Twodice

NVC Filers - March 2011

539 posts in this topic

Got the appointment letter so I those who were just scheduled, check your email.

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

Got the appointment letter so I those who were just scheduled, check your email.

Got mine 4 hours ago! :)

Maybe my timeline would be helpful. Though I haven't completed NVC yet. God bless you all! :)

hi, just want to ask...looking at your timeline, can we do medical (sputum tests) even before it says sign in failed?

hi, just want to ask...looking at your timeline, can we do medical (sputum tests) even before it says sign in failed?

Yes, you can. Those in the Philippines can do advance medicals. All you need is the letter from NVC with your name and case number on it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations to all who got interview letters yesterday! Whohoo!! Yesterday was a good day for a lot. :thumbs:

I called NVC yesterday about the AVR message, and the operator said that they finally 'received' my IV Package yesterday, meaning it was scanned into their system yesterday and that they will start reviewing it now. So, we have some ways to go! Keeping my fingers crossed for no RFE!!!

USCIS: (5 months, 18 days)

8/24/10 - filed for I-130

11/3/10 - Case transfered from CSC to TSC

2/14/11 - I-130 approved

NVC: (31 days)

2/28/11 - NVC case number assigned

3/1/11 - Called NVC and gave email addresses to be added to case

3/3/11 - DS-3032 (COA) form received via email; Sent completed DS-3032 to NVC

3/3/11 - Paid AOS fees online

3/4/11 - AOS fees shows as Paid; Sent AOS pacakge via Fedex;

3/8/11 - DS-230 Package IV fee payment option available; paid $404

3/10/11 - Package IV fees shows as Paid. Mailed Package IV documents

3/25/11 - Package IV scanned into the system

3/31/11 - SIF!!

4/1/11 - CC as per operator; AVR updated with CC information.

4/12/11 - Interview date assigned

4/14/11 - Received Interview package via email

4/27/11 - Package left NVC

EMBASSY

4/30/11 - Medical completed

5/24/11 - Interview! --- APPROVED!!!

US

6/19/2011 - POE Chicago

8/9/2011 - Welcome Letter and Receipt Notice received

NO GREEN CARD YET

Yes, you can. Those in the Philippines can do advance medicals. All you need is the letter from NVC with your name and case number on it.

:thumbs:

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. – Genesis 2:24

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations, sarah et luc, Saylin, and Matt and Evieve!!! May 3rd is going to be a wonderful day!!!!!

P.S. I would also like to note that it is NOT the second week of the month...interesting... ;-)

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Timeline

Congrats to all who got their interview letters. Wish you all good luck at the face to face :thumbs:.I paid my AOS bill today and it says being processed. Finalizing all my documents now to send in the packet as soon as it says Affidavit of Support fees paid. I hope Saylin and all you guys stick around even after your interviews to helps us along.

USCIS

10/04/10 - filed for I-130

2/14/11 - I-130 approved in 148 days

NVC

3/23/11 - NVC case number assigned

3/23/11 - Called NVC and gave email addresses to be added to case

3/26/11 - DS-3032 form received.

3/26/11 - Paid AOS fees online.

3/30/11 - AOS package received by NVC

4/8/11 - DS-230 Package IV fee payment option available, paid same day.

4/12/11 - Package IV fees shows as Paid. Mailed Package IV documents

4/14/11 - Package IV delivered to NVC.

4/26/11 - SIF!!

6/7/2011- Interview date

6/7/2011= Received 221g asking for co-sponsor

7/7/2011-VISA APPROVED

Living the American life with family and loving it :)

Congrats to all who got their interview letters. Wish you all good luck at the face to face :thumbs:.I paid my AOS bill today and it says being processed. Finalizing all my documents now to send in the packet as soon as it says Affidavit of Support fees paid. I hope Saylin and all you guys stick around even after your interviews to helps us along.

Don't worry, I won't be going anywhere ;) Except for when I move to the USA, then I'll be gone for 3 days :P

Timeline

We received an email from NVC last night (I didn't realize NVC worked on Saturdays! :huh: ). It says they have reviewed the AOS documents and are now waiting for DS-230 package. Our DS-230 package was received by NVC on March 15, and on Friday, an operator told me that they have scanned our DS-230 package into their system on Friday. So, is there a disconnect between their system and reality? Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

2/14/11 - I-130 approved

3/31/11 - SIF!!

EMBASSY

US

6/19/2011 - POE Chicago

NO GREEN CARD YET

We received an email from NVC last night (I didn't realize NVC worked on Saturdays! :huh: ). It says they have reviewed the AOS documents and are now waiting for DS-230 package. Our DS-230 package was received by NVC on March 15, and on Friday, an operator told me that they have scanned our DS-230 package into their system on Friday. So, is there a disconnect between their system and reality? Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

The emails are sent out automatically, they don't actually work on the weekends :P For example, I got my interview letter at 6am on Saturday yesterday. It just takes awhile for the system to send out emails, so that's why you got it on the weekend.

I wouldn't be worried about the email though. As soon as the AOS is scanned, it seems that NVC sends out the email asking for the DS-230 without even checking if they already have it at NVC. If your DS-230 was just scanned on Friday, then this email was probably generated before that and it took awhile for you to receive it. Just disregard the email and continue calling an operator to see how your case is doing.

Timeline

The emails are sent out automatically, they don't actually work on the weekends :P For example, I got my interview letter at 6am on Saturday yesterday. It just takes awhile for the system to send out emails, so that's why you got it on the weekend.

I wouldn't be worried about the email though. As soon as the AOS is scanned, it seems that NVC sends out the email asking for the DS-230 without even checking if they already have it at NVC. If your DS-230 was just scanned on Friday, then this email was probably generated before that and it took awhile for you to receive it. Just disregard the email and continue calling an operator to see how your case is doing.

Thank you, Saylin. It was wishful thinking that NVC worked on weekends! Haha! I will start calling them tomorrow.

2/14/11 - I-130 approved

3/31/11 - SIF!!

EMBASSY

US

6/19/2011 - POE Chicago

NO GREEN CARD YET

Thank you, Saylin. It was wishful thinking that NVC worked on weekends! Haha! I will start calling them tomorrow.

Wishful thinking indeed laughing.gif It'd definitely be nice if NVC worked on weekends, but alas, I don't think we'll ever see that happen.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We too, got an email on Saturday stating the our DS-230 was missing. When in actuallity the auntomated recording and NVC operated confirmed they have received it and reviewing the documents.

As for some of US waiting for the Cairo Embassy to reopen, here is some information I got today from the Cairo Embassy and NVC.

- Cairo Embassy: said they would be opening mid April :dance:

- NVC: said they are already rescheduling interviews that had been canceled and setting new April & May interviews for the case completed at NVC :thumbs:

Now if only my case would be completed this week. Here's to hoping. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.