ThomKimQC

Men Your Thoughts On Filipina

140 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok it was so nice to read many of your replies to this topic and I thank all of you. I am happy to say that Kim has been a joy to my world. Though we started out on rocky the more we made time for one another to chat the closer we became. She is a great woman not because she is pinay but because she has a heart and truly cares about her family. friends, and me. When I went to meet her for the first time she was so shy and kept asking me if I liked her or if she was too small for me being that she is 5 feet and I am 6 ft 2 brawney guy. I laughed and joked with her but reassured her she was fine. I love her freckled face, chinky eyes, and that gorgeous hair of hers. I could sit and play with her hair all day long. Her eyes are like brown stained glass so deep, clear and full of passion. I love the fact that she is so clean, my goodnes this girl takes 3 showers a day sometimes more. Yes and that broken english is to die for. I like when we go out together people mistake her for Korean or Japanese but she speaks her native tongue the look on their face is priceless. Kim has a unique look for a pinay and I think that what makes her so special to me. She never asked for anything from me but my heart and she was so eager to learn about my culture on her own and that warms my heart. I dont know how she will adjust to life here in America especially the south but I do know I will be there holding her hand through the good and bad times.

Thom -

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting to hear your story. :thumbs:

Oh, my real story? hehehe....

We were introduced by mutual friends, but via online. I had visited the Philippines the year before to meet another girl that I met through a dating site. Prior to joining that site, I had dated locally, and was in a relationship for about a year and half before that. Anyhow, the person I met the first trip, it was a disaster except for me meeting two very good people (boyfriend and girlfriend) who I maintained contact after I returned home. Several months later, I happened to see that they (insik and tambok) were online (Yahoo Msgr), connected to their webcam and they had a friend with them. I didn't think much of it until months later, I remembered her distinct name (Jinky) and noticed her on my friend's Friendster (another social network site like Facebook) list. I sent her a 'hello' and we just started exchanging messages back and forth until we decided to meet online to chat.

Both her parents and my parents were apprehensive about long distance relationships, and also wondered about the stereotypes. However, later on, her parents flew to Dublin, Ireland to visit two of their other daughters who are RN's and my parents happened to be visiting Ireland at the same time (they have duel citizenship). So they all met and that eased everyone up a bit.

She never belonged to any dating site, however, I don't think there is anything wrong with couples meeting that way. There are risks involved for both sides, but I'm sure it is possible to find lasting love that way. As to why I initially tried an international dating site - I always found people from different cultures interesting, nothing more. There was nothing special that I was drawn to the Philippines or Filipinas. Physically, I've always been more attracted to brunettes, particularly Mexican girls. The woman I was in a relationship here locally was Puerto Rican. My ex-wife is Mexican. But, beyond any physical attraction, I don't see any real fundamental differences, in spite of cultural differences. People are people, no matter where they come from.

Filed: Timeline

I heard such great things about the filipina being loyal, caring, loving and great partners

Thom,

Are you at all aware of the fact that the way you speak of these women sound as if you're referring to a breed of dog?

'the fillipina' - ick

women are individuals.

Thom,

Are you at all aware of the fact that the way you speak of these women sound as if you're referring to a breed of dog?

'the fillipina' - ick

women are individuals.

Only after they meet their American sisters, who will educate them. :rofl:

I married her for her broken English. It's just adorable. And how she irons my shirts, and how she always has a hot cooked meal for me, even when I come home drunk at 2am. And that she's like a little sports car, revving and ready for me to take her for a ride, even if she's been slaving over the hot stove all day. All the hype about these Filipinas is TRUE! She even thinks my rolls of fat and baldness make me look guapo. It was money well spent!

Well i really like all the comments , but do you really think you should have said money well spent ? Do you belive this is a investment or something ?

If any Filipinas took offense to my posts here, I apologize. The jest was aimed at the stereotypes themselves and those who perpetuate them. It would be refreshing to hear more candid attitudes about the motivations, intentions and viewpoints of some here as to why they married a Filipina, even if some might find such ideas offensive or even repulsive. :)

Geez, Steven. I thought you got sucked into the dark side. biggrin.gif

My Kano said he married a Pinay because the Kana girls wouldn't bite. I go, what's up with these Kana girls? My Kano is well educated (MBA), has a very good job, not "kalbo" (bald), not "tabatchoy" (fat), may be hitting his big 5-0 but he definitely looks young for his age. The Kana girls' loss, my gain! laughing.gif I hit the jackpot with him but he won the Mega Lotto with me LOL!

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

I'm with you...and in fact, I would feel very offended, dissed and minimized if my husband referred to me in this way.

I wonder, IF, these men would like to be referred to as "my American" by their spouses/finacess and I wonder how they'd feel about it.

Thom,

'the fillipina' - ick

women are individuals.

Proud to be a Filipino citizen. Wouldn't want to be anyone else. I also have the greatest respect for our fellow Pinays who work menial jobs abroad.

But sad to say, the term "Filipina" has also been freighted, as a result, with certain inaccurate generalizations, sometimes extending to how some people see our women as potential life partners. It wasn't too long ago when a certain English dictionary was using "Filipina" as a synonym for,guess what, household help.

I'm saying all these by way of information, not to cry racial slur. Just to let you know there are Filipinos like me who might feel extra-sensitive about these things. I've no issue whatsoever if your wife or fiancee doesn't mind or is even flattered being "someone's Filipina."

Grace

No disrespect intended...

No offense taken :innocent:

Proud to be a Filipino citizen. Wouldn't want to be anyone else. I also have the greatest respect for our fellow Pinays who work menial jobs abroad.

But sad to say, the term "Filipina" has also been freighted, as a result, with certain inaccurate generalizations, sometimes extending to how some people see our women as potential life partners. It wasn't too long ago when a certain English dictionary was using "Filipina" as a synonym for,guess what, household help.

I'm saying all these by way of information, not to cry racial slur. Just to let you know there are Filipinos like me who might feel extra-sensitive about these things. I've no issue whatsoever if your wife or fiancee doesn't mind or is even flattered being "someone's Filipina."

Grace

No offense taken :innocent:

I found the term 'the Filipina' cringeworthy because of the 'the'. Speaking about a whole race of females' homogenous, interchangeable characteristics just creeps me out

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Geez, Steven. I thought you got sucked into the dark side. biggrin.gif

My Kano said he married a Pinay because the Kana girls wouldn't bite. I go, what's up with these Kana girls? My Kano is well educated (MBA), has a very good job, not "kalbo" (bald), not "tabatchoy" (fat), may be hitting his big 5-0 but he definitely looks young for his age. The Kana girls' loss, my gain! laughing.gif I hit the jackpot with him but he won the Mega Lotto with me LOL!

I've always had a little twist of the dark side. :innocent: You are lucky and so is he, sister. (F)

You might want to recreate your story, in detailed installments on this discussion board, a la Ken y Leidys! :star:

:lol: It's so much more fun to write fiction though.

I found the term 'the Filipina' cringeworthy because of the 'the'. Speaking about a whole race of females' homogenous, interchangeable characteristics just creeps me out

I think it is up to the Pinays to say whether or not they are offended, don't you? If they are uncomfortable, they can speak for themselves.

Timeline

:reading:

I love my fiancee not because she is a pinay but because the way she is. Even if she was from "lkolytresg" I will still love her as long she is the way she is (L)

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I think it is up to the Pinays to say whether or not they are offended, don't you? If they are uncomfortable, they can speak for themselves.

Maybe she's just jealous because we speak so highly of our filipinas.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Maybe she's just jealous because we speak so highly of our filipinas.

-James

I doubt it is jealousy that's making her cringe.

My wife stated / posed in an earlier post. How would an American feel about being referred to as ..."my American".

Asawa ko and I recognize the phrase, "my Filipina" , is probably being used as a term of endearment.

(but) Ask yourself the q....if you were being referred to as "my American"...that's OK with you? I'm sure it would be OK with me as long as used with appropriate connotation and as a term of endearment. (but) Should it be OK?

(another but) Giving a nod to the gentler sex, and recognizing the historical victimization of women being treated as property, objectified and subordinate to men.... I wonder if there is not some (albeit diluted) version of this victimization when referring to a woman with a cultural label. Couldn't this also be a way of objectifying a woman and at the same time...a little bit of racism mixed in the drink?

Michael

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.