lovequeen

CO cancelled visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Hi again VJ, i am wondering why the CO cancelled my us visa

but didn't even look at my child's passport or visa.

after she finished interviewing me, she asked to see my

passport and she cancelled the visa. it read CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

does this mean something, since she didn't cancel my child's own?

thanks everyone.

Timeline

Hi again VJ, i am wondering why the CO cancelled my us visa

but didn't even look at my child's passport or visa.

after she finished interviewing me, she asked to see my

passport and she cancelled the visa. it read CANCELLED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

does this mean something, since she didn't cancel my child's own?

thanks everyone.

Once an immigrant visa is issued.....any B1/B2 Visas will be cancelled. Cancelled without prejudice just means it was voided due any crimes or any such thing that would void you from ever getting a visa. I don't know why they didn't cancel the child's own....maybe its going to expire soon or something.

My Husband's naturalization timeline:
08/25/10: My Husband finally posts his naturalization application
09/01/10: Text message & e-mail notification acknowledging receipt of application. Forwarded to NBC
09/04/10: I-797 Received in the mail. Priority Date: August 30th 2010
02/02/11: Naturalization Interview (Postponed due to weather and probably backlogged)
03/11/11: Naturalization Interview..........PASSED!!!!!!!!
04/20/11: Oath Ceremony

02/04/11: Civil Marriage Ceremony in New York
02/05/12: Religious Marriage Ceremony in Barbados

USCIS
05/09/12: I-130 Sent
05/14/12: I-130 NOA1
01/17/13: I-130 NOA2

NVC
02/04/13: NVC Received
02/21/13: Case number assigned
02/22/13: Called and got case number & gave e-mail addresses
02/24/13: Emailed DS3032
02/25/13: AOS bill generated and paid
03/06/13: DS3032 Accepted
03/06/13: AOS appears as "PAID"
03/07/13: IV bill generated and paid
03/08/13: IV bill shows as "PAID"
03/11/13: Mailed AOS & IV Packets
03/13/13: NVC Received AOS & IV Packets
03/26/13: Case Complete!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!

04/10/13: Medical Exam
05/08/13: Interview

event.png

Timeline

Once an immigrant visa is issued.....any B1/B2 Visas will be cancelled. Cancelled without prejudice just means it was voided due any crimes or any such thing that would void you from ever getting a visa. I don't know why they didn't cancel the child's own....maybe its going to expire soon or something.

thank u for your reply. the thing why i am puzzled is because i was

not granted my immigrant visa. i got blue slipped, and also my child's

visa is only 2yr old she still has 8yrs on it. it's a 10yr multiple

entry visa. just to make it more clear.so that's why i am puzzled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

your tourist visa was cancelled because of the superior immigrant visa, in adjudication at the Embassy.

Tourist Visa holders are always viewed with immigrant intent,

and if you have an immigrant visa 'in adjudication' at the Embassy,

well, you proved up the 'immigrant intent'.

Doesn't matter that the immigrant visa is not yet awarded, what matters is the adjudication.

Good luck with the evidence submittal !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

your tourist visa was cancelled because of the superior immigrant visa, in adjudication at the Embassy.

Tourist Visa holders are always viewed with immigrant intent,

and if you have an immigrant visa 'in adjudication' at the Embassy,

well, you proved up the 'immigrant intent'.

Doesn't matter that the immigrant visa is not yet awarded, what matters is the adjudication.

Good luck with the evidence submittal !

thank you darnell. i should have made my post more clear. the visa that was cancelled was NOT a tourist visa

it was a one entry visa which was already expired. my child on the other hand has a 10yr tourist visa and that

was not touched.so do you see where my confusion comes in? maybe am worrying about something that is nothing :)

what do you think.?

Timeline

what visa was cancelled ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what visa was cancelled ?

an H2B. WORK VISA

Edited by vett

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable): 2009-03-17

I-130 Sent : 2009-12-21

I-130 NOA1 :

I-130 RFE : 2010,11,06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2010,12,15

I-130 Approved : 2010-03-09

Interview Date : 2011-02-17 Submit Review

life is not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!♥♥♥

if god is for you who can be against you.

blue slipped!!

-- Second Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):

28/3/2011...APPROVED!!!!APPROVED, APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

what visa were you interviewing FOR, that day ?

Timeline

then don't worry about this.

WHEN the CR-1 visa stamp is placed in yer passport, the H2-B visa cannot be 'concurrent' - and that's why (IMO) the H2-B visa was cancelled.

Timeline

then don't worry about this.

WHEN the CR-1 visa stamp is placed in yer passport, the H2-B visa cannot be 'concurrent' - and that's why (IMO) the H2-B visa was cancelled.

thank you very much for taking the time out to reply to my worries :) i feel

much better now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can have any number of visa's.

Different visa's, different purposes.

But if it was a single entry and has been used them no harm.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.