Danno

Why no LOOTING in Japan?

228 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

The new "Russian" DirecTV commerical is awesome. Check out the chick on the treadmill. Native FSU no doubt.

I CAN IMAGINE - FIT AS A BUTCHER'S DOG

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

When they became independent, the Ukrainian legislature officially changed the name.

Really? They legislated a name change in English from "the Ukraine" to just "Ukraine"?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Really? They legislated a name change in English from "the Ukraine" to just "Ukraine"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Ukraine

"Ukraine" versus "The Ukraine"

In English, the country was formerly often referred to with the definite article, that is, the Ukraine (as in the Netherlands, the Gambia, the Bronx, the Congo, and the Sudan), and occasionally still is. However, the addition of the definite article is now considered to be incorrect[7] and usage without the article is now more frequent.[8] This approach has also become established in journalism and diplomacy since the country's independence (for example, within the style guides of The Economist,[9] The Guardian[10] and The Times[11]). The use of the definite article is standard in some other languages such as French (l'Ukraine) or German (die Ukraine), although the latter is generally required for all non-neuter place names.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Slavs don't seem to use 'the'

I put shopping in car...

It is in house

etc

So that seems like a load of alcock and brown

http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/alcock.htm

moresheep400100.jpg

Slavs don't seem to use 'the'

I put shopping in car...

It is in house

etc

So that seems like a load of alcock and brown

http://www.aviation-history.com/airmen/alcock.htm

Actually the did it to spite the Russians.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

The definite article did it?

I am feeling such larf for you

In my soul I feel it all around me like Russian motherland - the lakes and mountains

and the gulags and mafia and 5 year plan

I am yours forever my soul mate

We haf becarm as one and my spirit feels warmth of your soul next to mine

We are totally belonkink to each other throughout eternity and beyond into the cosmos of our larf

ps get me out of this 'ole it stinks

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In my soul I feel it all around me like Russian motherland - the lakes and mountains

We are totally belonkink to each other throughout eternity and beyond into the cosmos of our larf

:lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

In Japan, looting in reverse

Japanese citizens turning in cash found in tsunami zone

Tokyo (CNN) -- A tsunami that followed a massive earthquake last month may have destroyed some of Japan's structures, but police say the honest practice of turning in lost items, especially cash, remains intact.

Residents have turned in lost cash across the tsunami zone at a much higher rate than usual, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department tells CNN.

A police spokesman, who asked not to be identified, citing department policy, said he could not specify how much cash has been turned in to lost-and-found offices at police stations. But, he said, of the 24 police stations across Miyagi Prefecture, nine of them are on the Pacific coastline.

Japan's cultural mores remain strong

Between March 12, the day following the earthquake and tsunami, and March 31, those nine police stations collected 10 times the amount of lost cash collected at the other 15 stations combined.

Japanese children, from a young age, are taught to turn in any lost items, including cash, to police stations. The cultural practice of returning lost items and never keeping what belongs to a stranger has meant police departments like Tokyo's Metropolitan have an entire warehouse filled with lost shoes, umbrellas and wallets.

Golfer donates winnings to Japan video_icon.gif

In the tsunami zone, where personal items lie amid miles of rubble, it's meant that lost valuables have often gone directly to police, rather than the pocket of the finder.

The lost cash hasn't been easy to handle, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department says. Money found along with some identification is being returned, but officers have been able to return only 10% of the cash.

Cash that wasn't in a wallet is left unclaimed at the police station. After three months, the person who turned in the cash is able to collect that lost money. But police say people are already waiving their rights to claim the cash when they turn it in.

Flying drone peers into nuclear reactors

Unclaimed cash will eventually be sent to the Miyagi Prefectural Government, though police say they do not know how it will be used.

Also found: Hundreds of safes that can't be opened. If the prefectural government allocates funding for opening the safes, police will start doing so.

Prefectural police believe that these safes could contain not only currency, but bank books, stocks and land deeds, which could give a huge boost to the amount of lost money.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

In Japan, looting in reverse

Japanese citizens turning in cash found in tsunami zone

Tokyo (CNN) -- A tsunami that followed a massive earthquake last month may have destroyed some of Japan's structures, but police say the honest practice of turning in lost items, especially cash, remains intact.

Residents have turned in lost cash across the tsunami zone at a much higher rate than usual, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department tells CNN.

A police spokesman, who asked not to be identified, citing department policy, said he could not specify how much cash has been turned in to lost-and-found offices at police stations. But, he said, of the 24 police stations across Miyagi Prefecture, nine of them are on the Pacific coastline.

Japan's cultural mores remain strong

Between March 12, the day following the earthquake and tsunami, and March 31, those nine police stations collected 10 times the amount of lost cash collected at the other 15 stations combined.

Japanese children, from a young age, are taught to turn in any lost items, including cash, to police stations. The cultural practice of returning lost items and never keeping what belongs to a stranger has meant police departments like Tokyo's Metropolitan have an entire warehouse filled with lost shoes, umbrellas and wallets.

Golfer donates winnings to Japan video_icon.gif

In the tsunami zone, where personal items lie amid miles of rubble, it's meant that lost valuables have often gone directly to police, rather than the pocket of the finder.

The lost cash hasn't been easy to handle, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department says. Money found along with some identification is being returned, but officers have been able to return only 10% of the cash.

Cash that wasn't in a wallet is left unclaimed at the police station. After three months, the person who turned in the cash is able to collect that lost money. But police say people are already waiving their rights to claim the cash when they turn it in.

Flying drone peers into nuclear reactors

Unclaimed cash will eventually be sent to the Miyagi Prefectural Government, though police say they do not know how it will be used.

Also found: Hundreds of safes that can't be opened. If the prefectural government allocates funding for opening the safes, police will start doing so.

Prefectural police believe that these safes could contain not only currency, but bank books, stocks and land deeds, which could give a huge boost to the amount of lost money.

Unreal honesty,

Sounds like my Grand mothers day.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yes.

The definite article did it?

Yes. And it was to spite the Russians.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Obviously you never experienced a hot FSU woman whispering to you in Russian after amazing sex and before falling asleep. Too bad for you. :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla