note : i wonder what did u think that i said a 'norm '? i'am talking about the time of getting back ur passport after a positive interview ! are you ?

Edited by karima and abdul

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Yes, we're talking about the same thing - from approval til visa in hand.

I hear what you're saying, and I'm not telling you you're wrong. I'm saying you should call your experience the "normal" for Casa.

No need to capitalize and bold everything. It implies that you are screaming. I can read fine in the normal font and shade. Relax, we all get the point that there are various scenarios that happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

note : i wonder what did u think that i said a 'norm '? i'am talking about the time of getting back ur passport after a positive interview ! are you ?

Yes, everyone is talking about the same situation. Most often, the FBI name check is not complete at the time of interview. The result of the interview is either a denial (sent back to USCIS) or an approval (pending additional processing which usually includes the name check). After an approval, occasionally people will receive the visa as soon as the next day, but this is rare (out of the VJ population at least). Usually (again, speaking of the VJ population), the visa takes from a couple of weeks to several months to be issued. Now, if your experience is with marriage and fiance visas of Moroccans in the U.S. bringing over their SO's, then it's possible that what you are saying is true - that's a smaller sample of the VJ population, and maybe the experience of that group is different. What everyone here is trying to clarify is that your typical beneficiary reading VJ will not get the visa the day immediately following an approval.

Tourist visas are a different story and as far as I know, it usually happens the way that you've described.

Timeline

Barakallahu fiki, your posts are helpful and I understand what you are saying. Insha'allah, that is the normal time when they are approved...not if they say come back for another interview or bring papers...etc.

i think you are the only person who understood what i was trying to say , maybe because u read all posts carefully :blush:

i pray for your fiance to have an easy interview , i'm out of here because is no need to defend myself more since you got me

salam alikom

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

While I find this statement completely baseless and inflammatory, I will concede that women from MENA have an easier time with visas.

I don't know about 'inflammatory' but frankly, I don't think that her statement about male beneficiaries having a harder time due to an atypical relationship is baseless at all. Apart from additional security checks for the male beneficiaries, I have always assumed that the reason that APs last as long as they do is because those cases are not the norm for that region/culture. And I'd think that's a safe assumption to make and holds true for a lot of regions.

I do know for a fact that this is certainly true for the New Delhi Embassy (which is a high-fraud consulate as compared to Consulates in Calcutta, Chennai or Bombay) and ANYTHING out of the ordinary (prior divorce, kids, online courtship, different race/religion, large age gap etc) is almost guaranteed to place you in AP. I can count nearly ten couples of the top of my head (VJ and personal) who've had a lot of trouble going through NWD because their cases didn't exactly fit the norm.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I do know for a fact that this is certainly true for the New Delhi Embassy (which is a high-fraud consulate as compared to Consulates in Calcutta, Chennai or Bombay) ...

Not that it matters but the consulate in Kolkata doesn't have an IV unit. Indian citizens who live in that region have to apply with the IV unit in Mumbai.

I don't know about 'inflammatory' but frankly, I don't think that her statement about male beneficiaries having a harder time due to an atypical relationship is baseless at all. Apart from additional security checks for the male beneficiaries, I have always assumed that the reason that APs last as long as they do is because those cases are not the norm for that region/culture. And I'd think that's a safe assumption to make and holds true for a lot of regions.

I do know for a fact that this is certainly true for the New Delhi Embassy (which is a high-fraud consulate as compared to Consulates in Calcutta, Chennai or Bombay) and ANYTHING out of the ordinary (prior divorce, kids, online courtship, different race/religion, large age gap etc) is almost guaranteed to place you in AP. I can count nearly ten couples of the top of my head (VJ and personal) who've had a lot of trouble going through NWD because their cases didn't exactly fit the norm.

If fraud was suspected vs the run of the mill namecheck/AR/AP then (in Morocco at least) they would send the petition back. Not saying this is how it happens in ALL cases - but this is the norm. The statement that MENA beneficiaries receive namecheck/AR/AP because they suspect fraud does not jive with all the anecdotal evidence on this site.

Additionally - we have seen countless interviews that ended with YES, but still had to wait for namecheck. It's not always

Yes---->visa! Its *usually* YES---->processing namecheck/fingerprints, etc----> visa.

Edited by LaL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If fraud was suspected vs the run of the mill namecheck/AR/AP then (in Morocco at least) they would send the petition back. Not saying this is how it happens in ALL cases - but this is the norm. The statement that MENA beneficiaries receive namecheck/AR/AP because they suspect fraud does not jive with all the anecdotal evidence on this site.

Correct. AP being for suspicion of fraud would mean that we would see people coming off of AP with a denial. I don't know if I've ever seen that happen.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Not that it matters but the consulate in Kolkata doesn't have an IV unit. Indian citizens who live in that region have to apply with the IV unit in Mumbai.

True, and it never made any sense to me. My tourist visa and student visa were issued by the Calcutta NIV unit and for the CR-1, I had to travel to Mumbai. In fact, one of the main reasons I pursued a CR-1 as opposed to an AOS (which would have been far easier and less stressful for us) is because the Calcutta Consulate General convinced me (while I was dithering on the issue) with their 'yes, yes, those CR-1s take only two-three months, Madam.' And then to find out that they don't even issue immigrant visas!

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Timeline

True, and it never made any sense to me. My tourist visa and student visa were issued by the Calcutta NIV unit and for the CR-1, I had to travel to Mumbai. In fact, one of the reasons I pursued a CR-1 as opposed to an AOS (which would have been far easier and less stressful for us) is because the Calcutta Consulate General convinced me with their 'yes, yes, those CR-1s take only two-three months, Madam.' And then to find out that they don't even issue immigrant visas!

The people who answer questions at the Kolkata consulate are a bunch of clowns. My wife's mama is very proud of the fact that he knows many of them personally and introduced me to one gentlemen during a visit to Kolkata. Fiancee visas came up and he told me those illegal now due to fraud :lol:

Timeline

Yes, we're talking about the same thing - from approval til visa in hand.

I hear what you're saying, and I'm not telling you you're wrong. I'm saying you should call your experience the "normal" for Casa.

No need to capitalize and bold everything. It implies that you are screaming. I can read fine in the normal font and shade. Relax, we all get the point that there are various scenarios that happen.

lol i must ask you to relax! you could explain on that way and i would be thanking you , because some how people make it a big issue and start to attack , i dont mean only you

Jenn!

thank you , i like the way you explain things more respectful but i am out of here , i rather to save my energy for other things , since the person who made the topic understood what i was trying to say

trust me ladies you may talk about it all the day and still nobody will get no benefit because only little who tried to explain with facts , chill out its not a war! u could correct me in a better way

Yes, everyone is talking about the same situation. Most often, the FBI name check is not complete at the time of interview. The result of the interview is either a denial (sent back to USCIS) or an approval (pending additional processing which usually includes the name check). After an approval, occasionally people will receive the visa as soon as the next day, but this is rare (out of the VJ population at least). Usually (again, speaking of the VJ population), the visa takes from a couple of weeks to several months to be issued. Now, if your experience is with marriage and fiance visas of Moroccans in the U.S. bringing over their SO's, then it's possible that what you are saying is true - that's a smaller sample of the VJ population, and maybe the experience of that group is different. What everyone here is trying to clarify is that your typical beneficiary reading VJ will not get the visa the day immediately following an approval.

Tourist visas are a different story and as far as I know, it usually happens the way that you've described

i understand you , i respect you

Edited by karima and abdul

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.