cinco8

post 5 month question

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Last week we passed the 5 month wait time for our K1 visa. We sent our packet to the Texas Service Center (avg. wait is 5 months). We still haven't heard anything from them. I have read on this site that a follow up letter is a good idea once the wait time is expired. Where do I send this letter? To the Texas Service Center or is there a different (or better) place to send the letter? Any and all help is most welcome. I am tired of waiting for my Fiancee and I am ready to start our life together.

Engaged May 2010

Submitted 129F Sept. 2010

Received NOA1 - Sept. 23, 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Service Request - March 24, 2010

Last week we passed the 5 month wait time for our K1 visa. We sent our packet to the Texas Service Center (avg. wait is 5 months). We still haven't heard anything from them. I have read on this site that a follow up letter is a good idea once the wait time is expired. Where do I send this letter? To the Texas Service Center or is there a different (or better) place to send the letter? Any and all help is most welcome. I am tired of waiting for my Fiancee and I am ready to start our life together.

First, let me clear up a misunderstanding that you're having.

You didn't send your petition to the Texas Service Center.

You sent it to the Texas Lockbox.

Note the difference in the two names. They aren't the same thing.

The lockbox location forwards your petition to either California or Vermont.

If your case # starts with WAC, you're at California.

If your case # starts with EAC, you're at Vermont.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

The lockbox location forwards your petition to either California or Vermont.

If your case # starts with WAC, you're at California.

If your case # starts with EAC, you're at Vermont.

Ok....That is very helpful information. I was going to be upset but the average processing time for Vermont is still 5 months (it begins EAC). Should I post this letter to Vermont then or just sent it to the Texas lockbox to be forwarded to Vermont?

Engaged May 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Timeline

Two Cats....

I see that your account has been "touched" twice but we filed 9-23-10 and that last "touch" was 10/3/10. So this Thursday is 5 months no matter how you cut it. We are just frustrated and want this over. Any advice other than.....just keep waiting?

Engaged May 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Ok....That is very helpful information. I was going to be upset but the average processing time for Vermont is still 5 months (it begins EAC). Should I post this letter to Vermont then or just sent it to the Texas lockbox to be forwarded to Vermont?

Okay.

Make sure you update your timeline with Vermont as your service center.

Right now, Vermont seems to be a bit behind. I believe the last date they published processing was August 21st, but they have had a few September applications get processed recently (you can see what cases have been proved using the Immigration Timelines link above, and checking Igor's List under Vermont).

Most of the time, you would want to try calling the service number and asking for a tier 2 representative, telling them you are outside of the published processing time and you are asking for a service request.

People haven't had much luck with it lately from Vermont, however. Usually, they are told to wait another 30 days.

Two Cats....

I see that your account has been "touched" twice but we filed 9-23-10 and that last "touch" was 10/3/10. So this Thursday is 5 months no matter how you cut it. We are just frustrated and want this over. Any advice other than.....just keep waiting?

My case is actually at California, so I can't really speak to what being touched even means over there. There have been a lot of strange activity on that side of things.

Right now, Vermont is just starting to process September, so hopefully you should hear something soon. Just based on what I've heard from other Vermont filers, I wouldn't hold much hope on getting a service request put in until after six months.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

This has been a big help thank you all. I have some calls to make tonight after work it sounds like. Thanks!

Engaged May 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi there,didn't you read the forums how TSC was backed up with 36.000 petitions.All of us have petitions with TSC waited 6-7-8 months before approval.It will be 7 months for me in March 11th.There are few of june -july filers still waiting for approval.I am also tired of waiting 7 months and want to be with my husband also.Good luck!

05/27/2010 MARRIED

08/04/2010 I-130 SENT

08/11/2010 NOA1

08/25/2010 TOUCHED

11/02/2010 TOUCHED

11/03/2010 CASE SENT FROM CSC TO TSC

11/04/2010 TOUCHED

11/10/2010 TOUCHED

11/18/2010 TOUCHED

11/19/2010 TOUCHED

11/24/2010 TOUCHED

02/14/2011 RFE (MISSING EVIDENCE)

02/15/2011 RFE RESPOND SENT

03/10/2011 NOA2 APPROVAL(exactly 7 months)211 days

03/14/2011 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED

03/16/2011 FILE SENT TO NVC

NVC

03/18/2011 CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

03/21/2011 RECEIVED IIN,GAVE E-MAILS,3032 SENT

03/22/2011 SENT PAYMENT FOR AOS FEE

03/23/2011 DS-3032 E-MAIL ACCEPTED,AOS SHOWS PAID,SENT AOS PACKAGE

03/24/2011 IV FEE RECEIVED AND PAID

03/28/2011 IV FEE SHOWS PAID,SENT IV PACKAGE

04/08/2011 SIF (SIGN IN FAILED)

04/10/2011 CASE COMPLETE

EMBASSY

05/25/2011 MEDICAL COMPLETED

05/02/2011 INTERVIEW

INTERVIEW RESULTS: APPROVED

POE 05/24/2011 HOUSTON,TEXAS

THANK GOD, IT'S OVER! FINAL! FINISHED! BITTI!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Nihal, She / He is probably not at the Texas Service Center because they're K1 Fiance Petitioners.

OP, you are either at VSC or CSC, in which case they say their goal time to complete a petition is approximately 5 months... but NOT GUARANTEED. As Cehunnihal mentioned, there are some filers that have been there for 6-8 mos still. Then again, I've seen some filers get approved in 3 mos or less. There's a lot more to do before that NOA2 gets to us. Have you and beneficiary completed packet 2 yet?? Some of those documents (obtaining from foreign governments) can take months to get and we just had a friend who became delayed by a month for not having witnesses who 'lived on the same street, not neighborhood mind you, as he did, when he tried to request his Police Reports both current & archived! Be prepared for glitches like that if in case you haven't completed that packet. Also, obtaining the medical history (vaccination records of beneficiary) isn't all that easy in Turkey in some regions.

Most of all, stop watching the clock! It can drive you crazy if you're not keeping busy doing other stuff that will help you get to that lifetime together. Help and plan the wedding! Geeze that takes some work, I can assure you. The NOA2 is not the end all either. You'll have plenty to do without looking at two hands on the face of time. Everybody is waiting... Good Luck!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.