Cin

Difference between I129F ans I130???

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I-129F is included in a fiance visa application.

It is not needed for a CR-1 spousal visa petition.

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What is the difference between and I129F and I130 if both are for alien fiancépost-98396-0-55146500-1299797072_thumb.jpg?

No, they are not both for alien fiance. The I-130 is for an alien relative. A fiance is not yet a relative.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No, they are not both for alien fiance. The I-130 is for an alien relative. A fiance is not yet a relative.

Oh ok. So then that would be the application for couples that are already married then.

~CIN~

Timeline

Oh ok. So then that would be the application for couples that are already married then.

No, neither the I-129F or I-130 are applications for anything. They are petitions, which when approved, allow the foreigner to apply for a visa. To have success doing it yourself for an immigration process, you'll need to be able to carefully read forms and instructions, then interpret them literally and respond accurately. If you are not capable of easily comprehending the difference between a relative and a fiancee, you MIGHT want to re-think your do it yourself ideas. It's not for everybody.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No, neither the I-129F or I-130 are applications for anything. They are petitions, which when approved, allow the foreigner to apply for a visa. To have success doing it yourself for an immigration process, you'll need to be able to carefully read forms and instructions, then interpret them literally and respond accurately. If you are not capable of easily comprehending the difference between a relative and a fiancee, you MIGHT want to re-think your do it yourself ideas. It's not for everybody.

Ok first of all dont speak down to me like I'm some ignorant uneducated person ,ok. For your imformation I submitted my petition back in September and did it all my lonely self and I have yet to receive and RFE. I was simply asking asking on USCIS.GOV it says "I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN". That is why I asked because it says Fiance in there.

So please don't come on my posting being rude and trying to treat me like I'm an idiot.

~CIN~

What is the difference between and I129F and I130 if both are for alien fiancépost-98396-0-55146500-1299797072_thumb.jpg?

Hi,

The I-129F and I-130 are two different types of petitions used to request a visa for a foreigner. They differ depending on the foreigner's relationship to the petitioner. If the beneficiary is a fiance, then the petitioner would use form I-129F since the beneficiary is not yet an immediate relative.

If the beneficiary is a spouse, child, parent, etc (relative), then form I-130 is used.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Thank you...that gives me a beter understanding. You see thats what I thought but mean while I wondered why'd they put FIANCE in frase with the I130.....Anywho, thanks and good luck with eveything!

~CIN~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok first of all dont speak down to me like I'm some ignorant uneducated person ,ok. For your imformation I submitted my petition back in September and did it all my lonely self and I have yet to receive and RFE. I was simply asking asking on USCIS.GOV it says "I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN". That is why I asked because it says Fiance in there.

So please don't come on my posting being rude and trying to treat me like I'm an idiot.

Come on children behave. :innocent: If your fiancee came here in the USA with a K-1 visa, she can file for AOS without needing the I-130 (extra pay). As long as she files for AOS within the 90 days validity of the I-94, she does not need to file I-130.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Timeline

Don't know where you're looking or the context of your quote but on the petition itself, it says, "I-130, Petition for Alien Relative" and it is called exactly that at the link from which you would download the petition. No RFE is a good thing but you also don't have an approval yet. Getting a petition filed and approved is the easy part. The hard part is yet to come. Attention to detail and context will be critical going forward.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can you please provide a link for that?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think they are probably looking at the I-130 NOA2.

USCIS-

Case Status Information for Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On xxxx xx, 20xx, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Timeline

I think they are probably looking at the I-130 NOA2.

USCIS-

Case Status Information for Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On xxxx xx, 20xx, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Yes, the boilerplate on many NOA2 notices says that but the OP has no NOA2 yet and a notice of action isn't "USCIS.gov."

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Yes, the boilerplate on many NOA2 notices says that but the OP has no NOA2 yet and a notice of action isn't "USCIS.gov."

The OP is probably referring to the online status page from logging onto his account with USCIS.

Married in Dominican Republic: 4-Sept-2010

I-130 Packet arrives at Chicago Lockbox: 29-Sept-2010

NOA1: 06-Oct-2010

NOA2: 19-Jan-2011

NVC Received file from CSC: 27-Jan-2011

Received DS-3032 and AOS bill: 27-Jan-2011

Paid AOS bill: 28-Jan-2011

Submitted DS-3032 via email (per NVC's authorization): 30-Jan-2011

Called NVC about AOS packet: 3-Feb-2011 (okay to send documents)

Mailed out AOS packet: 5-Feb-2011

AOS packet delivered to NVC: 7-Feb-2011

DS-3032 received by NVC: 8-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowleges AOS payment: 8-Feb-2011 (finally)

Received IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

Paid IV Bill: 14-Feb-2011

NVC Acknowledges AOS paperwork was received and requests IV application: 25-Feb-2011

Mailed out DS-230 and supporting civil documents: 26-Feb-2011

DS-230 packet delivered to NVC: 28-Feb-2011

Case completed at NVC: 28-Mar-2011

Waited about 2 weeks for an interview date

Received packet 4 and interview appointment letter: 11-Apr-2011

Interview scheduled at Santo Domingo: 4-May-2011

Spouse had Medical Exam: 15-Apr-2011

Visa Approved!!!! 4-May-2011

Husband received visa from DOMEX: 17-May-2011

Husband's POE date June 24, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.