Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called DoS today. They said my packet 3 was sent from Montreal a week ago.....should be here pretty soon! :dance: Hopefully packet 3's will start rolling out of Montreal! :-)

DoS told me packet 3 was sent May 5 --- still do not have hard copy!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I never received a hard copy of pkt 3 at all. They said it was mailed Feb 28th! hmmmm

I am glad I found VJ'ers to recommend printing out the forms and mailing in before it arrived......... otherwise I would still be waiting.

Aug. 11/2010 - NOA1 (VSC)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Feb. 14/2011 - NVC received

Feb 28/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 3

End of Mar. /2011 - found wonderful help on VJ

Mar. 30/2011 - mailed pkt 3 to Consulate

April 8/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 4

April 15/2011 - Pkt 4 received

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Interview - May 18/2011 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance had his interview this afternoon and it was a success! They told him 1-2 weeks before he will receive the visa. We originally wanted to book his flight to the USA for June 3, but now are worried he won't have received the visa by then. Anyone with experience?

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to say when you will have your passport back.

Most are within 2 weeks but according to previous posts on VJ this week there seems to be a lot of cases completed mid-May by Montreal currently in Administrative Processing. Which leads me to believe they're backlogged.

You can call DOS to get an update now and then and try tracking your package with your Refence ID on DHL.ca but Montreal is not very fast on the database update :blink:

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to say when you will have your passport back.

Most are within 2 weeks but according to previous posts on VJ this week there seems to be a lot of cases completed mid-May by Montreal currently in Administrative Processing. Which leads me to believe they're backlogged.

You can call DOS to get an update now and then and try tracking your package with your Refence ID on DHL.ca but Montreal is not very fast on the database update :blink:

Thanks for the info! I was noticing that a lot of people who had their interview 1 or more weeks before us haven't received anything yet, so we decided not to book the flight. Hopefully Montreal will get going and send passports back soon! They have another 3 day weekend coming up so I'm sure that won't help..

Timeline

Hello ; Being new to this forum, I have been spending days reading and learning. I have found so much helpfull information. My question though is, I received my NOA2 April 25, 2011. Since that time, I have not received anything from Montreal. Should I be getting worried ? I see many here have a much shorter time line. I don't know how much more my nerves can take. Our initial I-129F was submitted on Sept. 27, 2010 and it was not approved untill April 19,2011. That seems longer than most here waited. Thanks for any help or advice.

Hello ; Being new to this forum, I have been spending days reading and learning. I have found so much helpfull information. My question though is, I received my NOA2 April 25, 2011. Since that time, I have not received anything from Montreal. Should I be getting worried ? I see many here have a much shorter time line. I don't know how much more my nerves can take. Our initial I-129F was submitted on Sept. 27, 2010 and it was not approved untill April 19,2011. That seems longer than most here waited. Thanks for any help or advice.

I suggest calling DOS to ask for information about your case. You will need your case number, so have it handy.

The number for DOS is 1-202-663-1225. Press 0 to talk to an operator.

They will be able to tell you where your case is. If it's already in Montreal, they'll be able to tell you if Montreal's sent Packet 3 yet.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank You for the information. I will do that Tueday, being that tomorrow is an American holiday. I sure appreciate the fast reply.

Just a tip, if you haven't already come across it... If DoS tells you that packet 3 has been logged, you don't have to wait to physically receive it in the mail before mailing the packet 3 stuff back. That speeds things up a bit. The same thing goes for booking an interview with packet 4- start calling them about a week after you mail packet 3 (if you use xpresspost to get it there quickly, though you're "supposed" to use DHL, which is slower) and ask if packet 4 has been logged yet. I called them 3 times, the first two times I was told it was logged but I "shouldn't" book an interview yet. The third time I called the lady told me I could book an interview, and I did so on the same day! :)

Timeline

Thank You for the advice. I called DoS today, and was informed I should have received Package #3 three weeks ago. My luck ! I am following your advice to send in the forms that would accompany package #3 tomorrow. I will then follow your advice on speeding up the interview. I sure appreciate the help. What address did you use for Montreal. I have seen several sugested here ?

Edited by proracer

Thank You for the advice. I called DoS today, and was informed I should have received Package #3 three weeks ago. My luck ! I am following your advice to send in the forms that would accompany package #3 tomorrow. I will then follow your advice on speeding up the interview. I sure appreciate the help. What address did you use for Montreal. I have seen several sugested here ?

This is the one I used last month, and my forms were processed very quickly:

ATTN: Immigrant Visa Unit

315 Place d'Youville Suite 500

Montreal Quebec

H2Y 0A4

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Timeline

proracer: And yet another tip: there was a thread recently where someone had sent their packet 3 through DHL, and DHL insisted on sending it to the consulate's "old" (it changed in January) address, which was slower because it had to forward the mail from there to the proper address. I recommend you xpresspost it to the address Ralyse listed above- it's faster. If you use DHL be aware that they may send it to the consulate's other address. And make sure your name and case number is on the folder you send your packet 3 in! :)

Although it's not common, some people never receive their packet 3 from Montreal. I guess some of them just get sucked into a black hole? :S

Edited by pocheros

Timeline

I meant to add this to the post above but it went beyond the time limit.

Proracer: Also, if you haven't received packet 3 or packet 4 within a few weeks of booking your interview, you may want to call the place where you're doing your medical exam. I don't know about Montreal, but in Toronto they require you to bring either packet 3 or packet 4 with you on the day of your exam. So, you'll want to double check if you think it may be an issue, and if you never receive packet 3 or 4 ask the secretary what other proof you can bring.

proracer: And yet another tip: there was a thread recently where someone had sent their packet 3 through DHL, and DHL insisted on sending it to the consulate's "old" (it changed in January) address, which was slower because it had to forward the mail from there to the proper address. I recommend you xpresspost it to the address Ralyse listed above- it's faster. If you use DHL be aware that they may send it to the consulate's other address. And make sure your name and case number is on the folder you send your packet 3 in! :)

Although it's not common, some people never receive their packet 3 from Montreal. I guess some of them just get sucked into a black hole? :S

This is true. I never received a hard copy of P3, and I got my P4 hard copy on Monday. Funnily enough, Andy got the hard copy of P3 yesterday, which isn't terribly uncommon (for them to send it to the USC instead of you) but even that arrived later than my P4. I would definitely call DOS and talk to them - we literally saved a month+ of wait time by operating by DOS' updates instead of waiting for hard copies.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

Thanks Everyone ; I sent the forms to the address above today, express overnight delivery. With a mail strike looming, I didn't want any further delays. I will continue to request the packages. I would assume there should be no problem with package #4, but with my luck, or lack of it, LOL, who knows ! I understand package #4 contains the medical forms anyway, am I right ? With luck, I will be married by Christmas, of course I never said what year. LOL

Thanks Everyone ; I sent the forms to the address above today, express overnight delivery. With a mail strike looming, I didn't want any further delays. I will continue to request the packages. I would assume there should be no problem with package #4, but with my luck, or lack of it, LOL, who knows ! I understand package #4 contains the medical forms anyway, am I right ? With luck, I will be married by Christmas, of course I never said what year. LOL

P4 will take about 2 weeks to reach you from the day they send it, maybe a couple days less. :) You don't really need it, though. You'll need it to take to your medical, but all that's in it is information that is on Montreal's website as well as the CSC site. It instructs you how to book your interview and what to bring. :thumbs:

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.