rek pooh

How important are multiple visits?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How long did you wait after your visit to file your K-1 paperwork? If I were a CO and saw a 3 month online courtship and a 12 day visit and that's it, I would have questions. With that said, I'm a female petitioning for a male beneficiary and I find it very difficult to step outside of that mindset to evaluate the opposite scenario. If it's true that female beneficiaries do have a much easier time in Casablanca, maybe the time frame would be a non-issue. And of course, if I'm misunderstanding your time frame and you did know each other longer before filing, then disregard all of this!

It sounds like your interview is coming up quickly so at this point there isn't much you can do except prepare and pray. Best of luck to you both!

Masha'Allah...I forgot to mention I knew her for about 5 months before filing. We met online in May and in person in August and filed in October.

It doesn't seem you have too many red flags, IMO, but I would just be cautious that they may question how quickly you filed. I only visited my husband once prior to filing for 13 days. But we did wait another 7 months before filing. We had no issues at all. Unfortunately you are dealing with one of the most unpredictable consulates there is. The best thing you can do is just prepare your fiance well. I would bet you should be fine...but I have seen denials on couples I thought were a "guarantee." Good luck and keep us posted! :thumbs:

Jackie

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I don't know that a booked ticket to visit in the future will help so much, but it might. From what you've described here, it looks like your case has these pros and cons:

Pros:

* You are petitioning for a female beneficiary in MENA, which is usually scrutinized much less harshly than petitions for males

* You are both Muslim

* Neither of you were divorced a relatively short time before deciding to marry

* You do not have a significant age gap

Possible Cons:

* You decided to marry after knowing each other online for only 3 months (although you were unable to complete the marriage in 12 days, so are now filing for K-1)

* You spent only 12 days together in real life

The cons may not be judged in as harsh as light as they are often judged for female petitioners, but they will be definitely be considered as the consulate examines all your details.

You have not stated your own background - are you also of Moroccan heritage? This might help your case.

Also, does your engagement have the approval of your fiancee's family? This can be very important evidence, especially with female beneficiaries in MENA. A letter from her parents stating their support for the marriage might be very helpful, along with photos of you together with her family. Did you have an engagement party?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

I don't know that a booked ticket to visit in the future will help so much, but it might. From what you've described here, it looks like your case has these pros and cons:

Pros:

* You are petitioning for a female beneficiary in MENA, which is usually scrutinized much less harshly than petitions for males

* You are both Muslim

* Neither of you were divorced a relatively short time before deciding to marry

* You do not have a significant age gap

Possible Cons:

* You decided to marry after knowing each other online for only 3 months (although you were unable to complete the marriage in 12 days, so are now filing for K-1)

* You spent only 12 days together in real life

The cons may not be judged in as harsh as light as they are often judged for female petitioners, but they will be definitely be considered as the consulate examines all your details.

You have not stated your own background - are you also of Moroccan heritage? This might help your case.

Also, does your engagement have the approval of your fiancee's family? This can be very important evidence, especially with female beneficiaries in MENA. A letter from her parents stating their support for the marriage might be very helpful, along with photos of you together with her family. Did you have an engagement party?

Masha'allah, no I'm not Moroccan. I'm American and alhamdulillah her family does approve. To answer your question, we did not have an engagement party. Just a nice dinner :) masha'allah. Its an interesting point that you bring up about the letters from her parents. We intend to have then both write one and have them translated insha'allah but I read somewhere that it doesn't hold much weight at the consulate, although I don't know how accurate that is). Insha'allah it will help.

Timeline

Masha'allah, no I'm not Moroccan. I'm American and alhamdulillah her family does approve. To answer your question, we did not have an engagement party. Just a nice dinner :) masha'allah. Its an interesting point that you bring up about the letters from her parents. We intend to have then both write one and have them translated insha'allah but I read somewhere that it doesn't hold much weight at the consulate, although I don't know how accurate that is). Insha'allah it will help.

Photos of the dinner would be good. And the letter in combination with pictures of you with the family would be very positive.

It's usually not just one single piece of evidence that carries the most weight with the consulate - it's the overall picture of your relationship. They weigh each item, and consider how it fits in (or doesn't fit in) with the rest of the puzzle.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Photos of the dinner would be good. And the letter in combination with pictures of you with the family would be very positive.

It's usually not just one single piece of evidence that carries the most weight with the consulate - it's the overall picture of your relationship. They weigh each item, and consider how it fits in (or doesn't fit in) with the rest of the puzzle.

Does anybody know of any other cases like mine? An American man petitioning for a female. Since about 99% of the people on here a petitioning for men it seems I can't get a good feel for what to expect...masha'Allah. Anyone have more information about it?

Timeline

Does anybody know of any other cases like mine? An American man petitioning for a female. Since about 99% of the people on here a petitioning for men it seems I can't get a good feel for what to expect...masha'Allah. Anyone have more information about it?

They are not very common on VJ, but yes there have been a few in MENA. I remember rclouse (American man with a Moroccan wife); also Salwa and Mark (American man with Egyptian wife) = but I can't recall her new screen name.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

There's also aya & john-- who I think is going by the screenname ameriptian now. You might read up on some of her posts, timeline, etc. There was also herolmounia on here too.

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm a man...lol. The reason that I only visited once is that I used all my vacation time from work then and didn't get it back until March. I wanted to visit her for the interview but I think maybe its a better idea to wait until she is approved insha'allah so we can fly back together. But I had another idea. I plan to get a plane ticket insha'allah and put a copy of the receipt in her file for when she goes to the interview so that way they see that i plan to visit again soon. What do you think?

As for details: Masha'allah

We are both Muslim

Neither of us has children or has been married before

I am 6 years older than her

We met on the internet in a Muslim site

We met after knowing each other for about 3 months

I stayed for 12 days

We filed for marriage but didn't finish in time before I had to leave

So now were are filing for K1

Thoughts anyone?

trust me you are safe , my friend got a CR1 visa sooooo easy and fast , and her husband is American who never visited her in real life expert for 1 time ( was 1 week to marry her , they got married on Friday and he left the country on Sunday )

it will be only waste of money and time unless you are planning to come here to bring her with u , then it will be nice from u and a good add for evidences

walah its so easy , she shouldnt feel nervous about it , ask her to read surat yassine before she goes and stay caaaalm and confident , even if they ask her for a paper and she doesn't bring it with her still they will only ask her to bring them any day she can , she wont get a visa until she bring all papers they ask for

hope if i can talk arabiiiiiiiiiiiiic , my english is confusing me :blink: :blink:

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Timeline

karima and abdul just posted about an easy interview for a Moroccan female in another thread.

haha ,yes but i dont know about me , i saw 2 men was filing for k1 visa and they treated them so normal and nice , even 1 of them is engaged to a woman who is 12 years old then him and he was taking only 5 pictures with her , but he forgot to bring the sponsoring file :huh: so morrocan lady told him that its not enough to bring the affidavit of cosponsor only , and she asked him to bring it during the week but she asked him to wait there , and other one is engaged to a woman older than him buuuut he forgot to complete a form and they asked him to finish it first

they denied only some tourist visa on that day

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Timeline

We filed for marriage but didn't finish in time before I had to leave

how come :innocent: ?

my friend finshed the process in 3 days

me and other friend in 5 days only :ot:

but making papers took like other 3 days

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

trust me you are safe , my friend got a CR1 visa sooooo easy and fast , and her husband is American who never visited her in real life expert for 1 time ( was 1 week to marry her , they got married on Friday and he left the country on Sunday )

it will be only waste of money and time unless you are planning to come here to bring her with u , then it will be nice from u and a good add for evidences

walah its so easy , she shouldnt feel nervous about it , ask her to read surat yassine before she goes and stay caaaalm and confident , even if they ask her for a paper and she doesn't bring it with her still they will only ask her to bring them any day she can , she wont get a visa until she bring all papers they ask for

hope if i can talk arabiiiiiiiiiiiiic , my english is confusing me :blink: :blink:

So easy a caveman can do it. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The subject of being in country for the interview has been debated since time immemorial here. there's been plenty of guys denied whose significant others were right across the street at a cafe. And there wasn't much of anything said women could do about it. Being there, so far as I've heard, has never been precisely pinpointed as having gotten any decisions overturned right then and there. It's not like you can just pop into the consulate and complain to the manager, like if you bought a defective piece of

furniture at ikea or something. They had to go through the

same denial hoops as someone sitting at home

in San Francisco or Omaha.

I was about to say... they don't always let you in. So being there doesn't make a difference in that case. I know I emailed 40 trillion times to Amman to find out if I would be able to go in starting in January (interview was April 24) and was willing to pay for the ticket to go if I could-- but they said I was not allowed at the interview, in an e-mail, which arrived the timely day after his interview. Because that would be when that e-mail would be the most useful. Then. A day later. Because I am a time-traveler who could have hopped into the machine and gone back if they had said sure, come on in. And also if i were a time traveler, I would obviously only use my ability solely for that purpose and not, say, making a lot of money and avoiding terrible mistakes so that I could totaly live independantly now with a pet chicken named Henrietta and all the tomatoes I could ever want. Right? I know you're thinking the same thing. :P

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.