TJ01212011

March 2011 Filers..

1,983 posts in this topic

Today we are getting social security cards and more shots. We have the shot records from the UK and the list of what the medical inspector told us, so we ought to be fine. Once we get the shots then we search for a civil surgeon to transcribe the data to the right paper for AOS.

I wish we had insurance already. The kids! Oh my they are 5 and 6 and in the 2 weeks they have been here we already had a nasty fall (no broken bones but lots of scuffs), a dump on the head, a bite from a dog, and a finger in a mousetrap. Of course we TELL the kids about the mousetrap, we SHOW them what it does, but of course one of them always has to figure it out on their own!

School starts back up on the 25th so we will be ready for that. The kids want Halloween so that's a plan.

We're doing family things, we have never been so happy. VJ made the move entirely painless and we knew what to expect every step of the way as a result. Onward!

Congratulation Aorobert, good to hear things are going good for the family! Kids will be kids though and thats the way it is. :lol:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys and girls! I'm back! lol

We found a spot on Monday to do Sebastian's paperwork. Now I've become a party planner for Sebastian's birthday on Saturday... I'm going nuts with it. He's turning 4 already! Unbelievable

I hope I'll come back with some good news on Wednesday! Wish me luck :star:

@Carolina 23rd is so close now!!! Congrats girl!!! You'll finally be at home!!! :dance: :dance:

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm back from Vancouver, Sean's interview was on 10/12 and we were APPROVED!!!! Finally we can plan our future! I am so grateful, thank God!!!

Andie - Thanks for the well wishes... it worked!

Looky - So happy to see you have a new interview date!

Carolina - Congrats, not too much longer to go!

Good luck to all!

03-09-2011 - Mailed I-129F - USPS Priority mail

03-11-2011 - USPS delivery confirmed @ 12:36 pm

03-16-2011 - Check cleared

03-21-2011 - Recieved NOA1 Hardcopy dated 03-16-2011

03-21-2011 - Touched

07-24-2011 - NOA2 approved!!!

10-12-2011 - Medical and interview - APPROVED!!!!!

@Geor, hey girl, let me know how's things going and happy birthday to Sebitas!!! :dance: :dance:

@Mimi & Sean, YAAY! Congrats!! Big relief now huh? :dance: Thankyou, yep real close now. Finally we can start our future, together, nothing to keep us apart anymore :blush:

@Looky, I'm glad Loretta is doing better, hope she recovers more and more. Well, December 2nd it's not bad at all. And much better now that you can plan on going there to be with her :)

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

@Looky, I'm glad Loretta is doing better, hope she recovers more and more. Well, December 2nd it's not bad at all. And much better now that you can plan on going there to be with her :)

Thanks Carolina, yes I think Loreta is getting better. We think there must be some swelling in her head thats causing pressure to some area that makes her dizzy sometimes, when she walks around. She also has had problems with low blood pressure in the past. Anyway she's going to see a doctor soon. Everything is fine, I am so glad she didn't loose her memory as its happened to her a few times in the past, and that would have ruined this whole process.

At this point a few months does not matter to us, December 2nd is just fine, but even after getting the Visa, we'll get her to the US at the start of Spring, late March early April cause we don't want her to transition from exterme hot weather to extreme cold weather, all of a sudden. So yes we definitely need to see each other cause its been almost one and a half years now. :blink:

Yes I've been looking for flights since yesterday and finally found the one. I'll just wait till I can talk to her and then book it! B-)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Today we are getting social security cards and more shots. We have the shot records from the UK and the list of what the medical inspector told us, so we ought to be fine. Once we get the shots then we search for a civil surgeon to transcribe the data to the right paper for AOS.

I wish we had insurance already. The kids! Oh my they are 5 and 6 and in the 2 weeks they have been here we already had a nasty fall (no broken bones but lots of scuffs), a dump on the head, a bite from a dog, and a finger in a mousetrap. Of course we TELL the kids about the mousetrap, we SHOW them what it does, but of course one of them always has to figure it out on their own!

School starts back up on the 25th so we will be ready for that. The kids want Halloween so that's a plan.

We're doing family things, we have never been so happy. VJ made the move entirely painless and we knew what to expect every step of the way as a result. Onward!

This all sounds so cool.... it is 'real family life' stuff. And the kids... well, despite the bumps and scrapes, they must be having so much fun...kids just being kids. Best to you all :yes:(F)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I'm back from Vancouver, Sean's interview was on 10/12 and we were APPROVED!!!! Finally we can plan our future! I am so grateful, thank God!!!

Excellent!! Great news... :thumbs:

Hey Looky... things are looking on the up and up for Loreta. Dec 02 is pretty close. It all sounds like a good plan.

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Excellent!! Great news... :thumbs:

Hey Looky... things are looking on the up and up for Loreta. Dec 02 is pretty close. It all sounds like a good plan.

Thanks Andie, yes I think her health and our relationship has just been getting ever stronger and stronger, so after a decade, whats a few months anyway! B-)

I believe your relationship has been for nearly as long. So even though the Visa process may take us longer we have an advantage over most. We don't have to worry about whether our relationships can stand the test of time, while most couples are relatively new to each other and will have to build theirs up, while I think both our relationships have gone through the hardest parts and withstood the test of time already.

I leave for Cyprus in the evening of November 25th so I'm psyched!!! :D

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

YAY Looky! Flight booked! She'll be so glad to be with you again, I'm sure. I'm glad she's doing better, and once you two are together the wait for the interview will be way easier. And that's a long time apart, but you guys are strong. Just a little more wait and everything will be fine. :thumbs:

So, my last week in Brazil. I'm getting nervous about everything but it's all good, I just want this to be over, I hate dealing with saddness and the goodbye. I hope the day we leave, everything stays fine. Ugh, this process it's so unfair, at some point somebody's gonna get hurt :wacko: ...I wish it was different. Anyway..How's everyone? Hope all is well.

03/17/2011- Mailed K1 petition

03/25/2011- Email and text NOA1, routed to VSC

03/25/2011- Check cashed

07/05/2011- NOA2, USCIS website, text and email!
10/04/2011- Interview, APPROVED!
10/23/2011- POE - Dulles
11/08/2011- WEDDING!
11/15/2011- Applied for SSN
01/18/2012- AOS package sent
01/24/2012- NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP
01/25/2012- Check cashed for AOS
02/16/2012- AOS & EAD biometrics
02/13/2012- AOS case transferred to CSC
02/21/2012- AOS application received at CSC
03/15/2012- EAD/AP cards approved
03/26/2012- EAD/AP combo card received
07/30/2012- Service Request on AOS, past 6 months mark...
08/28/2012- Ombudsman & Senator contacted, past 7 months mark...
09/04/2012- AOS Approved!
09/10/2012- GC in hand!

08/13/2014- Mailed I-751(ROC) package to VSC

08/15/2014- Delivered

08/18/2014- NOA1/Letter of Extension

08/20/2014- Check cashed

09/17/2014- Biometrics

02/18/2015- Card Production Ordered/ Approved!

ejXGm5.pngSDeHm4.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be fierce! Be consistent, know no bounds, take pleasure in the little things, make love your sole focus, don't submit until you have absolutely no way out........

YAY Looky! Flight booked! She'll be so glad to be with you again, I'm sure. I'm glad she's doing better, and once you two are together the wait for the interview will be way easier. And that's a long time apart, but you guys are strong. Just a little more wait and everything will be fine. :thumbs:

So, my last week in Brazil. I'm getting nervous about everything but it's all good, I just want this to be over, I hate dealing with saddness and the goodbye. I hope the day we leave, everything stays fine. Ugh, this process it's so unfair, at some point somebody's gonna get hurt :wacko: ...I wish it was different. Anyway..How's everyone? Hope all is well.

Thanks Carolina! Thats so true about how many things that you will miss and how many changes you will have to get used to. Its funny I don't read about this too much in here. I guess everybody is so focused on getting to America that they don't think too much about all the changes they will have to face. I don't really know much about the transportation system in Brazil, but in Europe most people are used to just hopping on a bus, trolley or train to get around, but most places in America you need a car to get anywhere. You'll also be in a different world with so much to get used to. Hopefully Matthew will be able to make it as easy for you as possible. I mean I've already made a lot of changes so Lorets won't find it so tough, like I moved to a place where she can walk to the mall, keep her dog, and changed my work schedule so I would have more time to spend with her and be able to come home to eat lunch woth her and stuff like that so I don't leave her alone for so long.

Anyway good luck with it all Carolina, but you and Matthew can find the big things that were missing in both your lives (F)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looky, TJ/Jan, Andie, MatthewNCarolina, Dante&Geor, and all the rest of Inday's and my March Filer friends: Less than 48 hours ago I returned to the U.S. after spending two weeks visit with Inday in Philippines during time of her medical exam, CFO seminar, and interview. I was fortunate enough to attend the interview with Inday at the Manila embassy and am more than glad to report [cue drum roll please...] last Wednesday morning on October 12 we heard the magic words "visa approved!" :dancing::dance::dance::dancing: I can not express enough my appreciation to all of you for your support along the way and your recent good luck wishes for the interview. Manila embassy does not typically issue visas "on-the-spot" so Inday had to return to her home in the central Philippines to wait there for visa delivery. She and I are hoping that she will be able to come to the U.S. not too long after that. You can be sure that she and I will be keeping you updated!! --RK

@MatthewNCarolina--Congratulations on visa approval :dance::dance: and safe travel is wished to you enroute to U.S. POE!! Carolina, I understand very well about the bittersweet nature of the goodbye's. Inday's and my family members and friends are all happy for us, and Inday is even now in process of saying her own goodbye's as she recieves congratulations from many of her family members and friends. I continue to wish with a very large portion of my heart there would have been a viable way for Inday and I to enjoy a married life together without her having to be a literal world away from especially her family. Fortunately, she and I talked these things over long before even starting the visa process and--although I know the separation from family for a time and a space will be difficult--I will remember the reasons for our decision and, in faith, will continue trust in all the positive outcomes and exciting futures the road we have chosen will lead. All the very same is wished for you as well. --RK

@Mimi&Sean--Congratulations to you on your own visa approval!!! :dance::dance: I see we are "interview day approval buddies" having had same day interview and same very good news. :) --RK

@Dante&Geor--Good luck on your own upcoming interview!! Thank you for concern about concern about typhoons. Inday and I manage to skirt just the edges of those and these--along with a domestic airline strike and a number of other obstacles--only resulted in some slight delays although certainly added to the "adventure" :wacko: of the whole experience which was rather intense. --RK

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Timeline

Looky--I knew something was awry when I didn't see you posting here on VJ about the time I headed for the Philippines. I have just read the posts over the last two weeks or so describing how your fiancee had been in a car accident on the way to the interview. I am incredibly sorry to hear that this occurred; however, I was glad to read that Loreta seems to be getting better, at least headed in a positive direction. More than that I am impressed, as always, by your ability to look at the situation with a positive perspective. It has been said although we may not be able to change how people behave towards us or even though we may not be able avoid certain events in life that happen to us, we at least still have the ability to choose our own attitude towards those persons and choose our own attitudes/perspectives in considering those life events. Your own perspectives I know are now and will go ever-farther in strengthening the bond between you and your fiancee. Although the circumstances are unfortunate, I am glad that you have been able to schedule a visit with your fiancee and I know doing so will do worlds of good for her continuing improved health as well. Prayers and best wishes to/for you both now and continuing. --RK

Edited by RK_and_Inday

K-1
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Looky--I knew something was awry when I didn't see you posting here on VJ about the time I headed for the Philippines. I have just read the posts over the last two weeks or so describing how your fiancee had been in a car accident on the way to the interview. I am incredibly sorry to hear that this occurred; however, I was glad to read that Loreta seems to be getting better, at least headed in a positive direction. More than that I am impressed, as always, by your ability to look at the situation with a positive perspective. It has been said although we may not be able to change how people behave towards us or even though we may not be able avoid certain events in life that happen to us, we at least still have the ability to choose our own attitude towards those persons and choose our own attitudes/perspectives in considering those life events. Your own perspectives I know are now and will go ever-farther in strengthening the bond between you and your fiancee. Although the circumstances are unfortunate, I am glad that you have been able to schedule a visit with your fiancee and I know doing so will do worlds of good for her continuing improved health as well. Prayers and best wishes to/for you both now and continuing. --RK

Congratulations RK and Inday on your Visa and soon you will reap the rewards of being together in America very soon!!! :dance::dance::dance:

RK thanks so much for all your prayers and words of support. Well neither Loreta or I focus on whats happened in the past. I have seen enough of what life can throw at you, both bad and good and all I know now is that focusing on the bad will get you no where. But if you just deal with and fight the challenges that face you eventually you'll be in a better position then you'ld ever thought you would be.

But actually we're in pretty good shape, for all thats happened and it could have been sooooo much worse. I hate to imagine what would have appened if she hit the window any harder! But thank God she's still alive, still has her memory and is recovering! Also I feel lucky that we're still in the race for this visa. Her interview is on the 2nd of December and I'll be there with her. Loreta still has some headaches and dizziness but its not getting any worse, and she'll go back to see the doctor on Friday for a check up.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Mimi&Sean--Congratulations to you on your own visa approval!!! :dance::dance: I see we are "interview day approval buddies" having had same day interview and same very good news. :) --RK

Thank you so much for your well wishes and a great big CONGRATULATIONS to you and Inday as well!! Such a wonderful feeling isn't it?! Good luck and best wishes for a beautiful life together.

03-09-2011 - Mailed I-129F - USPS Priority mail

03-11-2011 - USPS delivery confirmed @ 12:36 pm

03-16-2011 - Check cleared

03-21-2011 - Recieved NOA1 Hardcopy dated 03-16-2011

03-21-2011 - Touched

07-24-2011 - NOA2 approved!!!

10-12-2011 - Medical and interview - APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Thank you so much for your well wishes and a great big CONGRATULATIONS to you and Inday as well!! Such a wonderful feeling isn't it?! Good luck and best wishes for a beautiful life together.

You are welcome and a big thank you from us!! Yes, a wonderful and exciting feeling, indeed! May your life together be wonderful and blessed as well!! -RK and Inday

K-1

AOS

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.