Gary and Alla

The Solstice is trashed

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the wreck, but glad no one was injured!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

the Korean woman was very attractive also

Koreans may be my second favorite MOBs.

My Jeep Liberty is the best thing I've ever driven for a winter vehicle. Wheel base and center of gravity are perfect.

Even better than the Wrangler?

The Suburu was voted the "State Car of Vermont". Another popular one is the Volvo Cross Country for the people that like the pricier things.

Both are made for driving in snow, slush and muck.

the CJ or Wrangler, and seem to handle a lot better.

Doesn't everything handle better than a Wrangler?

Probably the worst handling but most capable vehicles out there!

Hearing your stories about Alla and driving has me a little worried about my Quattro.

What, is she gonna hit black ice on the Huey P. Long?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Doesn't everything handle better than a Wrangler?

Probably the worst handling but most capable vehicles out there!

I had a Wrangler for 5 winters and thought it handled just fine. Of course I didn't drive stupid like a lot of people who think just because you're in a 4WD you must be invulnerable to snow and ice. I guess if handling in the snow was a top priority, I wouldn't recommend the Wrangler. But if you've got one, my experience is that they handle ok. The Liberty handles better of course, if I was giving a vehicle to a college-bound kid and I knew he/she would be driving in the snow, that or an Escape is what I'd give them.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

Hey, nice no one was hurt. That's always most important.

But I gotta tell ya Gary. Hearing your stories about Alla and driving has me a little worried about my Quattro. The plan for me was to keep it since it's almost paid for and get a truck next, and the S6 would go to a future possible spouse, if that is in my future. But now I have visions of seeing my car come home every few days with a few more dents here and there....and ummm no explanation. Like...Honey..what happened to the back bumper??? It seems to be gone.... it was there yesterday...?? "oh I back up too far and hit that stupid curb thingy..." :lol:

Alla has been driving for 3 years now and this is her first accident with another car. She did go off the road into a bog last winter. Winter driving is very difficult here and it is not unusual for people to ditch a car once or twice in the winter. It happens. So far, this year, I have not. But last year I did and the year before twice. You do not have those conditions in New Orleans. When she was learning to drive, OMG! She creamed mailboxes and bushes and children and small pets were NOT safe. I was scared to death the first time she drove by herself. I still tell her to call me when she gets to school or leaves for home.

While she has caused me numerous heart palpatations and I am truly astounded she made it 3 years without a vehicle accident (though after a year or so she was better)She really has done well. Just be careful. Get her a good car and make sure it has good tires and brakes and everything works. It does not have to be expensive or even new, just good.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Hey, nice no one was hurt. That's always most important.

But I gotta tell ya Gary. Hearing your stories about Alla and driving has me a little worried about my Quattro. The plan for me was to keep it since it's almost paid for and get a truck next, and the S6 would go to a future possible spouse, if that is in my future. But now I have visions of seeing my car come home every few days with a few more dents here and there....and ummm no explanation. Like...Honey..what happened to the back bumper??? It seems to be gone.... it was there yesterday...?? "oh I back up too far and hit that stupid curb thingy..." :lol:

it will go like this

What happened to the back bumper?

"Voowhat eez bumper?"

This, it was right here.

"Voowhat eez it?"

Here the bumper, the part of the car is gone.

"And vooowhat?"

:lol: Just figure out how to pay for it. Be the man.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

it will go like this

What happened to the back bumper?

"Voowhat eez bumper?"

This, it was right here.

"Voowhat eez it?"

Here the bumper, the part of the car is gone.

"And vooowhat?"

:lol: Just figure out how to pay for it. Be the man.

:rofl: yep, gotta love those accents!

~Johnny~

Timeline

:rofl: yep, gotta love those accents!

Alla does a perfect Russian accent. :lol:

I found a fist size dent in the fender one day. "What is this" Vooowhat? "This, here" Vooowhat is it? "A dent" How deed eet get zair? "I don't know Alla, how DID it get there?" Vooowhat? "never mind" I got the toilet plunger and popped it out . :lol: This is the part where they want you to be like a father and indulge their daughter.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So she has a rental car now while the insurance company decides what they will give us for it. It was declared a total loss (big surprise!) and the other drivers insurance has taken liability (big suprise again since it was their client that careened into Alla's lane) She has a Chevy Cobalt for a rental. She doesn;t like it. but she said she went by a Nissan dealer today and she likes the Bersa, or Versa (Russian accent, you know how it is :lol: ) 4 dr. small sedan.

We will see. She has spring break next week anmd we will be looking at a replacement.

Alla was not hurt but seems to have become more afraid now, especially after we went back and got her things out of the car at the junkyard and she got a look at it in the daylight. Ouch!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So she has a rental car now while the insurance company decides what they will give us for it. It was declared a total loss (big surprise!) and the other drivers insurance has taken liability (big suprise again since it was their client that careened into Alla's lane) She has a Chevy Cobalt for a rental. She doesn;t like it. but she said she went by a Nissan dealer today and she likes the Bersa, or Versa (Russian accent, you know how it is :lol: ) 4 dr. small sedan.

We will see. She has spring break next week anmd we will be looking at a replacement.

Alla was not hurt but seems to have become more afraid now, especially after we went back and got her things out of the car at the junkyard and she got a look at it in the daylight. Ouch!

Better get that extra collision insurance on that rental.. :rofl:

~Johnny~

Timeline

Go for a muscle car! Nothing screams America more :yes:

38225516.jpg

She wants something "cute" most likely

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes, that usually is a real eye-opener! I know all my past wrecks have been.....Wow, I lived through that?!!

make sure it has good tires

It still amazes me, living all my life here near Chicago, how few people (these days, didn't used to be like this) use their summer tires during the winter. And.....they slip slide away all the time, even the big bad four-wheel drives.

I always change tires to the highest rated Goodyears for Rain/Snow for the winter. It really really makes a huge difference.

My Alla has seen and knows the difference between the two types of tires; she doesn't drive much in the winter but I rest easier knowing her tires can help....not so much for anything she may do but when other drivers lose it.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Yes, that usually is a real eye-opener! I know all my past wrecks have been.....Wow, I lived through that?!!

It's weird, but after an accident I've always wondered why we don't do a little more "rubbin" while racing to work or while out running errands. Our cars are very safe and it's somewhat of a thrill to slam into something and hear that crunch followed by the exhiliration of, "I'm still alive... and not only am I still alive, I'm not even hurt!"

Maybe a good fender bender here and there would help folks learn to drive a little better.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

38225516.jpg

Not that I would ever consider owning one of those up here in Alaska with our weather, but that care has some nice lines. It's an eye catcher for sure.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

38225516.jpg

They're beautiful cars, aren't they? I really like what they've done with the them, and I'm really glad to see American muscle cars going retro. I've always been more of a Mustang fan, love what they're doing with it, but even I have to admit the new Camaros are works of art, style-wise. It's too bad the Corvette continues to be butt-ugly, Chevy needs to look back to the 50s for inspiration on how to get that car back on track.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.