Gary and Alla

The Solstice is trashed

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Glad she is okay and didn't get too stressed out!

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well, the jury is in. She bought a brand new Nissan Versa hatchback. Not quite the sports car, but practical, easy to drive, not too expensive. we had been looking all week, Alla more than I and she was torn between the Mazda and Nissan. We got the check yesterday and after a marathon session today finally she bought the Nissan and we drove it home tonight and returned the rental car.

NO she was NOT going to ride the bus for a couple weeks, even though the bus stop is a short walk from the house and drops her at the library at her university :lol: She rode the bus all her life (and waited two hours for it in deep snow when it was the Soviet Union :whistle: ) but she ain't riding that thing NOW!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Versa is a pretty sporty little car.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

There is nothing like that new car smell!

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

well, the jury is in. She bought a brand new Nissan Versa hatchback. Not quite the sports car, but practical, easy to drive, not too expensive. we had been looking all week, Alla more than I and she was torn between the Mazda and Nissan. We got the check yesterday and after a marathon session today finally she bought the Nissan and we drove it home tonight and returned the rental car.

NO she was NOT going to ride the bus for a couple weeks, even though the bus stop is a short walk from the house and drops her at the library at her university :lol: She rode the bus all her life (and waited two hours for it in deep snow when it was the Soviet Union :whistle: ) but she ain't riding that thing NOW!

Not bad :) I would have figured though that she might have went with something with a tad more ground clearance (visiblity) and awd (traction/handling).

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Not bad :) I would have figured though that she might have went with something with a tad more ground clearance (visiblity) and awd (traction/handling).

She does 100% of her driving in civilized Vermont. The weather in the valley where we live is considerably milder than just a few miles east or west because we are at low elevation and get less snow. we also have all paved roads and they do a great job of cleaning them. On those days when we get 30" of snow overnight, like two weeks ago, she stays in bed until they clean it up. :lol: A FWD car with good winter tires does fine here. we take the van to go skiing and it is an AWD.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It has been a crazy few days. We took home the new car Sunday and yesterday I called our insurance to add the new car. When we bought it, Alla asked if they had any "leftover" 2010's for a cheaper price and we were told "no". So she looked at a few cars and decided she wanted the light blue one at the back of the lot, which they got out and washed up for her while they prepared the paers, etc. So when I called the isnurance company I told them we bought a 2011 Versa...blah, blah, bah. And I gave the VIN. The grls says "You know that is a 2010 and not a 2011 model, right?" Um, no. "Yep, no doubt that is a 2010 Versa"

When Alla heard the news she flipped out, claimed they "tricked her" skipped her class and took the car back and told them to "keep it". She made such a scene they tore everything up, wrote "deal cancelled" on her papers and she walked out. She walked down the street to a Toyota dealer and now she drove home last night in a Matrix, test drive, and today took that back and is test driving a Yaris tonight. :lol: Driving the Yaris reminds me of the Solstice except easier to get in and out. It is like driving a go-cart.

So we no longer have the Versa. :blush: And the jury is back "out"

And who said FSU women are submissive.

would be great to stay in bed when it snows to much, specially with my lady :devil:. glad Alla is ok.

Now you know why I don't go ice fishing. :P

Gary And Alla

It has been a crazy few days. We took home the new car Sunday and yesterday I called our insurance to add the new car. When we bought it, Alla asked if they had any "leftover" 2010's for a cheaper price and we were told "no". So she looked at a few cars and decided she wanted the light blue one at the back of the lot, which they got out and washed up for her while they prepared the paers, etc. So when I called the isnurance company I told them we bought a 2011 Versa...blah, blah, bah. And I gave the VIN. The grls says "You know that is a 2010 and not a 2011 model, right?" Um, no. "Yep, no doubt that is a 2010 Versa"

When Alla heard the news she flipped out, claimed they "tricked her" skipped her class and took the car back and told them to "keep it". She made such a scene they tore everything up, wrote "deal cancelled" on her papers and she walked out. She walked down the street to a Toyota dealer and now she drove home last night in a Matrix, test drive, and today took that back and is test driving a Yaris tonight. :lol: Driving the Yaris reminds me of the Solstice except easier to get in and out. It is like driving a go-cart.

:thumbs:

Way to go Alla !!!

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Toyota dealer here tried to pull that one on me last year but I caught it immediately when I looked at the paperwork. Surprised you did not catch it when the deal was signed.

Good for Alla to stand up to them.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

Toyota dealer here tried to pull that one on me last year but I caught it immediately when I looked at the paperwork. Surprised you did not catch it when the deal was signed.

Good for Alla to stand up to them.

We have been trying to get Alla's credit established and doing a good job actually. Between the settlement for her wrecked car and what we could pay, we could have bought the car "cash" but she wanted to use the money to finish paying her education and applied for a -0- interest loan and was approved...all on her own. I was with her but did not look at the part of the papers that stated the year of the car. I guess I did not focus on that.

She had problems with this dealer from the get go. She went there last week, walked in and a salesman approached her right away. She said "I have some questions about a Versa" The guy immediately told her they were busy and he did not have time to answer questions! She said "I think it is normal to have some questions before I give you $16,000, what do you think?" He told "OK, you have two minutes" !!!!!! :o She went over to the receptionist and asked for the manager, who apologized and got her someone else. She claims it was because of her accent and they do not take a "foreign woman" seriously.

There are no other Nissan dealers around (close by) and she wanted the Versa. So we did the deal and because of all this she feels they are not honest and she will not deal with them. Anyway, I like the Yaris better. I did not get to drive the Matrix. She also likes the Honda "Fit" but it is $2000 more and they won't deal with her...that is the price, take it or leave it. She does not see anything worth paying $2000 more for.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Man that Yaris is a worlwide car! I think every country I've been to has the nicer hotel taxis driving the black Yaris. Extremely dependable cars too.

Good for Alla telling that dealer where to stick it! :thumbs: It sounds like they were dumping last yr's stock at premium price. All previous yr models drop in value the moment the new yr models come out.

~Johnny~

We have been trying to get Alla's credit established and doing a good job actually. Between the settlement for her wrecked car and what we could pay, we could have bought the car "cash" but she wanted to use the money to finish paying her education and applied for a -0- interest loan and was approved...all on her own. I was with her but did not look at the part of the papers that stated the year of the car. I guess I did not focus on that.

She had problems with this dealer from the get go. She went there last week, walked in and a salesman approached her right away. She said "I have some questions about a Versa" The guy immediately told her they were busy and he did not have time to answer questions! She said "I think it is normal to have some questions before I give you $16,000, what do you think?" He told "OK, you have two minutes" !!!!!! :o She went over to the receptionist and asked for the manager, who apologized and got her someone else. She claims it was because of her accent and they do not take a "foreign woman" seriously.

There are no other Nissan dealers around (close by) and she wanted the Versa. So we did the deal and because of all this she feels they are not honest and she will not deal with them. Anyway, I like the Yaris better. I did not get to drive the Matrix. She also likes the Honda "Fit" but it is $2000 more and they won't deal with her...that is the price, take it or leave it. She does not see anything worth paying $2000 more for.

Those dealers sound like some real jerks. You would think with today's economy they would be bending over backwards to make a sale.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

She claims it was because of her accent and they do not take a "foreign woman" seriously.

I'll assume that you knew about the holdback and used that information to negotiate a better price?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Those dealers sound like some real jerks. You would think with today's economy they would be bending over backwards to make a sale.

I am surprised. they are not! Maybe GM would, I don't know. Alla wants nothing to do with GM since the government took them over, she says it is like "Avtovas" :lol:

Particularly Honda, they just aren't making any deals. I also am not too pleased the way they are treating people. When she asked why she couldn't get a better deal at Honda they said "Are you kidding? Do you see what is happening in Japan? You better get a Japanese car now or you won't get one at all"

I find it hard to believe that the Japanese makers are not going to find another source or factory to make engines and most of the cars are assembled here or Mexico or Canada, but who knows? Two Japanese dealers told us this.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.