Danno

Why no LOOTING in Japan?

228 posts in this topic

So why do you think there is no looting in Japan? I wish I could say it is because they are all armed, but I know they aren't. I wonder why they can endure a catastrophe such as this without looting and rioting and general mayhem and our cities cannot.

That's an easy one. Culture.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's an easy one. Culture.

But it took seven pages and some of the most inane BS I ever read on VJ to uncover it. :lol:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

During the Rodney King riots in LA, a lot of looting was going on, the same in Seattle in regards to the WTO protest and also in New Orleans after Katrina. Looting during those events was by done by (insert answer here if you already know it).

The ethnicity of Japan is 99% Japanese

In order to loot someone's goods, there has to be a disconnect - a lack of empathy

We don't usually loot our own family's possessions

Multi culturalism has failed says the French Prime Minister

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4729351

moresheep400100.jpg

In order to loot someone's goods, there has to be a disconnect - a lack of empathy

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4729351

:thumbs:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

And another true statement. That wasn't so difficult

Gary And Alla

More ignorance passing the 'truth' test. Brilliant.

OK then...what's your take on it. Please explain why looting occurs in other places such as the US yet doesn't in Japan.

sigbet.jpg

Timeline

OK then...what's your take on it. Please explain why looting occurs in other places such as the US yet doesn't in Japan.

she did. See my comment on " 7 pages of inane BS".

Gary And Alla

Demographics. The poorer the region that a catastrophic event occurs in the more likely there is to be a general break down of society. Demographics are not driven by culture but they are often defined by culture which is why you get these stupid,'well black people are more prone to criminality' statements.

I am also sure that some looting will/has taken place.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Demographics. The poorer the region that a catastrophic event occurs in the more likely there is to be a general break down of society. Demographics are not driven by culture but they are often defined by culture which is why you get these stupid,'well black people are more prone to criminality' statements.

has anyone besides you mentioned black people? Is Japan rich? what does it mean that demographics are "not driven" by culture but are "defined" by culture.

Please explain what those terms mean.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

There are poor people in Japan

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

One can hope. :lol:

Looting HAS taken place. Nuclear disaster has NOT taken place. California is safe. Sleep well.

Gary And Alla

There are poor people in Japan

Indeed there are. However, as a society it is not either poor or uneducated.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Indeed there are. However, as a society it is not either poor or uneducated.

Let's be honest here. It's culture. Japanese are educated for the fact they choose to be. The US offers education to anyone and everyone who lives here. Whether a person chooses to take advantage of it is another story...

sigbet.jpg

One can hope. :lol:

Looting HAS taken place. Nuclear disaster has NOT taken place. California is safe. Sleep well.

I don't hope for disaster to befall anyone, do you? Looting has probably occurred at some level, it would be foolish to imagine that it had not, the nuclear facilities are definitely unstable and causing great concern particularly for anyone living within a 50 mile radius of the plant but there has been no DISASTER and yes, California is safe, and taking potassium iodide as a precaution is likely to do more harm than good - it's not a safe product to take. BTW it's morning in CA.