extremerecluse

Why Are Most Guys Afraid Of Kids?

87 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My ex is a Filipina. Her father was in the US Marine Corps. He was born in San Miguel Bulacan. My ex was a citizen by birth, even though she lived the first 30 years of her life as a Filipina. The embassy contacted her and her siblings to see if they wanted the opportunity to become US Citizens. Three accepted the offer. Two did not. My ex was separated from her spouse and living with me in the US. She divorced him. She never actually told me she had kids until one year into our relationship. She was scared to death of what my reaction would be; of course. She had four kids I later learned. But she waited until the right time to inform me (after I was totally head over heels in love). When you actually love somebody with all your being you will do anything for her. That is exactly what I did. We petitioned for them and they arrived in 1985. I was in the US Army as a Warrant Officer. My ex became pregnant two months before she traveled to the Philippines to help them process through the embassy. We had a great marriage until the kids started moving out. Depression set in and all hell broke loose. Divorce occurred in 2005. Met my fiance online after making the decision to move on in 2010. Stated that I wanted kids for obvious reasons. More mature, loving and knows how to sacrifice. So, that is what I chose for a new partner. Traveled to San Ildefonso to meet her in Oct 2010. I knew that I would be spending the rest of my life with her the moment I laid my eyes on her. Yes she has kids and I love them all as my own. My ex kids and my son are grown and independent now. I have my own life and I want to live it as I wish. I see most guys on this website want nothing to do with single mothers. Hey guys; you don't know what you are missing. You want stability, a nurturer, wisdom and passion that won't quit; choose a single mother. Kids are survivors and they will accept you if you are just yourself and you love their mom like no other. I would like to know from anybody who would like to express an opinion. I love my Marilou so very, very much. I want her so badly, but I must be patient. This process is a long one and that is the one we chose together. Input requested by all who dare.

event.png

event.png

Awww so sweet. I have children and my husband has none. He loves my kids a lot. I dont know if its been easy but it is working. Big props to the men who love children who arent theirs by blood. (L)

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

I am single mom and my fiance loves my son as if its his own and I love his son so much too (he is such a sweet boy). When my fiance was still here with me, he and my son get along so well and me and his son is doing great too. His son is 14 and mine is 7 so the age gap between them doesn't show any competition. His son treat my son as his younger brother and both of them get along so well just fine. (L) (L) (L)

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

I am single mom and my fiance loves my son as if its his own and I love his son so much too (he is such a sweet boy). When my fiance was still here with me, he and my son get along so well and me and his son is doing great too. His son is 14 and mine is 7 so the age gap between them doesn't show any competition. His son treat my son as his younger brother and both of them get along so well just fine. (L) (L) (L)

Come on guys. I don't want this to be for only the ladies. Come on; where are your BA*&^; in your throat?

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not wanting to be tied down ... Women think that is a trap for a man but it does not.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

Not wanting to be tied down ... Women think that is a trap for a man but it does not.

A trap? You mean like the Venus Fly Trap; where the plant closes around you quickly before you have any idea what is happening?

event.png

event.png

Timeline

A trap? You mean like the Venus Fly Trap; where the plant closes around you quickly before you have any idea what is happening?

Single mothers are the best lovers in the world!!!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

women may think that is that it the way to marriage hence keep a man

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just read this and wanted to send my reply...

I married a single mother who has 4 beautiful children and they are so good to me understand our relationship respect me and i love them so much ...i never feel like they arent my blood and we talk everyday and help them with their stuff like homework and cleaning house and we miss eachother like hell and want to be together soon

my experience is quite good...i never thought i would marry a woman with children but im glad i did...and i love her more than anything and are planning on having our own baby one day inshallah...if your love is strong then nothing can stop either of you..not even children

i love them more than myself...cant imagine life without them now and inshallah we will be together soon Ameen

eDztp5.png

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

Male USC here. I love kids. I adopted my ex-wife's two kids shortly after we got married. I then had two of my own. The marriage wasn't good, but I still love my kids. My fiancee has a 5 year old daughter. My kids are all getting older now. I remember the younger years with them. I'm excited to have a chance to share that again with my fiancee.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Kids cost money... a lot of money... surely you know that?

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Kids cost money... a lot of money... surely you know that?

Money? What's money good for if you don't have someone to LOVE and SHARE LIFE WITH? Yes, Children are expensive but Let me say there's no life worth living without them....Who cares about Money if you die alone

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I care about money... if I do not have enough to bring up one child well fed and with access to good healthcare, I will not willingly take (or make) more (especially someone else's) children.

Money? What's money good for if you don't have someone to LOVE and SHARE LIFE WITH? Yes, Children are expensive but Let me say there's no life worth living without them....Who cares about Money if you die alone

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Timeline

My Kim has a daughter 4 yrs old from her very first relationship. He wanted her to abort but she refused so he split. This guy caused her so much pain and suffering that I literally had to prove to her that not all men are cut from the same cloth. Plus for the fact that I am foreign guy made it a bit more nerve racking for her. Kim told me because she is a single mom most pinoy would not want her because it meant having to take care of her and her daughter. I told her it did not matter to me that she had a child as long as she was a good mother. I met Kim's daughter and we hit it off so much. I heard her tell her mom and granny while I was there the second time that she loves me more than she loves her blood father. Everyone that sees me and Aaliah together in Phils assumes she is my blood daughter because of her color and of course me being a black American they all believe I am her father. This girl is my world and I do not consider Liah has my fiancee's daughter because in my heart Liah is part of my hip, my rib, she is as much part of me as I am to her. That is how I see it. Most men I meet in Phils express to me that they prefer virgins for their own selfish reasons I assume. I know Kim wants a boy and if God bless us with that gift then I am happy two times over.

THOM AND KIM's JOURNEY

Aug 31, 2010 - I-129F package sent to VSC

Sept 2, 2010 - NOA-1 hard copy received

Sept 5, 2010 - Check cashed

Nov 29, 2010 - Case Touched

Feb 25, 2011 - Contacted Senator

Feb 28, 2011 - NOA2 APPROVED **179 Days since NOA1 Received**

Mar 7, 2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy arrived

NVC

NVC receieved petition - Mar 7 2011

NVC case number received - Mar 8 2011 MNL2011XXXXXX

NVC case shipped to Embassy - Mar 9 2011

US Embassy Manila

Package delivered DHL - Mar 14 2011 signed by Leonilo

USEM - Medical- Passed Medical Mar 18 2011

USEM- Interview - APPROVED 4-14

USEM- VISA IN HAND - 4-30-2011

CFO - 5-2-2011

Kim on the plane 5-18-2011 Welcome to USA!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee has 3 children, 2 of which will be coming. For me it was easy to decide, since I myself have 4 kids. My daughters and hers are already looking forward to having sisters, as the two older and two younger will be in the same class in school.

As or other guys, I can't say. But honestly when I was looking for and found my Oksana, having children was one of the things I required. Since I have kids, I wanted to make sure the other person would know what it is like to be a parent. She cares greatly for my kids and I do for hers as well. The way it should be. But some guys are not ready for this, especially if they are not already a father.

James and Oksana

event.png

Traveled to Novosibirsk, Russia (thats in Siberia) over holidays

Engaged on ----------------- New Years

Send I-129F package ---- 1/15/2011

Package Received -------- 1/18/2011 10:13 AM signed for by J BRADSHAW

NOA1---------------------------1/20/2011

E-Notification of NOA1---- 1/24/2011 1:09 AM & check cashed, sent to CSC

Hard Copy NOA1------------1/27/2011

Surprise Visit Fiancée-----4/12/2011 - 4/18/2011 (see picture as she was shocked!)

NOA2---------------------------5/11/2011

Birthday Visit------------------5/18/2011 - 5/25/2011

VISA APPROVED!!!----------7/13/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.