11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm moving in 3 weeks and want to get a head start on my AR-11, filling it out now and sending it the day I move. I seem to be stuck on my Port of Entry. Do I put Ottawa, ON Canada (where I went through customs) or Chicago, IL (the first US city I entered - lay over) or Portland, OR (my final destination). I can't even remember what I put on other forms.

All I know is that this better not slow down anything else. I'm still waiting for my damn correct Greencard. :(

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Filed: Timeline
I'm moving in 3 weeks and want to get a head start on my AR-11, filling it out now and sending it the day I move. I seem to be stuck on my Port of Entry. Do I put Ottawa, ON Canada (where I went through customs) or Chicago, IL (the first US city I entered - lay over) or Portland, OR (my final destination). I can't even remember what I put on other forms.

All I know is that this better not slow down anything else. I'm still waiting for my damn correct Greencard. :(

Where were you inspected?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
What did you put as your port of entry on your I-485? Thats probably what you should put so it matches everything else.

did you read it this time???

It wouldn't be Ottawa, for sure, since you had not entered the USA at that point. It was the place they stamped your passport. DO you have that handy? In Portland, were you processed, or was it a case of simply travelling through the secure section of the airport to your next flight.

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It wouldn't be Ottawa, for sure, since you had not entered the USA at that point. It was the place they stamped your passport. DO you have that handy? In Portland, were you processed, or was it a case of simply travelling through the secure section of the airport to your next flight.

Actually, they stamped my passport and inspected me in Ottawa.

I just unpacked a bunch of stuff to find my copy of my I-485 and I put "Chicago via Ottawa, Canada" I had no idea at the time if this was correct but I got approved. I just seriously want a straight answer to put from now on.. Ottawa or Chicago.

Edited by kearinne

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This July I flew home from China through Chicago. I got off the international flight at terminal 5 in O'hare International Airport in Chicago I had to go through US Customs there before getting on the flight to Rochester.

O'hare International airport is the Port of entry because the customs is there and they stamped my passport there. So you should put Chicago as your POE.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Not what I had expected, but I'm placing this out here for comments, because after a little searching, it appears to me and the Federal Register that implementation of US-VISIT process at pre-flight inspection has been undertaken at Ottawa.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/04-19240.htm

"diaddie mermaid"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Not what I had expected, but I'm placing this out here for comments, because after a little searching, it appears to me and the Federal Register that implementation of US-VISIT process at pre-flight inspection has been undertaken at Ottawa.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2004/04-19240.htm

Good find!

I would look at the passport for POE Ottawa may be the POE. The same thing happened to me when visiting the UK a few years ago. The Republic of Ireland and the UK are similar, I first visited Scotland and passed through the POE there then traveled to Ireland and did not have to go through customes there.

So getting back to the subject. Check your passport, and if you had to go through customs in Chicago and your passport was stamped there then Chicago was POE, if you went from flight to flight in Chicago with out stamp or customs then Otawa is the POE.

I hope this is clear.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The lawyer who posts at alt.visa.us.marriage-based has said that either your POE code or your AOS office code would be correct.

Ottawa is your PFI (vs POE) and POO is your District Office.

Happy moving! Don't forget I-865 for your sponsor.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.