ras wyse

March 2011 AOS Filers

767 posts in this topic

So today we did a walk in appointment for our biometrics in Salt Lake City. Everyone was really nice and it took about 15 minutes. I am a little worried though now because we still haven't received our Biometrics notice for our I-485, we only got it for the I765... The lady at the Support Center said that if it didn't arrive with it, that it should arrive a few days after. It's been a week now, so I am a bit worried that something is going wrong. Has anyone else received their I765 biometrics notice separate from the I485? Anyway, hopefully it comes within the next couple of days.

we use the express mail from usps, and used the address for courier or express delivery. WAS I WRONG???

No, thats right. Don't worry

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

@messybrownhair: thanks!=) i'd been visiting your page here and your blog. you are just sooo pretty!!! and you're such a pretty couple too!!! love it! =)

@messybrownhair: thanks!=) i'd been visiting your page here and your blog. you are just sooo pretty!!! and you're such a pretty couple too!!! love it! =)

aww thanks.. i wish you luck in your aos journey.. i hate the feeling of waiting too! hope we get our gc soon!!!

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our NOA arrived yesterday April 14, NOA text/email arrived on April 11, and NOA has a notice date of April 8.

The bio-metrics arrived today April 15, NO text/email, and the paper has a notice date of April 12.

Oh, and the bio-metrics are for both the I-485 & I-765

I have yet to see my status online!

Congrats CGOlivas! You waited long enough.

I just realized I'm on the wrong thread. I should be with Adjusting status from Tourist, student, etc. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Everyone here are very supportive of each other. Good luck to all of us on our journey.

Our journey update:

02/14/2011 Valentine's Day wedding

03/08/2011 Sent I-130, I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox (PO Box address) thru USPS Priority Mail

03/09/2011 Found out this Visa Journey Community

03/10/2011 Package received at 6:48am

03/15/2011 Called USCIS to inform them that all the forms I sent don't have barcodes on 'em, except for I-693, was told to wait for 30 days before we hear from them

04/05/2011 E-notifications received (texts and emails)

04/06/2011 Checks cashed

04/11/2011 Received NOA's for all 3 applications

04/15/2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for I-485 and I-765 (scheduled for 05/09/2011)

04/15/2011 Successful Walk-in Biometrics (05/09/2011 is week of my birthday and we'll be out of town)

04/27/2011 E-notifications received(text and email) EAD Card production in order; Online status for I-765 updated 4/27/11

05/05/2011 Received EAD card

05/06/2011 Applied for SSN

05/16/2011 Received Interview notice scheduled for 06/16/2011 (via e-notifications and USPS mail)

06/16/2011 Interview at San Jose,CA office, went well but no assurance from the IO

06/17/2011 Received e-notifications- I-485 approval and card production ordered :D

06/23/2011 Received Welcome letter, and approval of I-130

06/27/2011 Received GREEN CARD in the mail, it is indeed green!

I-751

05/10/2013 Sent in I-751 application to CSC PO box

05/13/2013 Package delivered at 11:28am

Thank you VJ for all the support and advise as me and my hubby go through this journey.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings!

316izq2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So you still haven't gotten a biometrics appointment? I am starting to worry because I see a trend that people are getting biometrics letters a day or two after getting the noa1 and i thought that was weird too.. maybe your location is busy? which state are you in?

No biometrics appointment yet. Our office will be in San Juan, Puerto Rico. I have no idea how busy they are as there is not much info in the forum about them. I was thinking we should get biometrics appointment before the case being transferred to California.

Did you get a notice in the mail or email about the transfer?Also what city are you located?

We got both, yesterday we got the hardcopy and on the 11th the e-mail notification.

Good luck to all :star:

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Well, yesterday we got the second biometrics letter. The strange is that this one had the I765 and the I485 on it, even though we already did the biometrics for the I-765. It may have something to do with us having to call in and change how my wife's name appeared on the I765 application, but it is still the same case number and everything, so we will be taking it on on next Friday April 21st, to finish all of our biometrics.

Well, yesterday we got the second biometrics letter. The strange is that this one had the I765 and the I485 on it, even though we already did the biometrics for the I-765. It may have something to do with us having to call in and change how my wife's name appeared on the I765 application, but it is still the same case number and everything, so we will be taking it on on next Friday April 21st, to finish all of our biometrics.

Hey, did you have something spelled wrong on your notice too? What number did you call and what did you have to do? They spelled my maiden name wrong and I wanted to call tomorrow to fix it too. Please advise me! Thanks!

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Hey, did you have something spelled wrong on your notice too? What number did you call and what did you have to do? They spelled my maiden name wrong and I wanted to call tomorrow to fix it too. Please advise me! Thanks!

Hey, I actually just replied to your other topic before I saw this. They had my wife's name backwards on the EAD application NOA1, and they misspelled it slightly as well. So there is a number on the NOA1 where it says to call if there are any problems with the name,etc.. (I don't have it in front of me because I am at work) but I called that number and I got it changed really quick over the phone. We got a biometrics appointment just for EAD and it had the name backwards too, but they just looked up the case number and everything when we got the biometrics done and put her name how it is supposed to be. Yesterday, however, we got another biometrics notice, this time with both the AOS and the EAD on it and the name was spelled right. So we are heading back to the Support Center to get the biometrics done for the AOS and explain that we have two letters for the EAD now.

So... I would say, go ahead and call them and make sure the name is correct, and also when you go in for your biometrics, make sure they have the right name noted as well. Good luck!

Hey, I actually just replied to your other topic before I saw this. They had my wife's name backwards on the EAD application NOA1, and they misspelled it slightly as well. So there is a number on the NOA1 where it says to call if there are any problems with the name,etc.. (I don't have it in front of me because I am at work) but I called that number and I got it changed really quick over the phone. We got a biometrics appointment just for EAD and it had the name backwards too, but they just looked up the case number and everything when we got the biometrics done and put her name how it is supposed to be. Yesterday, however, we got another biometrics notice, this time with both the AOS and the EAD on it and the name was spelled right. So we are heading back to the Support Center to get the biometrics done for the AOS and explain that we have two letters for the EAD now.

So... I would say, go ahead and call them and make sure the name is correct, and also when you go in for your biometrics, make sure they have the right name noted as well. Good luck!

Thanks! That was very helpful :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, another March filler here , sent the application March 23rd e it was there on the 26th but i am still waiting for the receipt.... :(

03-25-2011: I-102/I-94 copy request.

05-16-2011: I-485/EAD Mailed.

05-28-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received.

05-30-2011: Biometrics letter for 06-15.

06-06-2011: Successful Biometrics walk-in.

06-13-2011: I-94 copy received in the mail.

06-15-2011: Transferred to CSC.

07-21-2001: EAD card in production.

08-02-2011: EAD card arrived.

08-02-2011: I-485 Transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER.

08-03-2011: Applied for SSN.

08-08-2011: Received SSN in the mail.

09-08-2011: Interview scheduled for October 12th.

10-12-2011: Interview Day APROVED.

10-21-2011: Permanent GC in Hands.... =)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ugh! They are requesting more evidence - of my husband's birth certificate. We already sent it the first time and very carefully labeled it, etc. We sent one copy each for the I-485, I-765 I-130 and I-131. Has this happened to anyone else?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On the bright side, we got a biometrics appointment for May 2nd.

Ugh! They are requesting more evidence - of my husband's birth certificate. We already sent it the first time and very carefully labeled it, etc. We sent one copy each for the I-485, I-765 I-130 and I-131. Has this happened to anyone else?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.