TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was surprised too,then when I saw that the beneficiary was from Haiti my excitment dropped below zero..

Ok, whats the difference with Haiti?

T7vMm5.png

05/09 - Met playing games online

08/21/09 - Relationship changed to more than friends

10/28/09 - 11/05/09 - Flew to Canada, met in person

12/16/10 - My baby flew into US to visit

01/26/10 - He proposed!!!! <3

03/16/11 - I-129F Packet Sent to Texas lockbox via USPS (2-day)

03/18/11 - confirmed delivery to lockbox via usps

03/22/11 - NOA1 issued

03/24/11 - Received email re: application was received and forwarded to VSC and NOA1 mailed out

03/24/11 - Check cashed

03/28/11 - Received NOA1 hardcopy by mail

03/29/11 - "Touched"

05/05/11 - Baby flew home :(

08/10/11 - NOA2 (07/21/11 - 08/03/11 - possible NOA2 estimated dates)

08/13/11 - NOA2 hardcopy received via mail

08/24/11 - Received email response w/ NVC case #

08/29/11 - Called NVC - advised our case is under additional processing :S

NVC Received : 2011-08-24

NVC Left : 2011-09-02

Consulate Received : 2011-09-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-09-13

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-09-14

Packet 4 Received : 2011-09-19

Interview Date : 2011-11-03

APPROVED!!!!!!

POE: 12-7-2011

GETTING MARRIED 02-06-2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

I was thinking of planning a wedding,but i decided to wait until we recieve our approval letter...lol..I definatley agree with you all, long distance is not romantic..sometimes i really don't know how we do it,i guess it just God blessing and some support from love ones...The only way it get romantic is when both people are together.

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA1-Hardcopy recieved March 18th

NOA2 August 12th

Waiting for NVC to assign case number!..

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok, whats the difference with Haiti?

Japanese and Haitian beneficiaries, due to the situation in their countries tend to be approved faster,even without expedite requests. I hope VSC will prove me wrong and start approving other March filers..I really hope..

Timeline

Japanese and Haitian beneficiaries, due to the situation in their countries tend to be approved faster,even without expedite requests. I hope VSC will prove me wrong and start approving other March filers..I really hope..

oh wow i just notice that someone that filled feb 12th got approval on the May 13th...wow.now am excited.lol

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA2 August 12th

Okay, I KNOW it's no fun to be in a long distance relationship, and that there's no reason to romanticize it and make it out to be something that it's not. I also know that the little things that most people take for granted are exactly the kind of normalcy that we crave when we are apart, but there ARE things you can do when you're apart to make it more romantic, and fun.

Stuart and I send each other romantic love letters through the mail, on fancy papers even. (I perfume mine too!) It's so fun to run to the mailbox and see if we have mail! We download the same movie and start it at exactly the same time to watch it together. We wake each other up each morning, and say goodnight to each other every night on the phone, sometimes even falling asleep together. (I love to listen to him breathe!) We leave things for each other to find after we go. (I tried to leave a nightie for him once but he thought I missed it in packing and it ended up coming home with me, but I can't tell you how awesome it is to have something of each others to hold and smell them on it, so a sweater is perfect as you can put it on if it's his, or snuggle it if it's hers) When Stuart opens up his medicine cabinet, he sees my toothbrush, and can picture me there with him. When I open up my sock drawer, I see a pair of his socks and it makes me think of him. We talk a few hours a day (unlimited north america plan, or would be a 4000$ a month phone bill) and we play games against each other on the computer. (I kick his #### at skype Chinese Checkers!) He sings me love songs, and I sing goofy ones back to him :P We've bought the same groceries and ingredients, and used the same recipes and shared the same meals together, even decorating the table in the same way.

So get creative, and share on here the things you do to make it as romantic as possible while you are apart, I'm sure we all have some great ideas.

As to planning the wedding, yes, we make some preliminary plans... I already have my dress, shoes and necklace, and we have a few options that we are looking at. Our favourite is totally dependent on if we can buy a house we both fell in love with when I was there last, and that's IF it's still for sale when I sell mine here in order to come up with the downpayment for it. It overlooks the water and has a deck right on the river that we'd be crazy not to set up there, the views are amazing there. We'd hire a barbeque caterer to roast a pig and corn for us, and bring in musicians. If we can't get that house, then there's a place we went to for drinks that offers wedding and reception services, and it should be able to accommodate us even at short notice given the time of year we'll be looking, I have to sell my house and waiting for Montreal, I'm crazy to think that I'll get my visa before september, and have my house sold too, so maybe a Halloween wedding even? Who knows?

So share some stories, and wedding ideas on here, lets's make this a fun group, while you're at it, share how you met too... Stuart and I met playing an online game called Evony, it had a chat function... he was chatting to some people and I thought he was funny so I said hi to him, we started chatting more and it just went on from there. Cupid had a malfunction that day, one of his arrows veered WAAAAY off course!

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

oh wow i just notice that someone that filled feb 12th got approval on the May 13th...wow.now am excited.lol

From California or Vermont? California is more then one month in advanced compared to those patological and cronical slow as**s of VSC

Okay, I KNOW it's no fun to be in a long distance relationship, and that there's no reason to romanticize it and make it out to be something that it's not. I also know that the little things that most people take for granted are exactly the kind of normalcy that we crave when we are apart, but there ARE things you can do when you're apart to make it more romantic, and fun.

That's true, it's not like the movies but it still a good thing this kind of relationship. People just shouldn't go crazy over it lol

Stuart and I send each other romantic love letters through the mail, on fancy papers even. (I perfume mine too!) It's so fun to run to the mailbox and see if we have mail! We download the same movie and start it at exactly the same time to watch it together. We wake each other up each morning, and say goodnight to each other every night on the phone, sometimes even falling asleep together. (I love to listen to him breathe!) We leave things for each other to find after we go. (I tried to leave a nightie for him once but he thought I missed it in packing and it ended up coming home with me, but I can't tell you how awesome it is to have something of each others to hold and smell them on it, so a sweater is perfect as you can put it on if it's his, or snuggle it if it's hers) When Stuart opens up his medicine cabinet, he sees my toothbrush, and can picture me there with him. When I open up my sock drawer, I see a pair of his socks and it makes me think of him. We talk a few hours a day (unlimited north america plan, or would be a 4000$ a month phone bill) and we play games against each other on the computer. (I kick his #### at skype Chinese Checkers!) He sings me love songs, and I sing goofy ones back to him :P We've bought the same groceries and ingredients, and used the same recipes and shared the same meals together, even decorating the table in the same way.

Matt and I share a lot of things too, he's always teaching me something new, about his neighborhood (never been there), his work, his family. We have our own game that we play when we're bored, helps a lot though lol He tries to find the brazilian food and drinks there, and I try to find stuff he likes to eat and drink here.

Everytime he comes to Brazil he leaves with me a shirt that he wore during our last day together, so it has his smell in it. I always leave something important with him too, last time was a special ring I had and it became the one he used to propose me! :blush: ... plus few other things.

As to planning the wedding, yes, we make some preliminary plans... I already have my dress, shoes and necklace, and we have a few options that we are looking at. Our favourite is totally dependent on if we can buy a house we both fell in love with when I was there last, and that's IF it's still for sale when I sell mine here in order to come up with the downpayment for it. It overlooks the water and has a deck right on the river that we'd be crazy not to set up there, the views are amazing there. We'd hire a barbeque caterer to roast a pig and corn for us, and bring in musicians. If we can't get that house, then there's a place we went to for drinks that offers wedding and reception services, and it should be able to accommodate us even at short notice given the time of year we'll be looking, I have to sell my house and waiting for Montreal, I'm crazy to think that I'll get my visa before september, and have my house sold too, so maybe a Halloween wedding even? Who knows?

So share some stories, and wedding ideas on here, lets's make this a fun group, while you're at it, share how you met too... Stuart and I met playing an online game called Evony, it had a chat function... he was chatting to some people and I thought he was funny so I said hi to him, we started chatting more and it just went on from there. Cupid had a malfunction that day, one of his arrows veered WAAAAY off course!

It's hard to start planning by now, especially because we don't know when we'll be approved. But I started seeing which dress I like the most, I already found one. Actually I have a few options, lol can't get enough of that! Also been learning a lot about the traditions over there, how to make a real american wedding and I'm loving it, discovering new things and sharing all of that with him it's great. :luv: We decided the colors has a long time too, and that'll be a small ceremony and reception. Hopefully I can get to marry in October/November, so the wheater will be nice still. Winter for me is ARGH! :wacko: I'm from summer land, hot sun, beaches and sand.. B-)

We met online, in a chatroom... became friends, would talk everyday for hours and hours and after a few months talking, we realized love was in the air lol After that, 2/3 months later, we finally met in person and our relationship became official. :)

Share you story, people! Let's make this thread the best one!

Carolina

Edited by MatthewNCarolina

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

Timeline

Everytime he comes to Brazil he leaves with me a shirt that he wore during our last day together, so it has his smell in it.

I had my honey leave me a shirt also. Glad I'm not the only one!!! :P:thumbs:

T7vMm5.png

03/22/11 - NOA1 issued

03/24/11 - Received email re: application was received and forwarded to VSC and NOA1 mailed out

03/24/11 - Check cashed

03/29/11 - "Touched"

APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

So get creative, and share on here the things you do to make it as romantic as possible while you are apart, I'm sure we all have some great ideas.

Me and my fiance met on facebook. He always had funny status or stories on his wall, then i started poking him,after a week or so we started messaging each other..Soon that lead to yahoo,msn and skype 5 hours conversations..He's very funny,and always making me laugh..So six months, we just became really really close, i went to see him in Sierra Leone in May 2009...And i just fall in love with him..Everything was just like a excepted and dreamt about...I had the best time of my life..We continue talking and talking,and we met again this past christmas in German.He was there on a temporal work visa..

K-1 mailed March 10

NOA1- March 14th

NOA2 August 12th

yes there are indeed some romantic things that even us, the weird long relationship couples, can do :D i have a tshirt of his and i sleep with it at night so i can feel his perfume or else is very hard for me to sleep, cause since we were togheter i feel that something is missing everytime i go to sleep. we dont talk on the phone, cause damn romania doesnt really have a service that we can afford for international calls, so that will be missing from my interview packet.

and thea, u actually gave me a great idea for the small wedding. never thought to buy my dress before i get there ^__^ it sounds so awsome. ill better start looking at something old victorian and creepy :energy: if someone ever thought to put black dresses in stores......... :ranting:

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

we dont talk on the phone, cause damn romania doesnt really have a service that we can afford for international calls, so that will be missing from my interview packet.

Do you use Skype or Gmail to talk over the computer?

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

yes there are indeed some romantic things that even us, the weird long relationship couples, can do :D i have a tshirt of his and i sleep with it at night so i can feel his perfume or else is very hard for me to sleep, cause since we were togheter i feel that something is missing everytime i go to sleep. we dont talk on the phone, cause damn romania doesnt really have a service that we can afford for international calls, so that will be missing from my interview packet.

and thea, u actually gave me a great idea for the small wedding. never thought to buy my dress before i get there ^__^ it sounds so awsome. ill better start looking at something old victorian and creepy :energy: if someone ever thought to put black dresses in stores......... :ranting:

I don't call my man either, we use skype, free :P So, you won't be the only one missing this for the interview. Brazil also sucks with service calls lol

I am not buying my dress before, I want to choose and go to the store try it on. Guess it'll be hard to find a dress like this, try houseofbrides.com, davidsbridal.com or theknot.com (I use this one the most lol )

Good luck

Carolina

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

I couldn't sleep without wearing his sweat shirt every night too and I guess I have to keep wearing it until his back in my arms cos it feels like something is missing when I don't have a piece of him every time I close my eyes at night. He left 2 of his shirts, and I use it every night and there are times that I press my body against it too tight just to really feel it. It may sound silly but I did not wash his shirt for a month just to keep his scent. Oh boy, I miss him so bad. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

I couldn't sleep without wearing his sweat shirt every night too and I guess I have to keep wearing it until his back in my arms cos it feels like something is missing when I don't have a piece of him every time I close my eyes at night. He left 2 of his shirts, and I use it every night and there are times that I press my body against it too tight just to really feel it. It may sound silly but I did not wash his shirt for a month just to keep his scent. Oh boy, I miss him so bad. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Not silly at all. My fiance and I went over a year without seeing each other in person and I slept with his shirt that whole year and never washed it. :D

T7vMm5.png

03/22/11 - NOA1 issued

03/24/11 - Check cashed

03/29/11 - "Touched"

APPROVED!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.