Matt and Evieve

Medical Result

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellahs,

I want to share those who have yet to take their medical exam.

It is possible to know your result on the first day. If you arrive there and finished maybe around 10 or 11am, the next batch of releasing x-ray results is at 2pm, so you can wait for that time and you will know if you are for sputum or immunization the following day. If at 2pm, your result is not yet available, they release another batch after 2pm (I forgot the time.) You can check the schedule in 3rd floor. If you know on the first day that you are for sputum (God forbid!), they can schedule you right away on the following day for sputum so that saves a day of stay especially those who don't live near or just renting or something. If you are for immunization (HOPEFULLY!), that saves a night of worrying and wondering what the result is!

I hope you all have a smooth-sailing medical experience! Whatever the result may be, trust God that in His time, He will makes things beautiful! :)

God bless you all!

Regards.

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Hello! what does "sputum" means? is it that horible??? i will get my medical sched soon..and i feel dreaded about it.

Thanks and Good luck on your interview!!

Salamat po!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Correct me if im wrong, but you need a septum test if they detect any tuberculosis spots in the lungs. The test is to either confirm that you either have tuberculosis or you don't. If you do it takes 2 months of treatment i believe.

As far as I know they wont tell you until you go back at your assigned time the second day.

Sputnum test is required if they see a spot(scar from possible TB) in your x-ray.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Sputum Culture test Here is the basics of the test, from what I can read, not painful, just a culture of the saliva to test for potential pathogens/bacteria if a spot or scar is detected on the lung x-rays.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

As far as I know they wont tell you until you go back at your assigned time the second day.

Sputnum test is required if they see a spot(scar from possible TB) in your x-ray.

Yea, it is true. BUT if you will ask the receptionist if your xray is available already, she/he can check it for you. That happened to me. And to some, they decided to wait. :)

Sputum tests is required if the lungs aren't clear. If they see a line or scar, how small it may be, they will rule out the TB possibilities. They're just very careful about it. But they're also friendly and approachable if you ask some favors for them. :)

If a person decides to get the result on the second day, that's fine. Here, if you will be told to go to 4th floor then expect that you are for sputum and will be asked to be back on the sched that they will give. BUT, if you will be told to go to 2nd floor, then you are for immunization, which is an indication that you passed your medical :)

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Correct me if im wrong, but you need a septum sputum test if they detect any tuberculosis spots in the lungs. The test is to either confirm that you either have tuberculosis or you don't. If you do it takes 2 months of treatment i believe.

X-rays do not detect TB. X-rays show irregularities in the lungs. Irregularities are not necessarily caused by TB. Very very few people who have irregularities on their x-ray actually have TB.

However, when St. Lukes sees any irregularity on the x-ray, they will do three things: collect sputum from you for three days, perform three smear tests with your sputum, and perform an eight-week TB culture.

The smear tests do not definitively confirm whether you have TB. The eight-week culture confirms TB. If your eight-week culture is positive for TB, you will be required to undergo a minimum of six months of daily medication at St. Lukes.

Here's a recent VJ thread which talks about what happens when St. Lukes sees an irregularity on your chest x-ray: click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.