Don and Grace

Scheduling interview help please

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Im trying to schedule our interview, and having difficulty in doing so. According to my fiancee, she has a friend that says april is being booked already but we cant seem to schedule. She is getting frustrated that we havent made the date yet for interview and i need some info to tell her so she will stay calm. Its been sometime now, seems like the wait has been long and we both want to be together quicker. Will the embassy get upset if i call them everyday?

The other thing was, when she received her letter that it was ok to schedule for the interview she said it was dated Dec 3rd, but the letter from the nvc was dated Jan 31st. She just received the letter this past week. So you see why she might be a little frustrated.

Anyway i hope that someone can reply so we can stop the waiting, and start our lives together soon.

Hi,

Im trying to schedule our interview, and having difficulty in doing so. According to my fiancee, she has a friend that says april is being booked already but we cant seem to schedule. She is getting frustrated that we havent made the date yet for interview and i need some info to tell her so she will stay calm. Its been sometime now, seems like the wait has been long and we both want to be together quicker. Will the embassy get upset if i call them everyday?

The other thing was, when she received her letter that it was ok to schedule for the interview she said it was dated Dec 3rd, but the letter from the nvc was dated Jan 31st. She just received the letter this past week. So you see why she might be a little frustrated.

Anyway i hope that someone can reply so we can stop the waiting, and start our lives together soon.

Hello,

We have almost similar timelines and i was monitoring yours before for comparison. I believe I have answered some or one of your post.

I too receive a December 3rd letter, i just ignored it... the important thing is you have your manila case number, your fiancee's passport number (with release date and expiration) and your date of payment (if she paid after 2pm at BPI, it will be posted the next day so use the next day's date).

Go to the website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ScheduleanAppointment.html click K1 visa appointment scheduling.

If this doesn't work, ask your fiancee to call (02) 982-5555, (02) 902-8930, this is free if she is in Manila but if she is in the province this is a long distance call, call center hours are 6AM to 10PM Monday to Friday, i suggest to call during early morning or after office hours in the afternoon, you (I presume you are in the USA) can call for a fee at (214) 571-160, if you want to do the scheduling.

From what i have notice with the online appointment scheduling... they do not open the dates right away... like right now.. you can see online that March is blocked off, this is because all slots have been taken. But with regards to April, the reason for this is they do not open the April schedule yet... I think they will open the dates 2 to 3 weeks before the interview dates, so I think April dates will be open by next week. Just be on the lookout.

You can change your schedule too, like what i did, was to schedule March 28 as my interview coz it was the date opened then... but last week, they opened the 3rd and 4th week of March, so I was able to re-schedule my interview from March 28 to March 21.

I am the beneficiary, my fiancee and I agreed that he will deal with the USCIS and NVC, i will deal with the embassy so that's why i am doing all the research online.

Lastly while waiting... give this site to your fiancee. Ask her to prepare all those things, you also need to send her all the documents she needed from your end.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction%20Packet%20_3__rtf2_001.pdf

Manila Embassy does not give packet 3 in the mail.. that's what can be found in the website.

Hope this helps. The process can be really frustrating and I understand why some people feels like they just wanna give up... NOA2 waiting frustrates me sooo much, plus the Mania embassy's closing of schedule for the 1st two weeks of March because they will move to another building... Please see this: http://manila.usembassy.gov/service.html. But this is also a test if things between you are really for real... For me and my fiancee, we grown to know more of each other coz this process brings out the best and worst we could ever be... and we learn to accept it.

Hope this helps.

Goodluck with your journey.

Ohh in case you will do it online successfully, do not forget to print your appointment letter which contains a UID number. You will need this when you log in again to reschedule.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.