apgk

I130 for sister

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I am a US citizen and am preparing I-130 paperwork to be filed for my sister.

Here is the list of documents I have:

1. Affidavits

- my affidavit stating that she is my real sister etc

- sister's affidavit about her DOB, that I am real brother etc

- father's affidavit

2. Sister's passport ID page showing DOB, father and mother names

3. My naturalization certificate proving I am citizen

4. My birth certificate showing father name

5. Many educational documents/certificates from Universities/colleges etc showing that we both have same father on those records.

The problem is that my sister does not have her birth certificate. She tried but the records are so old and could not get from the local registrar office - so she has made that statement in her affidavit. And we are showing through various academic document that we have common father.

My question is if the above documents are good for the application?

Any comments/feedback much appreciated.

gk

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Trying the correct office that would have the records? May have to go to birth place and check a records office there.

Birth, Marriage, Divorce and Death Certificates

Available. Certified copies of these documents may be obtained by applying to the Bureau of Acts of Civil Status (ZAGS) of the locality having custody of the records.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3656

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

thanks - but my sister lives in India. And for India this is what it says -

---

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. ..

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

-----------

So our father has affidavit stating my sister's DOB, place of birth etc.

My sister has affidavit stating that she tried contacting local municipal registrar office and could not get the records.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

thanks - but my sister lives in India. And for India this is what it says -

---

Birth Certificates

Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. ..

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

-----------

So our father has affidavit stating my sister's DOB, place of birth etc.

My sister has affidavit stating that she tried contacting local municipal registrar office and could not get the records.

The Russia in your profile is misleading, you need to provide more details when posting, I have no way to know exactly how to answer your question, without vital details as to where the beneficiary was born.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

The Russia in your profile is misleading, you need to provide more details when posting, I have no way to know exactly how to answer your question, without vital details as to where the beneficiary was born.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582

Yes, correct - I should have mentioned that in my original post. Let me see if I can edit it now. thanks !!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, I am a US citizen and am preparing I-130 paperwork to be filed for my sister.

1. Affidavits

- father's affidavit

5. Many educational documents/certificates from Universities/colleges etc showing that we both have same father on those records.

The problem is that my sister does not have her birth certificate. She tried but the records are so old and could not get from the local registrar office - so she has made that statement in her affidavit. And we are showing through various academic document that we have common father.

gk

apgk

I have already created a post for F4 Visa Category for Siblings. You can click the below link and post ur queries..:thumbs:

All F4s

Good Luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

1. Affidavits

- father's affidavit

gk

Agree with Yuanddan, “Trying the correct office that would have the records? May have to go to birth place and check a records office there.”

I don’t know what part of India are you from but my suggestion is go to the local municipal registrar office at your place in India then get a letter from them stating that “they don’t have the record in their office”. The title on the letter should be “Non traceable/Non available certificate issue under section 17 of the Births & Death Registration Act 1969. And you should have “two” affidavits from relatives stating that they confirm the birth date, place of birth, father’s name and mother’s name.

In our family we have the same thing, three of my sisters don’t have records of their births at the local municipal registrar office. We did the (above).

I don’t think there should be a problem at USCIS, NVC and Consulate with these documents. Because all of my sisters are now US citizens.

If you they don’t accept any document proofs then get a DNA testing.

Question why are you showing only fathers name? wheres MOM?

Edited by kuldip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.