blessedblessed

express mail to morocco

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey, all.

i'm getting a little nervous since i mailed my financial paperwork to abdelhay a week ago today through express 3-5 day mailing, and he still hasn't received it. i just need a little pick-me-up and some good vibes since his interview is on monday the 7th!

how long did it take your fiance/spouse to receive their paperwork in morocco??

does anyone have tips/tricks/words of wisdom to find/receive mail quickly in morocco?? :)

Jessica

August 23, 2010- K1 papers sent to CSC

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

March 7, 2011-Interview--Approved!!

March 11, 2011-Visa in hand

March 22, 2011-Arrived in the US!!!!!

August 22, 2011-Filed for AOS

November 25, 2011-EAD in hand

December 02, 2011-Green Card in hand

Sorry, I am sure you are on edge! I sent my husband's paperwork global express from the postal service and it took 4 business days. He lived in Casablanca, so luckily it delivered quickly once it was released from customs. The mail service there is terrible, the best you can do is continue to track it online if you can and have him go to the post-office and request it as soon as it is released and arrives. Try not to panic just yet :thumbs:

Good Luck,

Jackie

Just a suggestion...my husband opened a PO Box at the post office, which garuanteed the mail to get somewhere, he would pick

up his mail , instead of having it delivered to the corner store that they used for mail. There are no addresses on the houses, and

we were scared the packets would have gotten misplaced if we did not have a PO BOX. Just a suggestion!

Erase the image on how you thought your life would turn out- and start living the life you are living!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey, all.

i'm getting a little nervous since i mailed my financial paperwork to abdelhay a week ago today through express 3-5 day mailing, and he still hasn't received it. i just need a little pick-me-up and some good vibes since his interview is on monday the 7th!

how long did it take your fiance/spouse to receive their paperwork in morocco??

does anyone have tips/tricks/words of wisdom to find/receive mail quickly in morocco?? :)

Jessica

When I was in Morocco, my mom sent me several USPS express mail envelopes. It always took 7-10 days for them to arrive to the door from Chronopost, and the tracking was not reliable. We lived in Casablanca.

I should add that was 7-10 days, not business days. Always was 4 or 5 business days. I don't seem to remember Maroc Poste delivering on Saturdays.

Edited by squeaky580

Having had rather poor luck sending packages to my husband via USPS, when it came time to send visa paperwork, I paid an exorbitant amount of money to fedex to insure that it got there, and got there in time. I know it has nothing to do with USPS that those packages went missing, but I was still irritated about it, and didn't want any hassle. I thought my best bet would be to start fresh, and it worked fortunately. I sent over a small, cheap photo album for the interview, and maybe 150 pages of documents. Fedex charged over $200 to send it to Laayoune, it was supposed to be 3 day but took 5 because Laayoune is in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere a lot of mail is sent anyways, because any packages or letters besides the big visa one that ever did arrive took a minimum two weeks. But when he sent me stuff, it always arrived quicker. Go figure. Fedex was the only place that would send stuff to Laayoune back then, besides USPS, so it's not like I had much choice in the matter.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Having had rather poor luck sending packages to my husband via USPS, when it came time to send visa paperwork, I paid an exorbitant amount of money to fedex to insure that it got there, and got there in time. I know it has nothing to do with USPS that those packages went missing, but I was still irritated about it, and didn't want any hassle. I thought my best bet would be to start fresh, and it worked fortunately. I sent over a small, cheap photo album for the interview, and maybe 150 pages of documents. Fedex charged over $200 to send it to Laayoune, it was supposed to be 3 day but took 5 because Laayoune is in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere a lot of mail is sent anyways, because any packages or letters besides the big visa one that ever did arrive took a minimum two weeks. But when he sent me stuff, it always arrived quicker. Go figure. Fedex was the only place that would send stuff to Laayoune back then, besides USPS, so it's not like I had much choice in the matter.

oh my goodness! that's a lot of money for shipping. i'm realizing how lucky i truly am that abdelhay lives in sale--i've sent him both a package and the paperwork and they both reached him in time. thank you so much for your response. :)

When I was in Morocco, my mom sent me several USPS express mail envelopes. It always took 7-10 days for them to arrive to the door from Chronopost, and the tracking was not reliable. We lived in Casablanca.

I should add that was 7-10 days, not business days. Always was 4 or 5 business days. I don't seem to remember Maroc Poste delivering on Saturdays.

thank you for your quick reply as always, squeaky!! your daughter is soooooo cute by the way!!

Just a suggestion...my husband opened a PO Box at the post office, which garuanteed the mail to get somewhere, he would pick

up his mail , instead of having it delivered to the corner store that they used for mail. There are no addresses on the houses, and

we were scared the packets would have gotten misplaced if we did not have a PO BOX. Just a suggestion!

very nice idea!! thank you!!

Sorry, I am sure you are on edge! I sent my husband's paperwork global express from the postal service and it took 4 business days. He lived in Casablanca, so luckily it delivered quickly once it was released from customs. The mail service there is terrible, the best you can do is continue to track it online if you can and have him go to the post-office and request it as soon as it is released and arrives. Try not to panic just yet :thumbs:

Good Luck,

Jackie

i soooo appreciate your kind and helpful response!!! :) :) i think it helped--he got the package yesterday. humdulilah!!

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

Timeline

HE GOT THE MAIL YESTERDAY!!! whew. so FREAKING relieved. :)

thank you, ALL, for your kind responses. :)

oh, and for anyone who is wondering--i sent the paperwork express 3-5 day mail for $36 and it arrived in Sale 8 days later.

Jessica

August 30, 2010-NOA1

January 26, 2011-NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.