hh_mfc

Can debt in recipients country affect a k-1 visa?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone. My fiancee' lives in China. She has just recieved packet 3. She has a previous debt to a bank or credit card there totaling almost $3,000 U.S. Can this stop her from being issued a K-1 visa and prevent her from leaving the country to travel to the U.S.? We have this much money saved for her and her daughters airline tickets to the U.S. and want to keep the money for that. We can not come up with the money to pay the bank back right away. My fiancee worries that the bank will report her to the police and then she will have her photo or i.d. card blacked out and thus have a bad mark on her i.d. We worry this will throw a monkey wrench, so to speak, in our endeavors to get the k-1 visa. Does anyone know how the Chinese government handles these situations? Can they put bad things attached to her i.d. no., and will this affect her getting a visa? If anyone can help or knows about this, I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hello everyone. My fiancee' lives in China. She has just recieved packet 3. She has a previous debt to a bank or credit card there totaling almost $3,000 U.S. Can this stop her from being issued a K-1 visa and prevent her from leaving the country to travel to the U.S.? We have this much money saved for her and her daughters airline tickets to the U.S. and want to keep the money for that. We can not come up with the money to pay the bank back right away. My fiancee worries that the bank will report her to the police and then she will have her photo or i.d. card blacked out and thus have a bad mark on her i.d. We worry this will throw a monkey wrench, so to speak, in our endeavors to get the k-1 visa. Does anyone know how the Chinese government handles these situations? Can they put bad things attached to her i.d. no., and will this affect her getting a visa? If anyone can help or knows about this, I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Hi,

I don't about China, but having some debt in my home country wasn't a problem for me. I don't know of anyone else who's had an issue obtaining a visa due to debt either. Hope this helps at least a little!

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.