TheBigDPer

Does Russian citizen/US green card holder need Mexican visa for cruise stop in Ensenada, Mexico?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello!

My wife is a Russian citizen, but permanent resident of the US (she has a green card). We're hoping to go on a 3-day cruise that has one stop in Ensenada, Mexico. The cruise ship is scheduled to be in Ensenada for only 9 hours.

All that being said, does anyone know if my wife needs to get a Mexican visa for her Russian passport for this short stay in Mexico?

I've at least determined that she doesn't need to get a re-entry permit for the United States. I know this is a pretty specific question, but I've had little luck getting an answer with US Customs and Immigration Services.

Thank you for any and all help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Nope, Green-card holders do not need visas to visit Canada, Mexico or the Island nations in the Caribbean..

Just need to carry passport and Green-card.

Have a safe trip.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello!

My wife is a Russian citizen, but permanent resident of the US (she has a green card). We're hoping to go on a 3-day cruise that has one stop in Ensenada, Mexico. The cruise ship is scheduled to be in Ensenada for only 9 hours.

All that being said, does anyone know if my wife needs to get a Mexican visa for her Russian passport for this short stay in Mexico?

I've at least determined that she doesn't need to get a re-entry permit for the United States. I know this is a pretty specific question, but I've had little luck getting an answer with US Customs and Immigration Services.

Thank you for any and all help!

Yu and Dan is correct. She does not need a visa. Green card only. IF she is flying or going by boat, she may also need her Russian passport. We go to Canada often, by car, and Alla uses only her green card.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yu and Dan is correct. She does not need a visa. Green card only. IF she is flying or going by boat, she may also need her Russian passport. We go to Canada often, by car, and Alla uses only her green card.

Yep, by car to Canada has been fine with green-card only, one time my wife went to Canada by Bus, and needed both green-card and passport, so perhaps if by commercial transport bot is needed, I know air travel requires Passport+GC. But in all cases North-American travel needs no visa for green-card holders.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We've taken a few cruises and never needed anything but her GC. Typically when you board the cruise ship they will give you a cruise pass after checking your passport/GC/etc. and you will use that at every port when embarking/disembarking. Sometimes they may tell you you need a photo ID at a certain port, but in my experience we still have never needed it...they only care about the cruise card. Have a great trip!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.