ThomKimQC

Men Your Thoughts On Filipina

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello VJ fellas I wanted to ask all those of you who are dating or now married to a filipina what is it about your filipina that made you decide she is the one? I know every relationship has its ups and downs and for those of you who ar enot reunited with their filipina under one roof how has it been so far with her adjusting to her new lifestyle?

Thank you,

Thom

I ask myself that same question everyday for the more than three years we have been together. :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

I married her for her broken English. It's just adorable. And how she irons my shirts, and how she always has a hot cooked meal for me, even when I come home drunk at 2am. And that she's like a little sports car, revving and ready for me to take her for a ride, even if she's been slaving over the hot stove all day. All the hype about these Filipinas is TRUE! She even thinks my rolls of fat and baldness make me look guapo. It was money well spent!

^^^

comedic talent!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

mine is of course lovely, sweet, smart, observant, loving, loyal, and her English is mispronounced, but still good enough to beat me at word games. I searched for her over the course of several trips to Phil. I treated the women I met with respect and did my best to keep a clean karma because I believed and still do that you can't just go there and wreck girls and expect to earn a good marriage. They were fun trips and great adventures. When I met her online after a somewhat disheartening trip it was like there was never a doubt or a question. I was there six weeks later and proposed. Her sense of humor is incredible. She can make my tummy ache with laughter. Two things i always remember that i appreciate. One was a story she told about having a really nice lunch at a good restaurant, she ate a lot, then upon returning to the hospital she was charged with assisting a man use a bedpan, he had diarrhea. At one point she had to excuse herself and went to the cr where she lost her nice lunch and then was hungry again. That made me laugh hard, mostly the way she told the story. She's a silly creature. Another thing that grabbed me was watching her sing along to youtube videoki songs. Her voice is so amazing. She never hits the right key and is just awful, but she doesn't care at all and she laughs and sings despite being vocally challenged. I went there searching for a wife, mainly because i have great pinoy friends here and i just love their families.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

ha! ha! ha ! that was funny but true. One thing i can add is because we filipinas prioritize our marriage and family first and foremost more than anything. We always make sure we takes care of our family .

You Filipinas sure do. You are all these little sex kittens just waiting to pounce...hahaha. It's like having your own in-home gym. I don't know where you get all that energy.

Timeline

That actually causes too much confusion.

This is why I started signing my name at the bottom of my posts. That way pinays quit calling me sis and replying to me in Tagalog.

I married her for her broken English. It's just adorable. And how she irons my shirts, and how she always has a hot cooked meal for me, even when I come home drunk at 2am. And that she's like a little sports car, revving and ready for me to take her for a ride, even if she's been slaving over the hot stove all day. All the hype about these Filipinas is TRUE! She even thinks my rolls of fat and baldness make me look guapo. It was money well spent!

My filipina's broken english is one of the things I'm most attracted to also. If you don't see my name signed on a post, and the post has broken english structure, it's probably my lovely fiancee. However, I do find myself talking with her the same way now sometimes. I hope I don't do that at work too.

When I first visited the Philippines for work, I met several pinays the first few nights. I wasn't looking, but they sure were. Wow, the offers I had. However, I didn't accept a single one. Then one night while at a bar with a live band and with my work mate, he started flirting with this girl that walked by to use the phone next to us. She had a cell phone, so it was just to get his attension, and it worked. Not my type though, too forward and fake for me. A few minutes later, he said let's go sit at this table with those two girls, one being the girl he flirted with, who is my fiancee's cousin, the other was my fiancee. I said hmmm, what girls? Okay. This was certainly not my normal thing. We sat down and he continued flirting with her cousin, so I figured I had to flirt too. It was so loud that I had to yell in her ear. First thing I told her was that she was very beautiful. Never done that before to a girl I don't know. I'm really kind of shy. All that night, I don't think we understood most of what we said to each other. But is was still great. I got enough courage to ask for her phone number. Never done that before either. We were both out of our normal place, not used to bars and flirting. We were both just there because of who we were with. But wow, what fun we had. After the night was done, we said our goodbyes, and first thing the next morning, I was calling her. She was waiting by the phone. We hung out each day until I went back home. What a time I had, like nothing I've ever experienced.

I fell in love with her because she is shy, not forward. She wasn't expecting to jump in bed. She says now that she wanted to, and I certainly did too, but that's not what we were looking for. Ever since we met, I think we have talked almost every day, 2.5 years now. Maybe only missing a few days when I was hunting or something. I have never met a girl like her before. She is so sweet, soft spoken, and caring. I've never seen someone fold my dirtly clothes, or make my bed at a hotel, even when I told her she didn't have to. Laying clothes out for my next day of work, wow, never had that been done before. She is so willing to please. This makes me want to do anything for her, and I certainly would. I love her smile, her laugh, her voice. I love how when we have a disagreement, there is no fighting with yelling and anger. She gets very quiet, basically just shuts down. I'll take that any day over the 40 minute screaming ###### lecture I was used to before. We always make up very soon, both with sorries, caring, and love. No grudges. She is not jealous, trusting me very much. I feel the same for her. I 100% trust her. There's no reason to be jealous. We are both in love with each other and wouldn't even think of being with someone else. I think this is great. Considering the distance we are apart, and the amount of time, this can be a hard thing for some couples. Not us. She doesn't care about having money, spending it, or have material things. She's a hard worker. She's not looking for a visa either, she just wants me, and I want her. She'd be just as happy with me living there. Maybe some day when my kids are grown. I love her daughter, and her family. They are so nice to me. I love how she calls me in the middle of the night, and I do the same to her. Just a quick I love you and back to sleep. We talk maybe 3 or 4 times a day. Not because one expects it, but because we both want to. She is my life, and I am hers. I think I got the best filipina in the world, without even looking for one. If I believed in fate, then this is it.

I LOVE MY FILIPINA.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

doesnt the fact that she has good genes and makes uber adorable babies help?

your son is so freakin cute

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What. You mean Mav's a Filipina. LOL.

Lumpy Oatmeal makes you Crazy ! :bonk:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Wow, Just let the stereotyping begin! :whistle:

jb39ory3zt.jpg

hahaha :rofl:

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

You Filipinas sure do. You are all these little sex kittens just waiting to pounce...hahaha. It's like having your own in-home gym. I don't know where you get all that energy.

C'mon Buscador.

You are taking the joke too far and it's getting offensive. How 'bout you reign it in now.?

(This isn't OT)

I think you should explain your motivation so the obtuse can catch up.

(and since your at it already) How 'bout you can clean all the ladies' shoes that you muddied.

(it's seems you enjoy sociology but this isn't a very nice way to provoke and observe)

Michael

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I never can get used to that peculiar term of endearment "my Filipina," though I'm sure many guys here say that with the most loving of intentions.

As for me, I'll be a little baffled if my dear beloved started referring to me as "his Filipina" when talking about me with other people, him being that type of guy who bothers to ask whether I would want to take on his surname after we're married.

Grace

(Her own Filipina since 1975)

:thumbs:

I'm with you...and in fact, I would feel very offended, dissed and minimized if my husband referred to me in this way.

I wonder, IF, these men would like to be referred to as "my American" by their spouses/finacess and I wonder how they'd feel about it.

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

C'mon Buscador.

You are taking the joke too far and it's getting offensive. How 'bout you reign it in now.?

(This isn't OT)

I think you should explain your motivation so the obtuse can catch up.

(and since your at it already) How 'bout you can clean all the ladies' shoes that you muddied.

(it's seems you enjoy sociology but this isn't a very nice way to provoke and observe)

Michael

Hermano Miguel,

We're a mixed bag here of various motivations, intentions and viewpoints about marrying Filipinas. Why fight it? If some here want a little sex kitten as their own in-home gym, who are we to judge?

Timeline

Steven, I'll have to agree with happyndinlove. good.gif

If any Filipinas took offense to my posts here, I apologize. The jest was aimed at the stereotypes themselves and those who perpetuate them. It would be refreshing to hear more candid attitudes about the motivations, intentions and viewpoints of some here as to why they married a Filipina, even if some might find such ideas offensive or even repulsive. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.